Jess Simpson mic'd up

Advertisement
Primary gap and secondary gap.

Basically the DT's primary gap might be the B-gap, but they're giving the DL freedom to shed and make plays in other gaps.
Thanks, there was a tinge of nervousness that we were moving back to more of a 2-gap philosophy. I know 2-gap works in the pros and in theory when you have the right players. Just left a bad taste in the mouth with the last regime.

Seems a little bit counter to Diaz's philosophy of just getting straight up field. Will be interesting to see how those two mesh. Hopefully it will improve the run defense without taking away from the pass rush.

Diaz philosophy is make flashy plays at all costs. Too often his defense cares more about the sizzle than the steak

This is a much more sound way to play the run up front and Im glad to see Diaz being reigned in here.

We were 43rd in the nation against the run last year, and a paltry 76th in the nation at giving up runs for first downs!!

Diaz philosophy is make flashy plays at all costs. Too often his defense cares more about the sizzle than the steak

This is a much more sound way to play the run up front and Im glad to see Diaz being reigned in here.

We were 43rd in the nation against the run last year, and a paltry 76th in the nation at giving up runs for first downs!!

What were we under the previous 2-gapping regime?

Advertisement
Seems to be the polar oppsoite of Kul, and i love it. Guy has intensity we never saw from Kul, and can recruit that GA pipeline.

I once seen kul tear into a can of Pringles , only leaving the wrapper and lid.Don't tell me he lacked intensity.

If you watch the top run defenses, they don’t just attack upfield. They can get washed and leave gaping holes. On potential run downs this is a much more sound technique- on 2nd or 3rd and long it won’t be the same.

SDE - DJax - Patchan
NT - Ford - Bethel - Miller
3T - Willis - Silvera - Martin
Rush - Jackson - Garvin - Rousseau

Garvin would move over on passing downs and DJax could move inside with Willis

Advertisement
Would someone mind explaining what he's teaching with the "peek" drill and how that translates to the game? I've seen that in a few videos they've released with Coach Simpson in it. Thanks in advance
Nah this for navigating the clubs on South Beach. To peek around the mass of dudes standing around watching girls dancing, scope out the hotties, and make their move.

That was funnier in my head

Sometimes you gotta make em do it

I remember a lot of slow witted fans were adamant that Bethel would never play DT here. They sure shut up fast when we put him in the DT rotation. Now, we've got a big hole at SSDE and these same dumb fans think he won't be used there as a backup if Dem Jackson goes down. Bethel is like your prototypical hybrid tackle/SDE at 6'3 280lbs, exactly the right combination of height and weight and strength to play both.

Nothing to worry about fellas.
The machine/sled that we used to train our DL on 2-gapping isn't even at Greentree anymore.

When 2-gapping the DL are reading/shadowing the O-Lineman + stepping in the direction of the moving O-Lineman + engaging then shedding.
Different than what we're seeing here.

Advertisement
Nothing to worry about fellas.
The machine/sled that we used to train our DL on 2-gapping isn't even at Greentree anymore.

When 2-gapping the DL are reading/shadowing the O-Lineman + stepping in the direction of the moving O-Lineman + engaging then shedding.

Different than what we're seeing here.

Grabbing cloth and mesh is what we use to call it

Enjoyed the clip. Looks to be a great hire.

Think how ridiculous the line would be if RJ and Norton didn’t go pro. Scary!!

Advertisement
Back