Jersey combo?

Uniforms are an improvement over the most recent unis, not liking the different colored helmets; stick with the traditional white, but it's a small quibble - much bigger issues to sort out.

Advertisement
It's ironic hearing all the people saying others must be color blind going with the combos they are choosing. I mean, you haven't even seen them wear it yet, and you are all saying it's horrible. Just because it isn't traditional doesn't mean it isn't good or even great.
If you didn't like the green pants, white jersey, and either green or white helmet look we wore at UL and Nebraska you're just crazy and a liar. We looked really good in those combos. ****, I hate wearing orange on orange or green on green, and These new Unis actually make it look waay better than last year.
The only way these unis could be better is if the helmets weren't shiny as some others had said. If they were a flat orange/green they would look amazing.
As far as the combo goes, I like us wearing a bunch of diff away combos, but think when we are at home we should wear the classic (white pants, orange jersey, white helmet) combo's for the better games like FSU. I don't care if we wear diff combos vs Arkansas St or USF or whatever crappy teams we play. But for the big home games we gotta wear the classics.

We're saying they're horrible cause they're horrible. Orange shirts with green pants PLUS a green helmet just doesn't look good. I like some of the new combinations, it's not a traditional vs modern thing.

And in addition...there's a picture a couple of pages back with one of the players wearing this combo. You can see it there for yourself.

Bottom line, whoever is responsible for picking the weekly combination...and in turn in whoever is responsible for giving the aforementioned the right to decide those combos...are colorblind.

Why don't you just wait to see how it actually looks in the game. Pics do not do uniforms justice. They can look good in pics but be horrible when you actually see them live/on TV, or vice versa. But I can tell you they made the Orange Jerseys specifically so that they can be worn well with green. That is why they have that green on the collar and shoulder pads. The prob with this combo definitely isn't orange jersey and green pants. The only reason you probably don't like it is because it has the green helmet. The colors actually go well very well with eachother. Would it look better with white helmet? maybe. Are they using the green helmet too much? probably. Does that make this combo bad? NO.

Now I will agree with everyone that if we wear all green (including helmets) for homecoming, like they kinda said, that will be a mistake. All one color (Unless white) just looks bad. Other than that our combos will look pretty dam good.
But Most of you guys are acting like we are wearing the Steelers prison uniforms or those ugly *** yellow and brown broncos unis...

It's ironic hearing all the people saying others must be color blind going with the combos they are choosing. I mean, you haven't even seen them wear it yet, and you are all saying it's horrible. Just because it isn't traditional doesn't mean it isn't good or even great.
If you didn't like the green pants, white jersey, and either green or white helmet look we wore at UL and Nebraska you're just crazy and a liar. We looked really good in those combos. ****, I hate wearing orange on orange or green on green, and These new Unis actually make it look waay better than last year.
The only way these unis could be better is if the helmets weren't shiny as some others had said. If they were a flat orange/green they would look amazing.
As far as the combo goes, I like us wearing a bunch of diff away combos, but think when we are at home we should wear the classic (white pants, orange jersey, white helmet) combo's for the better games like FSU. I don't care if we wear diff combos vs Arkansas St or USF or whatever crappy teams we play. But for the big home games we gotta wear the classics.

We're saying they're horrible cause they're horrible. Orange shirts with green pants PLUS a green helmet just doesn't look good. I like some of the new combinations, it's not a traditional vs modern thing.

And in addition...there's a picture a couple of pages back with one of the players wearing this combo. You can see it there for yourself.

Bottom line, whoever is responsible for picking the weekly combination...and in turn in whoever is responsible for giving the aforementioned the right to decide those combos...are colorblind.

Why don't you just wait to see how it actually looks in the game. Pics do not do uniforms justice. They can look good in pics but be horrible when you actually see them live/on TV, or vice versa. But I can tell you they made the Orange Jerseys specifically so that they can be worn well with green. That is why they have that green on the collar and shoulder pads. The prob with this combo definitely isn't orange jersey and green pants. The only reason you probably don't like it is because it has the green helmet. The colors actually go well very well with eachother. Would it look better with white helmet? maybe. Are they using the green helmet too much? probably. Does that make this combo bad? NO.

Now I will agree with everyone that if we wear all green (including helmets) for homecoming, like they kinda said, that will be a mistake. All one color (Unless white) just looks bad. Other than that our combos will look pretty dam good.
But Most of you guys are acting like we are wearing the Steelers prison uniforms or those ugly *** yellow and brown broncos unis...

Jesus.

Spoiler alert...they're going to look horrible. At the very least they should have gone with the white helmet with that combo to give some contrast. I'm hoping they retire those 2 alternate helmets after this season.

Jesus.

Spoiler alert...they're going to look horrible. At the very least they should have gone with the white helmet with that combo to give some contrast. I'm hoping they retire those 2 alternate helmets after this season.

None of you understand the meaning of horrible, these are HORRIBLE: View attachment 26141 View attachment 26142
These aren't our best combo's, but they aren't bad. They are just good. A lot of you just think unless we are wearing the classic white helmet the uniform looks terrible. I hope they take the shine off the new helmets, and not use them quite as much, but they aren't bad.

Advertisement
this is only the second time we've used the green helmet. The green helmet looked great with the white jersey in UL. This combo isn't as good but the only reason they're going with this is because of GT's white out. The people looking to hold players and coaches accountable for UNIFORMS are crazy. The players work their butt off all week while fans play on message boards. They get to choose what they wear.

It's actually a rare treat today: Stanford/Notre Dame and Alabama/Mississippi are two more games featuring classic uniforms and terrific basic football. Such a welcome departure from tinkerbell spread offenses in lollipop uniforms.

Greatest of all was Ohio State's dismantling of Maryland. Not only is Maryland one of the worst offenders of the uniform atrocities, dating to our game in 2010, but that game was also a wonderful example of the dominance of preseason ratings. That's the way to use those numbers, to wait for scenarios in which irrelevant game results mask the truth as expressed in preseason ratings. The preseason spread on that game was massive, which is correct based on talent level. But a handful of outcomes somehow knocked the number down to -6. Not exactly a sweat. As always, I welcome the mindset that annually mocks preseason ratings.

It's actually a rare treat today: Stanford/Notre Dame and Alabama/Mississippi are two more games featuring classic uniforms and terrific basic football. Such a welcome departure from tinkerbell spread offenses in lollipop uniforms.

Greatest of all was Ohio State's dismantling of Maryland. Not only is Maryland one of the worst offenders of the uniform atrocities, dating to our game in 2010, but that game was also a wonderful example of the dominance of preseason ratings. That's the way to use those numbers, to wait for scenarios in which irrelevant game results mask the truth as expressed in preseason ratings. The preseason spread on that game was massive, which is correct based on talent level. But a handful of outcomes somehow knocked the number down to -6. Not exactly a sweat. As always, I welcome the mindset that annually mocks preseason ratings.

Two games where the two home teams run the spread and read option and go up-tempo at times. "Basic" football at its finest. You add Lane Kiffin to Alabama and you've got plenty of bubble screens as well.

Advertisement
On the list of Al Golden ***** ups, this is fairly minor, but still, it simply continues to reinforce the point that our head coach is completely out of touch with our tradition.

The players pick the uniform combo

Not only that, but what exactly is our tradition? The two tone collars and shadowed numbers of the mid 90's? The half stripe on the pants and swirling lines of the early 2000's? Maybe it was de-emphasizing orange from 2000 till mid-2003? The bra strap? The upside down "U" of the most recent version? Miami has no uniform tradition. Someone put it perfectly. Our traditionalist(A miami hurricanes fan who is a traditionalist doesn't make any sense) are asking for the late 80's and early 90's uniforms. Pretending like Miami has some uniform that is identifiable to the masses is just pretending.

We had basically the same jersey design from the mid to late 70s until 1999. It was tweaked a little bit until 2000.

View attachment 26135

to

View attachment 26137

to

View attachment 26138

to

View attachment 26139

Even the early 70s uniforms were very similar, just green instead of orange

View attachment 26136

So, basically 20+ years of the same thing, with little changes. Very similar to what FSU did with their minor changes over the same period of time. No one is saying Miami has had the same uniform for 80 years, but people associate Miami football with growing into a national power in the 80s and early 90s, and they do so with those uniforms. They were around for more than 20 years in some form or another, and a lot of people like them.

No one associates the rise of Miami football by our uniforms. The "U"? Definitely. Speed? Defense? Big plays? **** Talking and Celebrating? Yes. Those stripes on the pants and the sleeves? No way. Its been 15 years since anything close to what you're talking has been worn and no one outside of some Miami fans care. If anything its the 2000-2003 uniforms that people identify us with. The last time we were any good.

fMPbSGP.jpg

horrible

i like what the coaches are doing though. Usually its "look good = play good", but that didn't work.... So we're taking the opposite approach

Advertisement
Back