Jess Simpson recruiting impact

The 19 dline class had way more misses than gets esp in south Florida
And even in ga he only gets Holley
You consider his 19 class as a solid class?
i guess it’s all a matter of interpretation
Wasn't JHH in that class? Harvey, Cam, and Blissett too..tbd. And didn't Phillips portal that year?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I doubt it.. We play alot of DL in rotations. LT likely shirts and Ford,Silvera are GONE next season. You wont see any one hit until after next spring if that.

I think they should play Elijah more at end depending on his growth this spring. Q Williams and Roberts are both around that 265 range now
Would be big to have another end who can hold up against bigger o-lines and set the edge against good rushing teams.

Where does this “not a good recruiter” come from??? If the dude won all the ships in hs, he obviously knows how to bring kids into his program.
Literally never heard this until it came out he might come back. If he was bad at it, we would've been hearing this when he was actually here before.

Wasn't JHH in that class? Harvey, Cam, and Blissett too..tbd. And didn't Phillips portal that year?
The NY kids were late takes, IIRC. Harvey and Cam were solid long-time commits. Again off memory. Roberts was a solid tweener. Not a no-brainer but most were happy with his commit. It ended solid but we missed on some of the initial interior guys.

Advertisement
I think his quickness will help and I think your underestimating his athleticism
Nah I trust my eyes he’s not a defensive end and does not deserve to be in the rotation. @DMoney is an insightful poster who has a pulse on what’s going on but if we are thinking Taylor should be in the rotation we are in trouble. Taylor will be a star for us but not next season.

Would be big to have another end who can hold up against bigger o-lines and set the edge against good rushing teams.
right now we have no ends that have the physicality to play against a big ten/SEC offensive line. Harvey Cam Williams and this guy Johnson have their work cut out again the aforementioned conferences. But these guys will flourish in the ACC, and less physical conferences. IMO respectfully.

Advertisement
Back