Jimbo Fisher and the ACC

Alabama is in a league of their own when it comes to coaches and dollars. ****, the boosters paid off Coach Nick's house a few years back and we are having trouble getting a few bucks to complete the IPF. It's not even close and folks on here get "mad" at Coach Kool for taking a much better opportunity for him and his family. Some here take this personal!
I don't know who you are, but you definitely come across as an Alabama/Saban slurper. 7/11 that **** up, guy. 7/11 away!

Advertisement
Alabama is in a league of their own when it comes to coaches and dollars. ****, the boosters paid off Coach Nick's house a few years back and we are having trouble getting a few bucks to complete the IPF. It's not even close and folks on here get "mad" at Coach Kool for taking a much better opportunity for him and his family. Some here take this personal!

True. The guy Kuligowski replaced was making at least $200K less than what Kuligowski made at Miami. I'm sure he got a bump, but my opinion is Kuligowski leaving Miami was mutually agreed to arrangement. He was semi-autonomous at Miami and his recruiting results were abysmal. Kuligowski will be in the NFL after next season or the year after anyway.

I don't know who you are, but you definitely come across as an Alabama/Saban slurper. 7/11 that **** up, guy. 7/11 away!
No, I'm a realist and not a UM homer although I was going to games at the OB before you were born. Saban is the most successful college football coach in modern times and I give credit to them for what they have accomplished. My point is the money involved creates an uneven playing field.

True. The guy Kuligowski replaced was making at least $200K less than what Kuligowski made at Miami. I'm sure he got a bump, but my opinion is Kuligowski leaving Miami was mutually agreed to arrangement. He was semi-autonomous at Miami and his recruiting results were abysmal. Kuligowski will be in the NFL after next season or the year after anyway.
If Kool leaving was mutual and Richt wanted KP, that ship sailed last week. It's hard to part ways with one of the best in the business. If Saban wants him that's good enough for me!

FOH; he left b/c he saw the writing on the wall...Miami was re-claiming the State of Florida, and the days of him taking advantage of Randy Shannon and Golden were over! Do we not remember how heated he was that Golden was fired? That B.A.N was about to be exposed. He took the money and bounced to a school that has 0 rep as a powerhouse.

Advertisement
FOH; he left b/c he saw the writing on the wall...Miami was re-claiming the State of Florida, and the days of him taking advantage of Randy Shannon and Golden were over! Do we not remember how heated he was that Golden was fired? That B.A.N was about to be exposed. He took the money and bounced to a school that has 0 rep as a powerhouse.
There were 70 million reasons!

If Kool leaving was mutual and Richt wanted KP, that ship sailed last week. It's hard to part ways with one of the best in the business. If Saban wants him that's good enough for me!

We will see how this shakes out, but I wouldn't mark Kevin off just yet. We'd be more than fine with Charlie Partridge as Kuligowski's replacement and I would view it as an upgrade and a much better fit for Miami. Recruiting is a key component of being an outstanding position coach. Lots of very proficient technicians at the Division I level.

They can suck it, They are still gonna be the 3rd or 4th best team in Texas, let alone the SEC

They have top 10 classes almost every year, usually in the top 5. They get the players. It's an admin/vision issue not a resource issue. FSU football pulls in plenty of money to pay top staff and facilities.

Advertisement
College football needs miami bad, we are the ones that can stop the arrogance in that conference.

Pretty clever way for an AD to take a shot at an entire conference that many claim is creeping up or on par with yours. Cast a little doubt out there to the kids.

that is my take on it. It was well publicized that Jimbo and FSU's president may have had differences on how school resources were being allocated in regards to the football program; but that is a school issue not a conference issue.

Advertisement
Not an Fsu fan or jimbo fan .. But I hope jimbo does decent just to show how petty Fsu was .. I mean coaches like that just don't come around often

Jimbos going to see what its like without Florida talent

Texas is also fertile ground for topflight high school football players. Additionally, Jimbo will snag a few 4 and 5 star Florida kids and will also, due to his new locale, sign some quality West Coast high schoolers. By the way...I think Mark Richt is ten times better than Jimbo Fisher...in every possible way!

Advertisement
Texas is also fertile ground for topflight high school football players. Additionally, Jimbo will snag a few 4 and 5 star Florida kids and will also, due to his new locale, sign some quality West Coast high schoolers. By the way...I think Mark Richt is ten times better than Jimbo Fisher...in every possible way!

When was the last time Texas talent won anything? I also don’t see Florida kids going out to College Station Texas.

The business of college football is out of hand. Texas A&M offered LSU's DC Dave Aranda close to 8 million for four years and guess what...LSU gave Aranda a 4 year 10 million dollar GUARANTEED contract (for you amateurs here that think assistants don't get multi year contracts) So A&M goes and gets. Elko, ND's DC at 1.8 guaranteed. **** A&M just took Oklahoma's S&C coach at $800,000 a year. Our DC doesn't make 800K. Look at Bama, they have a 20 million dollar coaching payroll. There are about 20 assistants that make over 1 million a year. The NCAA has $500,000,000. in the bank, it's not amateur athletics anymore, only for the players.

.......and UM.

When was the last time Texas talent won anything? I also don’t see Florida kids going out to College Station Texas.

Yeah, you're right...Texas is not a hotbed of great high school football players. And before I forget, Florida colleges haven't won anything in recent years, which also means, using your thinking, there is no talent in the sunshine state. Additionally, you not believing even a few quality Florida players will go to College Station with Jimbo now at the helm...I would gladly take that bet!!

One more thing...Jashaun Corbin and Charles Strong, both Florida players, joined Jimbo's first recruiting class...they apparently found College Station on a map...maybe they could help you do the same.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back