Jimbo Fisher and impact of impending Texas offer......

canesman

Junior
I'm sure we will all be patiently watching to see what happens in the wee hours of January 7th (the day after the national championship game. That is the day that many expect Texas to publicly offer Jimbo Fisher a MONSTER deal.

There are two reasons Jimbo will leave....

1. MONEY.....Texas will offer him 7.5 - 8.0 million a year matching Sabans deal. While Jimbo doesn't have the resume, he might be the hottest coach in American right now. FSU can't come close to matching that. It's double what he was recently given in his extension.

2. Well documented issues with the FSU administration.

I would be shocked if Jimbo is not the next head coach at Texas.

Dalvin Cook is announcing on January 2. I expect him to announce for FSU unless there are clear signs Jimbo is leaving before the game. Regardless of what he announces on Jan 2.....there will be a few weeks before he has to enroll.

This will also impact JC Jackson and Travis Rudolph who we battling FSU for.

We might be on the benefiting side of a coaching flip for once. FSU does not have an assistant they can promote to HC. I expect them to go after Kentucky Stoops if Jimbo bounces. Also watch out for Cristobal.

Advertisement
They could go after Stoops or promote Jeremy Pruitt or go after Kirby Smart..

Also, Texas currently has a 4.1 million dollar budget for assistant coaches.

FSU currently has a 2.8 million budget.

Texas could easily go to 5 million for his staff. That is a huge factor.

Advertisement
Mario is going to be getting a lot of interest with his new Bama pedigree, HC experience and S Florida recruiting ties.

There are no big openings at the moment.....but there will be.

Promoting Pruitt would likely save their class but be a very risky move. Guy was a HS coach 5 years ago.

He did a good job with FSU defense so far against terrible offenses and multiple 1st round picks.

Advertisement
I think Jimbo is a good coach, but Texas is acting like he's Elite, he is a very good recruiter but good not great coach...he's living off that Jamies Gravy Train right now

Not elite....take off your orange and green glasses pal.

He has a 44-10 record in his first stint as a head coach and is getting better every year.

The guy is playing for a national title, his last 2 QB's (Ponder and Manuel) were first rounders, his current QB would be the #1 pick if he were eligible and just won the Heisman, he had the most players drafted last year, etc.

Are you kidding me? He is the 2nd best HC in the nation short of Saban.

If Jimbo isn't "elite"...who is?

I think Jimbo is a good coach, but Texas is acting like he's Elite, he is a very good recruiter but good not great coach...he's living off that Jamies Gravy Train right now

Last edited:

He has a 44-10 record in his first stint as a head coach and is getting better every year.

The guy is playing for a national title, his last 2 QB's (Ponder and Manuel) were first rounders, his current QB would be the #1 pick if he were eligible and just won the Heisman, he had the most players drafted last year, etc.

One thing I hate about Canes fans is that they can't give credit where it is due. Yea a few years ago everyone loved to say Dumbo Fisher can't coach and all that, but obviously that is not the case. The guy is a **** of a coach and if he leaves to Texas that is good for UM.

Ill go on record right now and say that Cook, Lane and Rudolph go to FSU even if Jimbo Fisher leaves.

I honestly dont think Cook is going there primarily because of Jimbo. I think the kid is being pushed to get out of town, and likes the idea of being "the man" and the feature star on an offense. Despite all the "Id love to play with Joe" stuff, like he has said many times, "its a business decision". I think his heart is here, but his head will lead him to FSU, and I dont think Jimbo leaving will change that.

Advertisement
Promoting Pruitt would likely save their class but be a very risky move. Guy was a HS coach 5 years ago.

He did a good job with FSU defense so far against terrible offenses and multiple 1st round picks.

So was Malzahn. He turned out okay.

Taken a while for him to put his imprint on the program, but he's clearly done it. His resume is impeccable. Until he comes out and says he's not interested and won't he going, he's going. It's a much better job than FSU.

Advertisement

Irvin Maya

Think Jimbo would be nuts to leave F$U, but Texas has that money to throw around. I would be interested to know what his buyout would be to get out of his new deal.

Couldn't agree more with OP as mich as we clowened on jimbo he's turned that ship stuck in mud at FSU around and made it a winner doing big things hate to admit it but him leaving might help us even the playing field

Advertisement
Back