Jess Simpson recruiting impact

Advertisement
Besides that his former HC is now coaching in Miami. I assume he was his HC since Simpson coached there until 2016. Also, the guy is a legend in GA and especially at the school he won a bunch of championships with. Not saying the kid will come, but it isn't unrealistic that there will be some interest

As it isn't unrealistic to assume that there won't be any interest. If he wasn't interested in Miami up to this point, and they haven't been in contact, I would be blown away if the kid goes to UM. Commit to the school, not the coach, right? Also, you don't know what their relationship was like; kid might have hated his coach's guts.

And that’s part of the problem. The kid has an offer from every school in the ACC except Duke, BC, Syracuse, Pitt...and Miami. All the top programs have offered this kid except Miami. Why? Columbus, South Bend and Palo Alto are not close to home. and if you’re one of the people (not saying you are) who would say that Miami would be a culture shock...then the Palo Alto will kill a kid from Buford.

Maybe the family told Searels or Richt to pound sand, I don’t know, but it’s strange that a near 5-Star kid doesn’t have an offer (according to 247) at a position where Miami will always need top flight talent.

I think people's conceptions of Palo Alto and Stanford are very much different from Miami and UM. Ohio State is in Ohio. South Bend is in Indiana. There's sort of a theme there

Palo Alto and Miami are also not similar, so I'm not sure about that line of thinking. Palo Alto would probably have more appeal to the kid who prefers a slower lifestyle and/or a small-town vibe.

As it isn't unrealistic to assume that there won't be any interest. If he wasn't interested in Miami up to this point, and they haven't been in contact, I would be blown away if the kid goes to UM. Commit to the school, not the coach, right? Also, you don't know what their relationship was like; kid might have hated his coach's guts.

Again, all I said is that there will most likely be some form of communication/interest. Never did I say that UM has a shot to actually get him. I agree that this in no way means a guarantee pipeline to Buford

Advertisement
Again, all I said is that there will most likely be some form of communication/interest. Never did I say that UM has a shot to actually get him. I agree that this in no way means a guarantee pipeline to Buford

To your point, you don't know what their relationship was like so there's no guarantee of communication/interest

Advertisement
I keep seeing Simpson’s connection to GA; no offense, but I can give a flying **** about his connection to GA; can he recruit So Fla hard? Can he keep the elite DLs in our backyard home? That’s what we want. Now if he wanna sprinkle in some GA beast to go along w them, let’s go. But no way should we EVER recruit GA first. That’s like D’No recruiting Jersey 1st.

Temporarily discounting Jess Simpson coaching's ability or S Flo potential recruitment. This appears to be a clear message to Georgia maybe even somewhat personal from CMR in response to James Coley being all over the South Florida top players. Give them an equal pain in the but top tier competitor in Georgia for top recruits and take a few top 4* and making Georgia's harder to recruit their state's top 5*.

I keep seeing Simpson’s connection to GA; no offense, but I can give a flying **** about his connection to GA; can he recruit So Fla hard? Can he keep the elite DLs in our backyard home? That’s what we want. Now if he wanna sprinkle in some GA beast to go along w them, let’s go. But no way should we EVER recruit GA first. That’s like D’No recruiting Jersey 1st.

Obviously as a general rule, we should recruit South Florida first. But specifically for DL, Georgia is extremely fertile territory, more so than So Florida. And I don't know that they were any DL coaches from So Flo on our list of possible DL hires.

I'm guessing this guy knows how to sell, given the number of fantastic players that went to that H.S. he coached at.

I'm looking forward to seeing him hit the trail hard.

First order of business, get commits from Khris Bogle & Tyler Davis, then make sure Renato Brown & Denzel Daxon stay committed.

I think this can be a good hire, but we need results, let's get it done!

Yep. Like I said on the other forum, the consensus on this guy is...

- animal recruiter
- future DC/HC material

Advertisement

I hear you Rell, but S. Florida alone just won't cut it. Not enough quality linemen below I-4 on an annual basis. We need Georgia to fill about 5 key spots each class.

Georgia ranks 4th behind Texas for most players sent to the NFL. Cali kids -- too far to uproot. Texas - forget about it; they stay in Texas. Georgia is perfect for finishing off our classes each year. There is much love for the Canes in GA.

I hear you Rell, but S. Florida alone just won't cut it. Not enough quality linemen below I-4 on an annual basis. We need Georgia to fill about 5 key spots each class.

Georgia ranks 4th behind Texas for most players sent to the NFL. Cali kids -- too far to uproot. Texas - forget about it; they stay in Texas. Georgia is perfect for finishing off our classes each year. There is much love for the Canes in GA.

Bro, I def agree...I'm just saying if we have a stud So Fla DL and there's a stud GA DL, I would hope we wouldn't skip out on the So. Fla DL b/c Simpson has connects in GA. We're just now starting to get love in So. Fla and even now it's still sketchy. I just don't want to focus on GA, is all I'm saying. All of the post kept saying his connects in GA, and I appreciate that...but we still need beast recruiters to take care of home, first.

So based on the last two CMR classes, we are shooting for 2 recruits per year from GA, that is about 8% of our class, this makes Simpson's job in GA clear: generate 10% of our classes from GA and bring in top quality or nothing, with a preference for DT/OT

Advertisement

There are nine other coaches that can recruit Florida. Why is it so bad to have a coach that will recruit $EC country?

There are nine other coaches that can recruit Florida. Why is it so bad to have a coach that will recruit $EC country?

Our Defensive recruiting has not been stout in the back yard. Honestly, I think we should be looking at Fla, GA, LA, Cali and TX in that order. If we can pull a couple of studs in GA, I'm not mad. But, all I'm saying our DL coach needs to make sure So. Fla high school coaches and So. Fla DL recruits know him just as well.

They don't all stay in Texas. We've had a lot of very good players from Texas--we just haven't tried much in recent years.

Jimmy Johnson and Butch Davis started our Texas recruiting but it it pretty much died in the last decade or so. The last head coach to recruit Texas was Coker. Golden particularly had never heard of Texas so he never recruited there.

Advertisement
Back