Jimbo Fisher and the ACC

Advertisement
The business of college football is out of hand. Texas A&M offered LSU's DC Dave Aranda close to 8 million for four years and guess what...LSU gave Aranda a 4 year 10 million dollar GUARANTEED contract (for you amateurs here that think assistants don't get multi year contracts) So A&M goes and gets. Elko, ND's DC at 1.8 guaranteed. **** A&M just took Oklahoma's S&C coach at $800,000 a year. Our DC doesn't make 800K. Look at Bama, they have a 20 million dollar coaching payroll. There are about 20 assistants that make over 1 million a year. The NCAA has $500,000,000. in the bank, it's not amateur athletics anymore, only for the players.

One area we need to step it up....the 'assistants' game.

I still can't believe those dudes from Clemson didn't leave!
U think we clean? like honestly? It has nothing to do with conference and everything to do with what will u do to win at all costs, Clemson wants to win so they do whats necessary ACC or not. Reason its heavy in the SEC is because those teams want to win and thats all they care for nothing else, its just the SEC has alot of teams who want to win. ACC has teams like that too FSU Clemson and us, we want it as bad as they do.

Advertisement
Yeah, you're right...Texas is not a hotbed of great high school football players. And before I forget, Florida colleges haven't won anything in recent years, which also means, using your thinking, there is no talent in the sunshine state. Additionally, you not believing even a few quality Florida players will go to College Station with Jimbo now at the helm...I would gladly take that bet!!

One more thing...Jashaun Corbin and Charles Strong, both Florida players, joined Jimbo's first recruiting class...they apparently found College Station on a map...maybe they could help you do the same.

How many championships has the state of Texas produced this side of WWII?

I think we do to but thats just my opinion, I wont let the love I have for the program make me think we dont fuq around a bit no matter even if Jesus Christ was the coach.

We’ve had this discussion before.

You’re a good guy, you just don’t understand the program, it’s alumni, and it’s boosters, and that’s why you just don’t get it.

If you’re going to hold that opinion so strong you should base it on a little more than just gut feeling. As an alumni, I can tell you that no program is squeaky clean, and $ handshakes, meals, and piddly shlt happen everywhere.

But bags at Miami? Listen to people that actually know. There’s no system in place. In ACC football, it’s pretty much Clemson and FSU. Not sure about Louisville.

Advertisement
We’ve had this discussion before.

You’re a good guy, you just don’t understand the program, it’s alumni, and it’s boosters, and that’s why you just don’t get it.

If you’re going to hold that opinion so strong you should base it on a little more than just gut feeling. As an alumni, I can tell you that no program is squeaky clean, and $ handshakes, meals, and piddly shlt happen everywhere.

But bags at Miami? Listen to people that actually know. There’s no system in place. In ACC football, it’s pretty much Clemson and FSU. Not sure about Louisville.
Fair enough......we need better boosters so they can boost our recruiting. I agree with what u said.....clemson and fsu do alot more. If it was a level field we would clean up. People say college kids should get paid like if that will fix the dirty programs....they will still pay for recruits.

Fair enough......we need better boosters so they can boost our recruiting. I agree with what u said.....clemson and fsu do alot more. If it was a level field we would clean up. People say college kids should get paid like if that will fix the dirty programs....they will still pay for recruits.

Miami might not have the system in place to match other schools, but everyone is playing the same game.

Let’s not pretend Miami only gets the kids that can’t be bought, and all the other kids, who don’t choose Miami, and their families are just low life people who can’t turn down a couple of bucks.

Some of y’all are way too pretentious about This U ... A program that was, literally, built on the back of PEDs and “bags” in the 80’s.

But now Miami is above those things?!?

I guess FSU is too? And that’s why Jimbo left for TAMU and the SEC.

SMH ...

Miami might not have the system in place to match other schools, but everyone is playing the same game.

Let’s not pretend Miami only gets the kids that can’t be bought, and all the other kids, who don’t choose Miami, and their families are just low life people who can’t turn down a couple of bucks.

Some of y’all are way too pretentious about This U ... A program that was, literally, built on the back of PEDs and “bags” in the 80’s.

But now Miami is above those things?!?

I guess FSU is too? And that’s why Jimbo left for TAMU and the SEC.

SMH ...

You have no idea what you’re talking about. None.

Bags and bounties are not the same thing.

Also, not every kid at other schools get bags. Only certain kids. Not every 5 Star Bama kid gets a bag. That’s not even how it works.

And it’s not about pretentiousness, it’s about facts and knowing what the fūck is going on at Miami now, not about what you think you know from thirty years ago.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. None.

Bags and bounties are not the same thing.

Also, not every kid at other schools get bags. Only certain kids. Not every 5 Star Bama kid gets a bag. That’s not even how it works.

And it’s not about pretentiousness, it’s about facts and knowing what the fūck is going on at Miami now, not about what you think you know from thirty years ago.

I know kids being recruited right now and in the last few cycles.

Everybody is playing the same game.

And I promise you, I have a full understanding of the difference between “bags” and bounties ...

As I stated ... Miami may not have the system of other programs, but they play the same game.

You are the one who knows absolutely nothing about this subject. Being a UM grad doesn’t make you the authority on all things UM.

You’re not a former player. Not a former coach. No ties to any players or recruits.

You’re a fan on a message board who happens to be an alum. And you have an opinion ... Just like everyone else on the board. But your opinions, no matter how much you believe them to be true, don’t have to be fact.

Advertisement
How about we stop having this conversation about UM. It's not necessary.

Yeah, it never ceases to amaze me how folks drag a program they claim to love into these conversations about dropping bags and
breaking rules.
idots.

Advertisement
Yeah, it never ceases to amaze me how folks drag a program they claim to love into these conversations about dropping bags and
breaking rules.
idots.

Look at who’s saying what and that will identify for you who the complete morons are. Just stupid as fūck comments people make so they can beat their chests and pretend like they know something when they have no fūcking idea...and if they actually did know, they’d be smart and wouldn’t say, which proves again they have no fūcking earthly idea.

Lol

How about EVERYONE stop using the “bags” excuse for why Miami misses on players or can’t compete at the highest level, and leave the blame where it belongs?

The board of directors and administration for the school went cheap with coaching hires and facilities for too long.

Now, that’s changing and the program is back in contention.

TAMU has facilities that rival any in the country. They are better than what FSU has, but FSU is the better program.

TAMU wants to compete at a higher level, and they made the coaching hire they believe will get them over the hump.

How successful Jimbo is will hinge on his QB selection and development ... Just like most programs. Texas produces a lot a good QBs ...

How many championships has the state of Texas produced this side of WWII?

No sane or intelligent person on this planet does not believe that Texas is a mecca for great high school football players. Of course, CIS also seems too be a mecca for clueless posters, you being a shining example.

"Seventy percent of the country’s four and five-star recruits over the last five years have been clustered in 10 states. Texas, Florida, and California produce more of those star recruits than any other states by a wide margin."

Advertisement
Back