CFB Jim Harbaugh interviewing with Vikings

Personally I’m indifferent on him. I wonder how much Zimmer handcuffed him and if it impacted his play. That being said he’s had Diggs, Thielen, Cook and now Jefferson and he’s been maybe a notch above average. Again I’m not sure how much Zimmer’s philosophy impacted that or the o-line issues lead to his struggles but he never did anything to elevate the guys around him. His best case is a wild card berth and maybe a win in the playoffs. But if he plays an aggressive defense he’s toast. He’s just not worth his price tag.
You summed it up very well here.

Advertisement
Ross cares more about Michigan than the team he owns. That’s the unfortunate truth…
on the surface that may be the intended narrative, but he owns the Dolphins and you can't get more invested than that. The Flores firing was suspect--to say the least--and i've been waiting for the second act..

How do you & the other Vikings fans on here feel about Kirk Cousins?

Do you guys think he’s the right guy to consistently lead yall to the playoffs?
Not a Vikings guy, but he’s good enough to get them to the playoffs every year. Not good enough IMO to win it though. That offense has way too much talent for them to be that bad. Zimmerman should’ve been gone before this year.

Advertisement
on the surface that may be the intended narrative, but he owns the Dolphins and you can't get more invested than that. The Flores firing was suspect--to say the least--and i've been waiting for the second act..
Yeah that new practice facility would suggest Ross is invested in the Dolphins plenty. Harbaugh already turned down Ross once. Ross caught **** for chasing him when Sparano was employed. Kinda like UM with Mario and Manny. Only difference Mario didn't say no. Billionaires aint used to being told no. He might not be that into chasing Harbaugh again.

LOL at the timing.

Didn't he JUST do something at Michigan?

I wonder if there is mutual interest to split at this point. He lost his DC to the same job for the Ravens.

If anything he realized he just peaked this year at Michigan—stole one from Ohio State, got the Playoffs and got boat-raced out of there. This was as good as it's gonna get and it ain't gonna be easy to replicate what he just did this year. Great time to get out of there.

Lol at Vikings fans in this thread. Ya’ll have been a notch better than us over the past decade. Lol.

Harbaugh takes over a sorry *** UCSD program & turns them into winners. Goes to Stanford, which was a doormat & turns them around in 3 yrs. Goes to SF, who was a laughing stock football franchise, & immediately has success including going to the SB. Goes to a UofM program whose fans & alum went to the AD’s home to protest b/c it was so bad there, & he immediately brings them to relevance.

Yet, u guys r saying it’s underwhelming?? Lol. After who? Childress?? Tice??! Lol…Zimmer??!! Lol. Man, tough crowd

ross said he’s not gonna be the one who takes harbaugh from Michigan

Last edited:
Advertisement
If anything he realized he just peaked this year at Michigan—stole one from Ohio State, got the Playoffs and got boat-raced out of there. This was as good as it's gonna get and it ain't gonna be easy to replicate what he just did this year. Great time to get out of there.
He knows this year was his best. He had the right DC and 2 high level d-ends who completely disrupted what teams could do and allowed Michigan to rush 4 and get great pressure. Harbaugh did not want to leave his alma mater looking like a bum so now he gets to say that he got Michigan into the playoffs and claim that they are “back” because of him.

Lol at Vikings fans in this thread. Ya’ll have been a notch better than us over the past decade. Lol.

Harbaugh takes over a sorry *** UCSD program & turns them into winners. Goes to Stanford, which was a doormat & turns them around in 3 yrs. Goes to SF, who was a laughing stock football franchise, & immediately has success including going to the SB. Goes to a UofM program whose fans & alum went to the AD’s home to protest b/c it was so bad there, & he immediately brings them to relevance.

Yet, u guys r saying it’s underwhelming?? Lol. After who? Childress?? Tice??! Lol…Zimmer??!! Lol. Man, tough crowd
My biggest worry is keeping Cousins. If Harbaugh is on board with getting rid of him and building under a new QB I’m all for it. I worry that Harbaugh isn’t going to want to wait and build around a young QB. If he is willing to go with a dynamic offensive scheme I’d be for it as well. After watching Zimmer I worry he won’t build the scheme around our best players.

Saw where his brother was gonna pluck his DC from him.

Meanwhile Ross doesn’t want to “ be the one to take Harbaugh from his beloved Michigan”
Suffering through another x seasons of disappointment as a Dolphins fan is a small price to pay to know tht Ross feels better about not taking Harbaugh.

My biggest worry is keeping Cousins. If Harbaugh is on board with getting rid of him and building under a new QB I’m all for it. I worry that Harbaugh isn’t going to want to wait and build around a young QB. If he is willing to go with a dynamic offensive scheme I’d be for it as well. After watching Zimmer I worry he won’t build the scheme around our best players.

I have no love for Cousins. **** cost me a FFB title. Lol.

Advertisement
Me too man. I rode JJ all year and that covid sh*t ruined me.

The only thing I will say regarding Harbaugh is w/ ur team as it’s currently constructed, it’s perfect for what Harbaugh runs. U have a top 5 RB in the NFL, a top 5 receiving option, a solid OL, solid defense outside of the 2ndary that needs to be cleaned up, and a game managing QB. Legit, under Harbaugh, u guys probably win 11 games ASAP as is.

The only thing I will say regarding Harbaugh is w/ ur team as it’s currently constructed, it’s perfect for what Harbaugh runs. U have a top 5 RB in the NFL, a top 5 receiving option, a solid OL, solid defense outside of the 2ndary that needs to be cleaned up, and a game managing QB. Legit, under Harbaugh, u guys probably win 11 games ASAP as is.
Personally I hope we move on from Cousins, collect some picks take a QB and sit him behind Mariota or mobile bridge QB. Then reevaluate the QB situation next season.

Advertisement
Personally I hope we move on from Cousins, collect some picks take a QB and sit him behind Mariota or mobile bridge QB. Then reevaluate the QB situation next season.

As a Bears fan, Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, I hope u keep him. Lol

Saw where his brother was gonna pluck his DC from him.

Meanwhile Ross doesn’t want to “ be the one to take Harbaugh from his beloved Michigan”
Fredo Corleone Godfather GIF

I couldn't agree more. FML. Underwhelming is an understatement. I hope he brings some good assistants if hired.
Are you guys serious? There are zero good, proven candidates. Dude went to a Super Bowl with Colin Kaepernick as his qb. Would take him in a second for the Fins but apparently Michigan is Ross’ favorite football team.

That new GM is too smart to keep Cousins.

Advertisement
Back