Jim L'sarranaga

the number of people who think blake james is just going to go out and find a better coach than L is really funny to me. you guys really believe it's that easy? for blake james? at miami? in basketball? the chance that we would get someone worse than L is extremely high. these threads are crazy to me.

Advertisement
the number of people who think blake james is just going to go out and find a better coach than L is really funny to me. you guys really believe it's that easy? for blake james? at miami? in basketball? the chance that we would get someone worse than L is extremely high. these threads are crazy to me.
You mean to be able to find a coach from a mid major like idk...um George Mason?

We could easily get a HC to coach Miami basketball...don't kid yourself.

You mean to be able to find a coach from a mid major like idk...um George Mason?

Lol Miami in its history has been good exactly two times under Hamilton and L. Don’t bet on striking gold again

Advertisement

1. You raised a different issue completely. Blake James is self-inflicted cancer. He should have never been hired. He should have been fired a long time ago. Of course he has no ***ing clue what to do. I think there is a good chance he would promote Caputo, as he has a history of doing the stupid, irrational and illogical.

2. [In general and ignoring Blake James] Coach L is 71. He can quit any day and for any reason. Let's assume he quit TODAY and discuss finding a better candidate than L. Which Coach L are we talking about? Are we talking about the Coach L from the first 5 years here? The one with Huger and Konkol. No. That will be very difficult to find in general, even with a competent AD. As for finding a coach better than the recent tenure under Coach L, it isn't that high of a bar. This isn't a hard to task, we just suck at it because we're Miami and we do things wrong.

Please note the names below are just examples of coaches. I am not saying I necessarily want them. Also, I am not including buyouts, I am just giving examples of coaches at certain pay ranges.

If Miami wants to go "cheap", there are plenty of affordable names that deserve a chance on a bigger stage in a real conference.

e.g. Chris Jans makes less than $1MM. Scott Nagy makes ~$500K.

If Miami wants to go "reasonable" and pay someone in line with the median salary of the ACC (similar to Coach L's salary), you have even a bigger pool of candidates. *See the numbers below*.

e.g. Steve Pikiell makes ~$1.7MM. John Brannen makes $1.5MM.

If Miami wants to go pay $3MM/year, which we can afford and would be the 30th highest paid coach in the NCAA, you have a tremendous pool of candidates.

At any data point, there are plenty of coaches too choose from that could easily out perform Coach's L recent tenure.

----------------------------

Looking at the data below (yes, I know there have been coaching changes e.g. Forbes for Manning), Coach L is 10th highest paid in the conference.

Last edited:

That isn’t what he is saying. He is saying that our admin would struggle at getting someone because they’re incompetent.

1. You raised a different issue completely. Blake James is self-inflicted cancer. He should have never been hired. He should have been fired a long time ago. Of course he has no ***ing clue what to do. I think there is a good chance he would promote Caputo, as he has a history of doing the stupid, irrational and illogical.

2. [In general and ignoring Blake James] Coach L is 71. He can quit any day and for any reason. Let's assume he quit TODAY and discuss finding a better candidate than L. Which Coach L are we talking about? Are we talking about the Coach L from the first 5 years here? The one with Huger and Konkol. No. That will be very difficult to find in general, even with a competent AD. As for finding a coach better than the recent tenure under Coach L, it isn't that high of a bar. This isn't a hard to task, we just suck at it because we're Miami and we do things wrong.

Please note the names below are just examples of coaches. I am not saying I necessarily want them. Also, I am not including buyouts, I am just giving examples of coaches at certain pay ranges.

If Miami wants to go "cheap", there are plenty of affordable names that deserve a chance on a bigger stage in a real conference.

If Miami wants to go "reasonable" and pay someone in line with the median salary of the ACC (similar to Coach L's salary), you have even a bigger pool of candidates. *See the numbers below*.

If Miami wants to go pay $3MM/year, which we can afford and would be the 30th highest paid coach in the NCAA, you can have a tremendous pool of candidates.

At any data point, there are plenty of coaches too choose from that could easily out perform Coach's L recent tenure.

Looking at the data below (yes, I know there have been coaching changes e.g. Forbes for Manning), Coach L is 10th highest paid in the conference.

You’ve been nailing it in every single post. Current burnt out L with a joke of staff will not be tough to replace. Early tenure with Konkel and Huger might

Advertisement
You’ve been nailing it in every single post. Current burnt out L with a joke of staff will not be tough to replace. Early tenure with Konkel and Huger might

This isn’t rocket science. In college basketball the mid-majors are breeding grounds for HCs. Many of them are drastically underpaid especially compared to what an average team from a power conference can offer.

But our admins are atrocious. It is like rocket science for them.

FSU is on another level for sure but their boosters have been pouring money into that program recently. it elevated their recruiting. ham has always been a good coach tho. I did like the class we brought in combined with some of our young talent, but everyone is hurt. sucks. also, seems like a bad year to really judge anyone. even duke is struggling
Duke lost to Michigan State and Illinois both legitimate Elite 8/Final 4 contenders. They will be just fine.

Advertisement
He was head coach of the University of Indianapolis women's b-ball team for 5 years. Had a winning record. Let's go!

It better be. Maybe he can suggest where Bennett can mail back his national title trophy.

Either:

1. That porster has no idea that Tony B is Tony Bennett.

or

2. That porster has other criteria by which they evaluate a coach. Said criteria doesn't include championships, conference championships and wins.

Advertisement

If Miami wants to go pay $3MM/year, which we can afford and would be the 30th highest paid coach in the NCAA, you have a tremendous pool of candidates.

if miami could find basketball coaches who could "easily out perform" coach L miami basketball would not be miami basketball. it's certainly possible; i would not call it likely. what has transpired this season given covid and injuries is basically irrelevant data to me. and the blake james point is not separate from who would/could be hired to replace L, since, you know, blake james would be the guy making the hire.

if miami could find basketball coaches who could "easily out perform" coach L miami basketball would not be miami basketball. it's certainly possible; i would not call it likely. what has transpired this season given covid and injuries is basically irrelevant data to me. and the blake james point is not separate from who would/could be hired to replace L, since, you know, blake james would be the guy making the hire.

I think you missed my points.

Advertisement
Back