Jimbo Fisher and impact of impending Texas offer......

First off school in Tallahassee starts on the 6th if he announces for FSU he gone. 2nd Lane is probably bama bound (no inside I just don't see him following Dalvin again) TR is announcing at the AU game also there are not many IF any that change their decision with only a month left 3rd jumbo isn't a "players" coach people see the product on the field and they want to come. I would hate to see dumbo in Texas pitch one of the most prestigious universities in America to Sofla kids but it does help us this year but in the future not so much with another hand in the pot

Advertisement
Think Jimbo would be nuts to leave F$U, but Texas has that money to throw around. I would be interested to know what his buyout would be to get out of his new deal.

Opportunities like this do not come up very often. I think he'd be nuts not to leave if this one comes his way. Buy low and sell high. Jimbo is in the perfect place to sell as high has he can right now and bag near double what he's making, going to a school that already dominates recruiting a fertile recruiting ground. He'd also be at a world-class facility that has the best of everything for his family.

I'm sure we will all be patiently watching to see what happens in the wee hours of January 7th (the day after the national championship game. That is the day that many expect Texas to publicly offer Jimbo Fisher a MONSTER deal.

There are two reasons Jimbo will leave....

1. MONEY.....Texas will offer him 7.5 - 8.0 million a year matching Sabans deal. While Jimbo doesn't have the resume, he might be the hottest coach in American right now. FSU can't come close to matching that. It's double what he was recently given in his extension.

2. Well documented issues with the FSU administration.

I would be shocked if Jimbo is not the next head coach at Texas.

Dalvin Cook is announcing on January 2. I expect him to announce for FSU unless there are clear signs Jimbo is leaving before the game. Regardless of what he announces on Jan 2.....there will be a few weeks before he has to enroll.

This will also impact JC Jackson and Travis Rudolph who we battling FSU for.

We might be on the benefiting side of a coaching flip for once. FSU does not have an assistant they can promote to HC. I expect them to go after Kentucky Stoops if Jimbo bounces. Also watch out for Cristobal.

Why go after Stoops when the defense got better under Jeremy Pruitt? I expect them to offer Kirby Smart if Jimbo leaves.

Not elite....take off your orange and green glasses pal.

He has a 44-10 record in his first stint as a head coach and is getting better every year.

The guy is playing for a national title, his last 2 QB's (Ponder and Manuel) were first rounders, his current QB would be the #1 pick if he were eligible and just won the Heisman, he had the most players drafted last year, etc.

Are you kidding me? He is the 2nd best HC in the nation short of Saban.

If Jimbo isn't "elite"...who is?

I think Jimbo is a good coach, but Texas is acting like he's Elite, he is a very good recruiter but good not great coach...he's living off that Jamies Gravy Train right now

Couldn't agree more with OP as mich as we clowened on jimbo he's turned that ship stuck in mud at FSU around and made it a winner doing big things hate to admit it but him leaving might help us even the playing field

That's just his QBs at FSU the 2 before than were Matt Flynn and Jamarcus Russell. Dude is a QB whiz.

He has a 44-10 record in his first stint as a head coach and is getting better every year.

The guy is playing for a national title, his last 2 QB's (Ponder and Manuel) were first rounders, his current QB would be the #1 pick if he were eligible and just won the Heisman, he had the most players drafted last year, etc.

I think Jimbo is a good coach, but Texas is acting like he's Elite, he is a very good recruiter but good not great coach...he's living off that Jamies Gravy Train right now

Couldn't agree more with OP as mich as we clowened on jimbo he's turned that ship stuck in mud at FSU around and made it a winner doing big things hate to admit it but him leaving might help us even the playing field

That's just his QBs at FSU the 2 before than were Matt Flynn and Jamarcus Russell. Dude is a QB whiz.

impressive. 5 straight QBs in the NFL, 4 of them first rounders, 2 1st overalls. Wow

Advertisement

I didn't know that. So if you want to be a failed NFL QB ou go with Jimbo. Well, at less 3 out of 4 so far. Then again, he gets them drafted high.

I didn't know that. So if you want to be a failed NFL QB ou go with Jimbo. Well, at less 3 out of 4 so far. Then again, he gets them drafted high.

We haven't had an NFL QB in a decade.

FSU has wanted to be Bama south since Saban has been there. I would expect Smart to be their top choice also. If not him, some other SEC guy since they're always talkin about how they want to be like an SEC team.

If it lands us Cook then I'm all for it. I'm sure Smart is a good recruiter but he won't have time to get to Cook since he's an EE.

This is wish all wishful thinking. Jimbo already makes 4.1 mil, and while FSU doesn't have Texas money they can go higher than that. I already posted this once, but the homers on this site are forgetting g one other thing in all this, legacy. Jimbo might win it all this year and they will be the front runners next year. Plus he has a once in a lifetime prospect in Winston that he claims, why would he drop all that for what would really end up being 1.5 mil a year? I say that because FSU can offer more money if need be and they would have no choice. Jimbo goes to Texas n he has to start all over or he can stay with the machine he built. If this was Winston's last year, then it's a different story but it's not, and if the Noles win then it's not like there won't be other future lucrative jobs available, say a NFL job......

Advertisement
Ill go on record right now and say that Cook, Lane and Rudolph go to FSU even if Jimbo Fisher leaves.

I honestly dont think Cook is going there primarily because of Jimbo. I think the kid is being pushed to get out of town, and likes the idea of being "the man" and the feature star on an offense. Despite all the "Id love to play with Joe" stuff, like he has said many times, "its a business decision". I think his heart is here, but his head will lead him to FSU, and I dont think Jimbo leaving will change that.

+1

Noles won't be close to as good next year.

Their roster will be decimated for two years in a row. Next year is a rebuild for them.

This is wish all wishful thinking. Jimbo already makes 4.1 mil, and while FSU doesn't have Texas money they can go higher than that. I already posted this once, but the homers on this site are forgetting g one other thing in all this, legacy. Jimbo might win it all this year and they will be the front runners next year. Plus he has a once in a lifetime prospect in Winston that he claims, why would he drop all that for what would really end up being 1.5 mil a year? I say that because FSU can offer more money if need be and they would have no choice. Jimbo goes to Texas n he has to start all over or he can stay with the machine he built. If this was Winston's last year, then it's a different story but it's not, and if the Noles win then it's not like there won't be other future lucrative jobs available, say a NFL job......

This isn't accurate at all. Jimbo has had significant issues with the FSU administration regarding staff salaries. There has been a lot of friction there.

This isn't accurate at all. Jimbo has had significant issues with the FSU administration regarding staff salaries. There has been a lot of friction there.

What wasnt accurate? I never mentioned those rumors, which are just that rumors. Obviously because we are Canes its much easier to believe negative rumors that help our cause, but they are what they are only rumors. On top of that, what I do remember from those rumors was that Jimbo was the one instigating the friction, not the administration. The rumors were that Jimbo was very demanding and kinda a ****(the rumor sounds like total BS, similar to the Golden cant wait to bounce), well at this point what is FSU to do but fold to his demands? Not put up a fight to keep him, because he acted a ****? Its all about money and wins, and FSU is rolling right, even if the rumor was true they have no choice but to succumb to his demands. Could you imagine the uproar if FSU just let Jimbo go right now because he was being a ****?

Advertisement

What wasnt accurate? I never mentioned those rumors, which are just that rumors. Obviously because we are Canes its much easier to believe negative rumors that help our cause, but they are what they are only rumors. On top of that, what I do remember from those rumors was that Jimbo was the one instigating the friction, not the administration. The rumors were that Jimbo was very demanding and kinda a ****(the rumor sounds like total BS, similar to the Golden cant wait to bounce), well at this point what is FSU to do but fold to his demands? Not put up a fight to keep him, because he acted a ****? Its all about money and wins, and FSU is rolling right, even if the rumor was true they have no choice but to succumb to his demands. Could you imagine the uproar if FSU just let Jimbo go right now because he was being a ****?

Saying that FSU could pay more is inaccurate....and also, now it matters who instigates the friction? Either way, he hasn't been happy with how FSU has handled assistant salaries. That's not something he'd have a problem with at Texas.

Advertisement

Saying that FSU could pay more is inaccurate....and also, now it matters who instigates the friction? Either way, he hasn't been happy with how FSU has handled assistant salaries. That's not something he'd have a problem with at Texas.

Once again its just a rumor, outside of message board chatter on here, have you ever seen this come up anywhere else, have you heard it from a Nole? Also ask yourself this question, but please take the orange and green glasses off. If you were Jimbo right now, would you jump ship? To me the answer is a resounding no.

Once again its just a rumor, outside of message board chatter on here, have you ever seen this come up anywhere else, have you heard it from a Nole? Also ask yourself this question, but please take the orange and green glasses off. If you were Jimbo right now, would you jump ship? To me the answer is a resounding no.

Yes, I've heard from tons of Noles including the admins on Warchant where I lurk. It has been discussed over there like our defense is here.

Yes, I've heard from tons of Noles including the admins on Warchant where I lurk. It has been discussed over there like our defense is here.

Fine, but c'mon. That is like a Nole saying something is gospel about us because he heard Ferman say it....
Still do you really believe that Jimbo leaves? I think this is just major wishful thinking by some of our posters

Advertisement
Back