Jessie Armstead...

Advertisement
Never watched his HS film but I am sure you are right considering the type of career he had. The best HS LB film I watched was Matthew Thomas. I can’t believe what a mediocre career he had at free shoes. Guess you can be an athletic freak and have maturity issues or not have much to work with between the ears and not pan out. CONGRATULATIONS to Mr. Armsread. He was a great Cane!!!!!
FSU has a history of blue-chip LBs not working out: Keith Carter, Lamont Green. Maybe more.

Awesome for Jessie, remember his recruitment thats when TOP national recruits starting to come to the U! He was the number one recruit from Dallas Carter. Was a beast in special team as a freshman and played with a loaded lb room.
actually some of South Florida guys were groundbreaking, like Lester Williams. Before him, top national guys who were also local usually went elsewhere. Lester turned the tide.

FSU has a history of blue-chip LBs not working out: Keith Carter, Lamont Green. Maybe more.

Sterling Palmer was another ones - huge recruit.

Derrick Brooks and Marvin Jones were the only real highly recruited guys that starrred for them.

Advertisement
Sterling Palmer was another ones - huge recruit.

Derrick Brooks and Marvin Jones were the only real highly recruited guys that starrred for them.
Palmer was a DE, I think. The kid wanted to be a LB but he ended up a mediocre DE. I remember his recruitment very well. Based on what I heard, he was never a qualifier, but he ended up playing for FSU anyway. You can read into that what you want....

Lamont played pretty good at fsu though. Had a very basic nfl career for the most part. That whole southridge crew never panned out up to expectations though.
He was a college journeyman, maybe a bit higher, but never the superstar he was projected to be.

He was a college journeyman, maybe a bit higher, but never the superstar he was projected to be.
Nowhere near what he was projected at but decent in college. No better than that. Nfl he was nothing but a journey man. Considering he was the next best thing to jesus coming out of the ridge says a lot.

Advertisement
Super weird bump in the midst of all the recruiting going on but I was reading through some old threads on here during my quarantine and figured I’d share this YouTube video that popped up in my recommended about a month ago. Is this guy our best recruit ever? This entire team was absolutely filthy yet he still sticks out as clearly better than anyone else in this video.

Advertisement
Super weird bump in the midst of all the recruiting going on but I was reading through some old threads on here during my quarantine and figured I’d share this YouTube video that popped up in my recommended about a month ago. Is this guy our best recruit ever? This entire team was absolutely filthy yet he still sticks out as clearly better than anyone else in this video.

Great bump for a 1st post. Jessie's team was the one shown in the state championship game of Friday Night Lights, only in real life it was the semi-final.

Last edited:
I came.

download.jpeg-1.jpg

Great bump for a 1st post. Jessie's team was the one shown in the state championship game of Friday Night Lights, only in real life it was the semi-final.

As a prospect it’s gotta be Armstead, Willie Williams and Dj Williams as our best recruits ever. I read an article after researching that 88 Dallas Carter team and Barry Switzer stated that Armstead was the best LB he’s ever seen. That whole story is super crazy behind that team. There’s a 30 for 30 on them.

Here’s a list of Armstead’s high school accolades from the TX HS HOF.

Texas HS Football Hall of fame
1988 SuperPrep National POY
1988 SuperPrep #1 overall recruit
1988 USA Today All-American
1986,87,88 Parade Magazine All-American
1986 Parade Magazine SO of the year
1988 Texas 5A State Champion
1988 Texas Fab55 (#1 overall recruit)
1988 Texas 5A POY
1988 Texas 5A 1st Team All-State
1987 Texas 5A 1st Team All-State

Advertisement
As a prospect it’s gotta be Armstead, Willie Williams and Dj Williams as our best recruits ever. I read an article after researching that 88 Dallas Carter team and Barry Switzer stated that Armstead was the best LB he’s ever seen. That whole story is super crazy behind that team. There’s a 30 for 30 on them.

1988 Texas 5A POY
WW was even better..

1988 Texas 5A POY
Thought to say that. When you say just as prospects coming out than you HAVE TO SAY Kyle wright and Kenny Kelly also. Kenny was a first team all American for two years in like 3 or 4 different sports at the same time. Probably out of the three you mentioned it would be dj then just behind him would be Jesse. Honestly it's not fair to them to debate it. No faults in any of them.

WW was even better..

Thought to say that. When you say just as prospects coming out than you HAVE TO SAY Kyle wright and Kenny Kelly also. Kenny was a first team all American for two years in like 3 or 4 different sports at the same time. Probably out of the three you mentioned it would be dj then just behind him would be Jesse. Honestly it's not fair to them to debate it. No faults in any of them.
Night CIO, night Dee. 🛌

Advertisement
Back