CFB Jim Harbaugh interviewing with Vikings

Why can't he compete?

Are you saying Mario will leave for Bama in 5 years when Saban retires? (..."because Mario can't compete with Bama's bags")

You have to have hope...

Michigan is Michigan. From a funding standpoint, I can't see how they are not necessarily a "big dog".
They compete just fine. But I think he knows he’s probably peaked there. Selling high. Also have to consider he and other college coaches may not want to deal with portal and NIL and would rather work with adults.

Advertisement
Saw where his brother was gonna pluck his DC from him.

Meanwhile Ross doesn’t want to “ be the one to take Harbaugh from his beloved Michigan”
This is how it works. You leak he tried for another job so then you can say he was gonna leave Michigan anyway, then you take him.

Advertisement
When it comes to the Fins, if Ross screws up this hire, I am done until he sells the team. He has been an absolute abortion as an owner.

But if he is interviewing for Vikings and “seriously considering” them, is Ross taking him from Michigan or the Vikings? The narrative changes in that situation.

Ross doesn't want the other big Michigan boosters to be mad at him when Harbaugh leaves. So he'll need to say that Harbaugh wanted to go back to the NFL not that Ross went and made him an offer to leave.

Remember Michigan fans and boosters have a weird infatuation with him. Especially after this year when he finally beat OSU and got them to the playoffs

Ross doesn't want the other big Michigan boosters to be mad at him when Harbaugh leaves. So he'll need to say that Harbaugh wanted to go back to the NFL not that Ross went and made him an offer to leave.

Remember Michigan fans and boosters have a weird infatuation with him. Especially after this year when he finally beat OSU and got them to the playoffs
Totally agree which is why I thought that he will be the Fins to lose if he was considering NFL jobs. It is a benign way to pull him from Michigan given the comments that Ross made. Now Ross has a message to stand behind that he didn’t “poach” him but wouldn’t let him go to a competitor if he was already interested in leaving Michigan. So obvious is ridiculous.

Advertisement
Harbaugh is one of the biggest weirdos you'll ever come across. Just a really aloof guy.

Common sense would tell you he would give Ross a heads up if he were coming back to the NFl, which is exactly why I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't and just took another job without even contacting Ross (which in Harbaugh's defense, he has no obligation to).

DeMeco Ryans dropped his 2nd interview.
Seems like O'Connell /Harbaugh battle for the Vikings job

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back