CFB Jim Harbaugh interviewing with Vikings

How do you & the other Vikings fans on here feel about Kirk Cousins?

Do you guys think he’s the right guy to consistently lead yall to the playoffs?
I don't truly Know that answer. He's not a terrible player, and it's not his fault either that they are way too inconsistent. Not having Theilen for the last month hurt them. KJ had a pretty good yr for a number 3. Cook needs to stay healthy for the yr too.

Advertisement
Lol at Vikings fans in this thread. Ya’ll have been a notch better than us over the past decade. Lol.

Harbaugh takes over a sorry *** UCSD program & turns them into winners. Goes to Stanford, which was a doormat & turns them around in 3 yrs. Goes to SF, who was a laughing stock football franchise, & immediately has success including going to the SB. Goes to a UofM program whose fans & alum went to the AD’s home to protest b/c it was so bad there, & he immediately brings them to relevance.

Yet, u guys r saying it’s underwhelming?? Lol. After who? Childress?? Tice??! Lol…Zimmer??!! Lol. Man, tough crowd
We just want a young up and comer. Need some new blood

Advertisement
****, didn't realize there were so many fellow Cane/Viking fans on here.

As for Cousins, bye Felicia. Guy will put up stats but he is not a leader. Burrow is only, what, 22yo and already 10x the leader. Not to mention his cap hit is $45m next year (thanks Spielman). Can't field a team with that and we really can't see us extending him. I think there's a good chance he's a Brown next season.

****, didn't realize there were so many fellow Cane/Viking fans on here.

As for Cousins, bye Felicia. Guy will put up stats but he is not a leader. Burrow is only, what, 22yo and already 10x the leader. Not to mention his cap hit is $45m next year (thanks Spielman). Can't field a team with that and we really can't see us extending him. I think there's a good chance he's a Brown next season.
Been going back and forth what if Baker came here for about $20mil/season, good take? Obviously he needs a fresh start. Maybe a 2 yr tryout. Better than $45 mil.🤷

Been going back and forth what if Baker came here for about $20mil/season, good take? Obviously he needs a fresh start. Maybe a 2 yr tryout. Better than $45 mil.🤷
Baker is in the last year of his deal, so it could be a one-year "let's see what you can do" deal. Harbaugh could potentially see him as his next Alex Smith project. Or Mond. People will laugh, but in a QB-starved league, someone will bite and give us a pick if they think Cousins is the missing piece. If we take Baker back, we should get a pick as well like Lions did taking back Goff. Cousins and Stafford weren't THAT different before the Rams entered the picture.

Problem is $10m is already dead on the contract, so we wouldn't clear the full $45m, only $35m. Personally, I'd try to just unload Cousins and then try to draft someone like Willis or tank for a stud next year (Young? TVD?). Also need to restructure/move Harrison, Kendricks, and/or Thielen. Awesome guys who are Vikings through and through, but they make too much. Spielman left us with too many huge contracts.

Advertisement
Baker is in the last year of his deal, so it could be a one-year "let's see what you can do" deal. Harbaugh could potentially see him as his next Alex Smith project. Or Mond. People will laugh, but in a QB-starved league, someone will bite and give us a pick if they think Cousins is the missing piece. If we take Baker back, we should get a pick as well like Lions did taking back Goff. Cousins and Stafford weren't THAT different before the Rams entered the picture.

Problem is $10m is already dead on the contract, so we wouldn't clear the full $45m, only $35m. Personally, I'd try to just unload Cousins and then try to draft someone like Willis or tank for a stud next year (Young? TVD?). Also need to restructure/move Harrison, Kendricks, and/or Thielen. Awesome guys who are Vikings through and through, but they make too much. Spielman left us with too many huge contracts.
I think Barr is definitely gone.

I think Barr is definitely gone.
Absolutely. He was completely a Zimmer guy. Only chance is if he took a massive salary cut, but I think it's best to move on. Should never have brought him back when had agreed to a deal with the Jets. Spielman had so many missteps with veterans. Franchising Ant Harris and eventually getting nothing for him instead of getting a 3rd round comp pick (not to mention paying huge money to two safeties and ignoring the OL for years). Desperately trading picks for veterans after injuries. I think you'll see KAM better allocate resources to the lines instead of S, RB, LB.

I hate when my Eagles play against cousins. That dude is so unpredictable. He can look like god one game and Sean Salsbury the next. It's Russian roulette .
Yeah that's why I can't stand him. No consistency. Pads his stats, but no leader. Has taken the approach of "I just work here, man" instead of taking charge. He was basically the same as Zimmer. Stubborn, made excuses, blamed others, never took responsibility. Not good to have both coach and QB (the two most important dudes) with that attitude. Plus a GM and HC that hadn't talked for months. It's not wonder the locker room culture was awful. It was time for a fresh start.

Advertisement

If they can move Cousins I’d go after Mariota. Especially if Harbaugh is the guy and he brings Pep to be OC. Restructure Thielen and Hendricks. They’ve gotta cut at least one of Tomlinson or Pierce at NT. Hunter should probably get an extension and that could drop his cap hit. I haven’t started looking at draft prospects but I’d probably go CB or DE in the first and whatever they didn’t take in the second. I’d also try and bring Woods back at the other S spot. He’s not great but he’s serviceable and relatively cheap. I don’t know what Gs are available but it can’t be worse than Udoh or whoever else they trot out at RG. This isn’t needing a full tear down imo. You’ve got solid bookend tackles who are young. 3 good WRs and good TE, all to go with a top 5 RB. It’s a good roster that just needs more depth.

If they can move Cousins I’d go after Mariota. Especially if Harbaugh is the guy and he brings Pep to be OC. Restructure Thielen and Hendricks. They’ve gotta cut at least one of Tomlinson or Pierce at NT. Hunter should probably get an extension and that could drop his cap hit. I haven’t started looking at draft prospects but I’d probably go CB or DE in the first and whatever they didn’t take in the second. I’d also try and bring Woods back at the other S spot. He’s not great but he’s serviceable and relatively cheap. I don’t know what Gs are available but it can’t be worse than Udoh or whoever else they trot out at RG. This isn’t needing a full tear down imo. You’ve got solid bookend tackles who are young. 3 good WRs and good TE, all to go with a top 5 RB. It’s a good roster that just needs more depth.
Agreed with pretty much all of this. I think Pierce is gone. It's not a full rebuild, but I think it's a one-year reboot. Clear some space, trim some fat, rebuild the defense. Also depends who we have at QB if Cousins is dealt. Just can't have that much cap around one dude and build a solid team. Mahomes restructured to get a better OL; Cousins said no thanks. He's all about Cousins. He's the third guy that has to go after Zimmer and Spielman.

Agreed with pretty much all of this. I think Pierce is gone. It's not a full rebuild, but I think it's a one-year reboot. Clear some space, trim some fat, rebuild the defense. Also depends who we have at QB if Cousins is dealt. Just can't have that much cap around one dude and build a solid team. Mahomes restructured to get a better OL; Cousins said no thanks. He's all about Cousins. He's the third guy that has to go after Zimmer and Spielman.
It’s pretty much untenable to bring Cousins back. There has to be a point where they realize this just hasn’t worked. The Wilfs seem smart enough to realize he’s a sunken cost and it’s time to cut the dead weight.

Really this team is a solid draft away from being really good. They’ve missed on so many picks lately it’s ruined team depth. You can’t build a roster signing overprice old FAs.

Advertisement
I hope you’re right. Seems like ownership isn’t keen on paying him that much. So I’d imagine he’s gone. Especially if they get a deal like Philly did for Wentz.
Someone would be nuts to do that, plus the Vikings would have a huge amount of dead money. Cousins is below the line of QBs that you can win a title with I think.

Someone would be nuts to do that, plus the Vikings would have a huge amount of dead money. Cousins is below the line of QBs that you can win a title with I think.
Worse QBs have definitely won it but not anywhere near his price.

He just "DID" All he will ever be able to do for Michigan, and he knows it. Can't compete with the big dogs year in and year out

Why can't he compete?

Are you saying Mario will leave for Bama in 5 years when Saban retires? (..."because Mario can't compete with Bama's bags")

You have to have hope...

Michigan is Michigan. From a funding standpoint, I can't see how they are not necessarily a "big dog".

Advertisement
Back