Jimbo Fisher and impact of impending Texas offer......

What wasnt accurate? I never mentioned those rumors, which are just that rumors. Obviously because we are Canes its much easier to believe negative rumors that help our cause, but they are what they are only rumors. On top of that, what I do remember from those rumors was that Jimbo was the one instigating the friction, not the administration. The rumors were that Jimbo was very demanding and kinda a ****(the rumor sounds like total BS, similar to the Golden cant wait to bounce), well at this point what is FSU to do but fold to his demands? Not put up a fight to keep him, because he acted a ****? Its all about money and wins, and FSU is rolling right, even if the rumor was true they have no choice but to succumb to his demands. Could you imagine the uproar if FSU just let Jimbo go right now because he was being a ****?

Saying that FSU could pay more is inaccurate....and also, now it matters who instigates the friction? Either way, he hasn't been happy with how FSU has handled assistant salaries. That's not something he'd have a problem with at Texas.

Once again its just a rumor, outside of message board chatter on here, have you ever seen this come up anywhere else, have you heard it from a Nole? Also ask yourself this question, but please take the orange and green glasses off. If you were Jimbo right now, would you jump ship? To me the answer is a resounding no.

Yes, I've heard from tons of Noles including the admins on Warchant where I lurk. It has been discussed over there like our defense is here.

Fine, but c'mon. That is like a Nole saying something is gospel about us because he heard Ferman say it....
Still do you really believe that Jimbo leaves? I think this is just major wishful thinking by some of our posters

Frankly, I don't give a **** if he goes or stays....all I want is for the doubt to be out there. He gave a "I'm only talking about the game" quote when asked about it....when Myer and Malzhan flat out said not interested. We'll see...this guy isn't some FSU lifer or anything.

Also, the admins on Warchant are more competent than Ferman (not saying much)... The whole assistant issue was huge last year when they lost something like 5 assistants. It was a major topic on that board. There are legit issues with the admin and Jimbo.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is wish all wishful thinking. Jimbo already makes 4.1 mil, and while FSU doesn't have Texas money they can go higher than that. I already posted this once, but the homers on this site are forgetting g one other thing in all this, legacy. Jimbo might win it all this year and they will be the front runners next year. Plus he has a once in a lifetime prospect in Winston that he claims, why would he drop all that for what would really end up being 1.5 mil a year? I say that because FSU can offer more money if need be and they would have no choice. Jimbo goes to Texas n he has to start all over or he can stay with the machine he built. If this was Winston's last year, then it's a different story but it's not, and if the Noles win then it's not like there won't be other future lucrative jobs available, say a NFL job......

no one stays on top in the state of Florida forever. There is just too much competition. In Texas he will have first pick in recruits year after year. Each time a coach changes there is a bump in recruiting at the new school. If he is Texas' choice they will have the consensus #1 Class next year. More money for assistants. And regardless of the national perception the Big12 is easier for Texas to win every year than the ACC is for FSU to win every year. OU is the only team capable of fielding a team with the caliber of athletic talent Texas can.

This is wish all wishful thinking. Jimbo already makes 4.1 mil, and while FSU doesn't have Texas money they can go higher than that. I already posted this once, but the homers on this site are forgetting g one other thing in all this, legacy. Jimbo might win it all this year and they will be the front runners next year. Plus he has a once in a lifetime prospect in Winston that he claims, why would he drop all that for what would really end up being 1.5 mil a year? I say that because FSU can offer more money if need be and they would have no choice. Jimbo goes to Texas n he has to start all over or he can stay with the machine he built. If this was Winston's last year, then it's a different story but it's not, and if the Noles win then it's not like there won't be other future lucrative jobs available, say a NFL job......

no one stays on top in the state of Florida forever. There is just too much competition. In Texas he will have first pick in recruits year after year. Each time a coach changes there is a bump in recruiting at the new school. If he is Texas' choice they will have the consensus #1 Class next year. More money for assistants. And regardless of the national perception the Big12 is easier for Texas to win every year than the ACC is for FSU to win every year. OU is the only team capable of fielding a team with the caliber of athletic talent Texas can.

Only part I have exception is the last two sentences. No one can compete with Texas outside OU, if Texas is at the top of their game true, but the same can be said about FSU and the ACC. Nobody outside of Miami can put together the athletes FSU can if they are rolling. Clemson has had the best two years in decades and they still got owned by FSU.

charlie strong takes that UT gig before Jimbo does...i dont see him leaving fsu..with Winston and his sick son..especially not if they win nc.

Did someone say or imply that FSU could match Tejas in a bidding war?

That's an idiotic idea.

Advertisement
charlie strong takes that UT gig before Jimbo does...i dont see him leaving fsu..with Winston and his sick son..especially not if they win nc.

If Jimbo stays it's not because of Winston. Winston is there for 1 more year. That is a short sighted approach to things. This decision will be based on his family of course. And where he thinks he has the brightest future for the next 10 years not 1 year....and a black head coach at U of Texas...you funny

You are retarded. Texas has money but 8mil for a coach with out a title? **** Jimbo=Mack Brown. Both need a elite once in a decade QB to even make the game. Both lose stupid games every year unless they have said QB. I promise you they won't go over 5.5m.

Also what are these "documented issues"? Jimbo has a kid with some disease and their charity and its board is 100% FSU boosters.

He isn't leaving, you can pray he does but I want Golden to beat him.

If Texas replaced its legendary AD and a legendary Coach and hired a committee that only Texas can afford to pick the school. I am going to say they will get whoever they want and that includes Saben.

If Texas is smart they will go with Art Briles. Texas wont' be on top unless they recruit Texas and Miami wont' be Miami if we dont' recruit South Florida.

As a Cane fan, I really hope Jimbo stays. The alternatives that some insane recruiters that already have deep roots in Miami. I rather face Jimbo vs Kirby. Without Winston, FSu would of been a 2 loss team this year.

Advertisement
You are retarded. Texas has money but 8mil for a coach with out a title? **** Jimbo=Mack Brown. Both need a elite once in a decade QB to even make the game. Both lose stupid games every year unless they have said QB. I promise you they won't go over 5.5m.

Also what are these "documented issues"? Jimbo has a kid with some disease and their charity and its board is 100% FSU boosters.

He isn't leaving, you can pray he does but I want Golden to beat him.

Did you just call Colt McCoy an elite, once in a decade QB?

Also Stoops as HC made you lose all credibility. The guy sucked and FSU fans are happy he left.

I saw what you did there. But he made the game with McCoy too.

As much as they hate him now , Tejas fans were pretty smitten with Mack for about ten years, and head over heels *** for him for about five. He ressurected that program from irrelevance. He built it into the financial beast it is today. Whoever they hire better have his **** together.

I don't think it's Jimbo, but that would be fine by me.

Advertisement

this. i doubt he leaves now. he will ride out the Winston train

I dont see Fisher leaving, he seems happy at FSU.. I do think Texas should just offer the job to James Franklin

Advertisement
IMO, if january hits and Texas hasn't hired anyone, then Jimbo is most likely their guy. I don't think that affects recruiting much IMO. FSU would probably go after Charlie Strong or Kirby Smart and they would probably be able to hold on to each and every recruit.

Everybody as FSU is happy with Fisher, until Jameis leaves and they're back to choking like dogs against Wake, NCState, and Virginia

Did someone say or imply that FSU could match Tejas in a bidding war?

That's an idiotic idea.

See that isn't entirely true, Bowden proved you could have long periods of being elite in the state. Yes we got em good a bunch of times but FSU was a perrenial top 5 program for almost two decades.

Advertisement
Back