2024 Jerrick Gibson RB

Ehhh, it’s gonna be hard to not only pass up oil $$, but I’m sure Sark will lean into B Robinson becoming a Top 10 pick last draft & his back up getting drafted in the 4th. I can’t tell u the last time Tennessee had a 1st round RB drafted. Last two I recall drafted was Kamara (my FFB nemesis) in the 3rd & I believe John Kelly got drafted the following y in like the 5th or 6th round. That was 2017-18….since then? Crickets.

So I’m sure Sark will lean into that, bigly.

Also if I remember correctly I seen a stat that Sark has had a 1,000 yard rusher every year he's called plays.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The Riley/Gibson dynamic looks odd to me, but I'll let it play out.

Also if I remember correctly I seen a stat that Sark has had a 1,000 yard rusher every year he's called plays.

His first yr as AHC/OC at USC, I don’t believe he coached a 1000 yrd back b/c it was a RB by committee operation, but iirc, those mofos avg. like 5.0-6.0 ypc/each.

But,

As HC at Washington:
2009 Polk rushed for 1113 (4.9 ypc)
2010 Polk rushed for 1415 (5.4 ypc)
2011 Polk rushed for 1488 (5.1 ypc)
2012 Sankey rushed for 1439 (5.0 ypc)
2013 Sankey rushed for 1879 (5.7 ypc)

As HC at USC:
2014 Allen rushed for 1489 (5.4 ypc)
2015 Fired for alcoholism

As OC for Bama:
2019 Harris rushed for 1224 (5.9 ypc)
2020 Harris rushed for 1466 (5.8 ypc)

As HC for UT:
2021 Robinson rushed for 1127 (5.8 ypc)
2022 Robinson rushed for 1580 (6.1 ypc)

He can literally say he coached back to back 1st round draft picks, & his offense showcases RBs. So it’ll be a tough battle, but if anyone can win this battle it’s Mario.

Last edited:
I wish it was that easy. Texas has recruited the OL very well under Sark too, and also just had 2 RB’s drafted including 1 in the top 10. It’s not like we are the only team with something to sell.

I think the kid likes us a lot, obviously. But with UT having that last visit, I don’t see it happening.
No doubt, and paying $50,000 to 6 figures for each at one point I believe I saw at one point.

We had a stellar class last year, as should be expected with Cristobal and Mirabal…but we aren’t the only game in town with what should be a stellar OL.

Advertisement
Ehhh, it’s gonna be hard to not only pass up oil $$, but I’m sure Sark will lean into B Robinson becoming a Top 10 pick last draft & his back up getting drafted in the 4th. I can’t tell u the last time Tennessee had a 1st round RB drafted. Last two I recall drafted was Kamara (my FFB nemesis) in the 3rd & I believe John Kelly got drafted the following y in like the 5th or 6th round. That was 2017-18….since then? Crickets.

I agree Texas for RB’s is a paradise.

Good luck to the young man!

From OT7 national event yesterday:

Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy four-star running back Jerrick Gibson said that Texas, Miami and Georgia are standing out above the rest. Gibson visited Georgia at the beginning of June and was at Miami last weekend. He will see Texas on June 23, and he hopes to be able to make a decision shortly after his visits. Texas has been in the top position for a while, but Miami is making a strong push. I'm not sure if the Hurricanes have passed up the Longhorns in the race, but if Texas still holds a lead, it's not a comfortable one. Gibson said the official visit process is giving his family an opportunity to see each program up close and get comfortable with the idea of trusting those schools. Texas has to feel good about having the final visit given the relationship Gibson has with Texas running back coach Tashard Choice.
The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

Last edited:

I like Riley and the kid from AMH committed to OSU better, but this kid's whole team is at Miami or leaning in our direction and I like our chances better than most in his recruitment.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back