Jim L'sarranaga

Advertisement
He's lucky the Board of Trustees and boosters aren't big on basketball, or they'd have shown him the door a long time ago. Coach L may be a nice guy, but this isn't a popularity contest. Worse part about all this is there doesn't seem to be an end in sight to the program's slide. This program has been on a down trend for 2-3 years now. Changes must be made.

He's lucky the Board of Trustees and boosters aren't big on basketball, or they'd have shown him the door a long time ago. Coach L may be a nice guy, but this isn't a popularity contest. Worse part about all this is there doesn't seem to be an end in sight to the program's slide. This program has been on a down trend for 2-3 years now. Changes must be made.
Yea no one cares about basketball at Miami

Advertisement
Advertisement
lackluster recruiting? really?
Outside of Bruce, Lonnie, and Dewan who all didn't progress here as players who have we landed that's NBA material?

Sure we've had some nice pieces, but FSU has been killing us the last couple years in the recruiting/wins/nba players drafted in 1st round column. And it wasn't long ago we were both equals.

Advertisement
Outside of Bruce, Lonnie, and Dewan who all didn't progress here as players who have we landed that's NBA material?

Sure we've had some nice pieces, but FSU has been killing us the last couple years in the recruiting/wins/nba players drafted in 1st round column. And it wasn't long ago we were both equals.

FSU is on another level for sure but their boosters have been pouring money into that program recently. it elevated their recruiting. ham has always been a good coach tho. I did like the class we brought in combined with some of our young talent, but everyone is hurt. sucks. also, seems like a bad year to really judge anyone. even duke is struggling

Three years running. This is what happens when you have 10 to 11 scholarship athletes. Hopefully, Jim is forced to resign after the season is over.

1. I don't understand how people fail to see the roster management issues that have been prevalent for a long time. This has been brought up numerous times (https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/some-l-comments-that-arent-great.158627/page-2#post-4562695) yet people act as if this is a freak thing.

2. I still don't get how he hasn't initiated one assistant coaching change based on what we've seen the last 3 years.

Advertisement
I don’t care about “boring”, I care about wins.

Do you think Tony B’s system is exciting?
I think he says boring because we can’t buy a bucket lol. I can’t even give this staff the credit to call this an offense. It isn’t. We have no system. We have no identity. I guess this year our man defense looks okay.

Beverly & Walker 5 for 16 FT vs Pitt !!!! 2 point FG shooting for team 30% and many shots were wide open tries. I don't see how we can blame this fully on coaching. I agree coaching pretty much sucks any more and wouldn't disagree with a change, but I'm not buying wasted or uncoached talent any more. Some of the guys just simply not in condition or not really gifted.

Advertisement
Back