Jimbo Fisher and the ACC

Earnest T. Bass

Sophomore
"My thought was that we wouldn't be able to get Jimbo Fisher," said David Coolidge, a prominent Houston-based Aggies booster. "He's been successful. He's well established. Why would he leave Florida State?"

Texas A&M athletic director, Scott Woodward recently provided part of the answer: "I'm not going to put words in Jimbo's mouth, but there are resource issues in the ACC versus the SEC."

Advertisement
"My thought was that we wouldn't be able to get Jimbo Fisher," said David Coolidge, a prominent Houston-based Aggies booster. "He's been successful. He's well established. Why would he leave Florida State?"

Texas A&M athletic director, Scott Woodward recently provided part of the answer: "I'm not going to put words in Jimbo's mouth, but there are resource issues in the ACC versus the SEC."
One possible translation: All SEC schools have a "Bags R Us" outlet in every location. The ACC doesn't.

Jesus, that’s one step removed from coming out and saying “our bags are bigger”

That's an odd comment. One would think that a coach would be concerned about his schools "resources" not necessarily the conference as a whole.
It became public knowledge that Jimbo wanted things that FSU was not willing to give as far a facilities go.

Advertisement
That's an odd comment. One would think that a coach would be concerned about his schools "resources" not necessarily the conference as a whole.
It became public knowledge that Jimbo wanted things that FSU was not willing to give as far a facilities go.

They have a state of the art indoor practice facility. What facilities are FSU lacking? This is nonsense. Perhaps he wants greater involvement of the boosters. Wink, wink. Or maybe this is all an excuse because since his national title in 2013, Florida State has been on a steady decline until they collapsed last year. Fisher would be best serviced to just shut up. He'll be fired within 4 years. They didn't bring him to College Station to finish 4th every year in the division.

They have a state of the art indoor practice facility. What facilities are FSU lacking? This is nonsense. Perhaps he wants greater involvement of the boosters. Wink, wink. Or maybe this is all an excuse because since his national title in 2013, Florida State has been on a steady decline until they collapsed last year. Fisher would be best serviced to just shut up. He'll be fired within 4 years. They didn't bring him to College Station to finish 4th every year in the division.

Pretty clever way for an AD to take a shot at an entire conference that many claim is creeping up or on par with yours. Cast a little doubt out there to the kids.

I live in Tallahassee. The rift was something like Jimbo wanted boosters money separated from AD approval.

I take that as he wanted one of these UGA foundation type things that the AD didn’t have to really monitor.

Aka..."Sometimes, son, you just have to pull it out and let them see what you are work'n with.........you gon learn today"

Advertisement
I live in Tallahassee. The rift was something like Jimbo wanted boosters money separated from AD approval.

I take that as he wanted one of these UGA foundation type things that the AD didn’t have to really monitor.
I grew up in the area and unfortunately, you are correct. Equally, as unfortunate, I have a lot of family members that graduated from that **** hole, in which they donate a lot of money back to the university, especially for athletics. For years, Jimbo was trying to get this done. He thought that he was on the right path, until Wilcox got hired as the AD and shut that **** down immediately.

Oh, btw: f'uck those family members. Lol

The business of college football is out of hand. Texas A&M offered LSU's DC Dave Aranda close to 8 million for four years and guess what...LSU gave Aranda a 4 year 10 million dollar GUARANTEED contract (for you amateurs here that think assistants don't get multi year contracts) So A&M goes and gets. Elko, ND's DC at 1.8 guaranteed. **** A&M just took Oklahoma's S&C coach at $800,000 a year. Our DC doesn't make 800K. Look at Bama, they have a 20 million dollar coaching payroll. There are about 20 assistants that make over 1 million a year. The NCAA has $500,000,000. in the bank, it's not amateur athletics anymore, only for the players.

Advertisement
Cuckbo also butted heads with the head of their boosters. He kept asking for more and more and they finally said enough and he bolted.

fsu has historically been very cheap on several fronts when it comes to athletics. This is no surprise

I grew up in the area and unfortunately, you are correct. Equally, as unfortunate, I have a lot of family members that graduated from that **** hole, in which they donate a lot of money back to the university, especially for athletics. For years, Jimbo was trying to get this done. He thought that he was on the right path, until Wilcox got hired as the AD and shut that **** down immediately.

Oh, btw: f'uck those family members. Lol
Oh BTW, you forgot to mention the 70 million A&M gave Jimbo!

The business of college football is out of hand. Texas A&M offered LSU's DC Dave Aranda close to 8 million for four years and guess what...LSU gave Aranda a 4 year 10 million dollar GUARANTEED contract (for you amateurs here that think assistants don't get multi year contracts) So A&M goes and gets. Elko, ND's DC at 1.8 guaranteed. **** A&M just took Oklahoma's S&C coach at $800,000 a year. Our DC doesn't make 800K. Look at Bama, they have a 20 million dollar coaching payroll. There are about 20 assistants that make over 1 million a year. The NCAA has $500,000,000. in the bank, it's not amateur athletics anymore, only for the players.

And only about 5 schools get value out of the salary escalation. As a matter of fact, if these programs weren't giving key kids extra "benefits" after they enrolled into the program, then the difference in coaching won't be that apparent. Yes, you need to be competently coached, but it is always about the "Jimmy's and the Joe's". A lot of very good defensive coordinators that are making a third of what Aranda makes. It is insane.

Advertisement
And only about 5 schools get value out of the salary escalation. As a matter of fact, if these programs weren't giving key kids extra "benefits" after they enrolled into the program, then the difference in coaching won't be that apparent. Yes, you need to be competently coached, but it is always about the "Jimmy's and the Joe's". A lot of very good defensive coordinators that are making a third of what Aranda makes. It is insane.
You get it Pentagon! And Miami has to find those young guys that can coach, keep them as long as possible, and know someone is going to offer a lot more money. It's a big business, saw it with the Stoops boys here. When Coker left, Bob Stoops showed some interest in Miami, the dollars just weren't there.

You get it Pentagon! And Miami has to find those young guys that can coach, keep them as long as possible, and know someone is going to offer a lot more money. It's a big business, saw it with the Stoops boys here. When Coker left, Bob Stoops showed some interest in Miami, the dollars just weren't there.

Alabama keeps changing out coordinators like candy out of a Pez dispenser. They've gone from 4-3 to 3-4 back to 4-3 hybrid.

Alabama keeps changing out coordinators like candy out of a Pez dispenser. They've gone from 4-3 to 3-4 back to 4-3 hybrid.
Alabama is in a league of their own when it comes to coaches and dollars. ****, the boosters paid off Coach Nick's house a few years back and we are having trouble getting a few bucks to complete the IPF. It's not even close and folks on here get "mad" at Coach Kool for taking a much better opportunity for him and his family. Some here take this personal!

All SEC schools have a "Bags R Us" outlet in every location. The ACC doesn't.

34t5r0k.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back