Jimbo Fisher and impact of impending Texas offer......

Ill go on record right now and say that Cook, Lane and Rudolph go to FSU even if Jimbo Fisher leaves.

I honestly dont think Cook is going there primarily because of Jimbo. I think the kid is being pushed to get out of town, and likes the idea of being "the man" and the feature star on an offense. Despite all the "Id love to play with Joe" stuff, like he has said many times, "its a business decision". I think his heart is here, but his head will lead him to FSU, and I dont think Jimbo leaving will change that.

What if they go to Texas?

Advertisement
Not elite....take off your orange and green glasses pal.

He has a 44-10 record in his first stint as a head coach and is getting better every year.

The guy is playing for a national title, his last 2 QB's (Ponder and Manuel) were first rounders, his current QB would be the #1 pick if he were eligible and just won the Heisman, he had the most players drafted last year, etc.

Are you kidding me? He is the 2nd best HC in the nation short of Saban.

If Jimbo isn't "elite"...who is?

I think Jimbo is a good coach, but Texas is acting like he's Elite, he is a very good recruiter but good not great coach...he's living off that Jamies Gravy Train right now

Put me in the group that thinks he is not elite. I could be wrong. I don't think so though. His teams over the last 5 yrs have been as telented or more so than anyone they have played yet every year they have under achieved to some extent. This year he stumbles upon a prodigy QB and that is the only reason he has had the success this year. If he stays at FSU, he will have one more really good year with Winston and then it will be back to above average but nothing spectacular.

Is he taking Winston with him?

Great talent, strong D, Ponder - first round pick - FSU chokes - Dumbo Fisher - FSU please keep him
Great talent, strong D, Manuel - first round pick - FSU chokes - Dumbo Fisher - FSU please keep him

Great talent, rebuilt but strong D, Winston is all world - King Jimbo Lombardi Walsh Ditka .... Fisher the 1st of Tallahassee - Texas please please please take him from FSU!!!!

He has rebuilt that program in a great direction, but before this year people would argue he was a corch for wasting loads of talent. The positive I see in him leaving is dysfunction for EE and the last month of recruiting, which given the players involved could be huge. Otherwise. Meh.

Noles won't be close to as good next year.

Their roster will be decimated for two years in a row. Next year is a rebuild for them.

FSU will probably be better next year. 1 Offensive player who started is a sr. If their LT goes, hey jus signed sure fire replacement for him. Benjamin if he goes that will hurt some, but can be replaced. On defense I think they lose 1 Safety and Joyner. Both Lber are seniors, but they have a slew of good young talent to replace them. LBEr and Defensive backs, they have as much talent coming back and coming in as anyone in the country. The main loss inn defensive could be Jernigan if he leaves early. he is an absolute man child. He is what we need.

I hate to say this, but Fisher is going to come back, and he has that team on a roll. I do not see an end to it fr quite some time. And if they beat Auburn, more kids will want to go there than they do now. Unless we get a stud coach and staff here, we will be playing catch up to the Noles.

We would died to have a coach like Jimbo down here. We have the cheerleader, and they have a real coach.

Advertisement
If Texas replaced its legendary AD and a legendary Coach and hired a committee that only Texas can afford to pick the school. I am going to say they will get whoever they want and that includes Saben.

If Texas is smart they will go with Art Briles. Texas wont' be on top unless they recruit Texas and Miami wont' be Miami if we dont' recruit South Florida.

As a Cane fan, I really hope Jimbo stays. The alternatives that some insane recruiters that already have deep roots in Miami. I rather face Jimbo vs Kirby. Without Winston, FSu would of been a 2 loss team this year.

Who would he lose to this year?

Is he taking Winston with him?

Great talent, strong D, Ponder - first round pick - FSU chokes - Dumbo Fisher - FSU please keep him
Great talent, strong D, Manuel - first round pick - FSU chokes - Dumbo Fisher - FSU please keep him

Great talent, rebuilt but strong D, Winston is all world - King Jimbo Lombardi Walsh Ditka .... Fisher the 1st of Tallahassee - Texas please please please take him from FSU!!!!

He has rebuilt that program in a great direction, but before this year people would argue he was a corch for wasting loads of talent. The positive I see in him leaving is dysfunction for EE and the last month of recruiting, which given the players involved could be huge. Otherwise. Meh.

I dont think anyone can question his recruiting prowess, but we have made fun of JF every year for his coaching skills. This year, he has a once in a generation player. Lets see how he does when JW leaves. Even Coker won an MNC.

Advertisement
I was worried about him when they hired him. Has been under some of the best coaches in college, and likes the big physical players. These kids on the team now are the kids he wanted,not old man Bowdens anymore. I wish we would have had the foresight t get him before FSU got him.

Noles won't be close to as good next year.

Their roster will be decimated for two years in a row. Next year is a rebuild for them.

FSU is likely pre-season number 1 next year. To say they will be rebuilding when they return Winston, Karlos Williams, Greene, O'Leary, Matias, Jackson, Hart, Edwards, Goldman, Darby, PJ Williams, Nate Andrews, Jalen Ramsey, Freeman, etc seems like wishful thinking. And even if some of those guys leave early, there is a bunch of talent that has played well as backups that are ready for full time work.

Why do people continue to say Cook, Lane, and Rudolph to Florida State? I dont get it. Anyway, wouldn't surprise me if he goes. Jimbo didn't exactly deny the fact he had been contacted by Texas. He responded by saying he was focused on the national championship. He also did not sign his contract extension from what I understand.... only gave a verbal agreement.

Advertisement
Might be all about the money, sounds like twice as much per year, lot of dough so you just never know.

im very impressed by pruitt

whatever happened to the days where talent transcended the coaches like we did down here..when did the coaches become more important than the talent?

No way Fisher is near the top of Texas' list. Throwing his name out, though, likely means a few dollars in his new contract.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back