Jerome Washington- JUCO TE Commits to Miami

He's huge!

ohhh-myyyy.gif

Advertisement
It was funny watching this kid block 180 lb DB's when they had him flexed out wide on running plays on his highlight film. Schoolyard bully stuff. I normally hate these type of commits, but for a kid his size he can run. Doesn't cut really quickly, but not deficient either. Seems like he really could be a diamond in the rough. Why the **** wouldn't Rutgers offer Washington if he wanted in there so bad? I guess my worry would be they know something we don't.

I'm going to temper my expectations after the last JUCO TE Beau Sandland turned out to be such a Bust....but I see we're keeping that New Joisey pipeline flowing

Definitely like this pickup. And the fact he has 4 years left even better.

Looks like staff really cooled on Clarington big time.

I like Washington more than Archibald and Clarington so.... I'll take it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Chase Ford was another. Couldn't get on the field here over Walford, but still has skills to play in the NFL. We are tight end U. Even our backups can play pro ball.

Advertisement
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2087880/highlights/27745396

Here is his High School Highlights. not that impressive but he is way better now according to the new highlights.

this is his supposed measurable:

Height:6'5"Weight:250 Age:20 40 Yard Dash 4.65- 10-5 Shuttle 4.4 Bench Press 330 Squat 345

Going just off of this little bit of tape, I'd be surprised if he broke 4.9 today. There's also no way he runs that type of shuttle.

Big kid though, moves well for his size, which looks to be legit. He needs to work on his explosion off the line, vertical leap and long speed.

You can't teach that size and frame and for an older prospect to still get four years out of him gives him a chance to fill the role Dobard currently is. Coach Golden certainly likes big kids for recruits.

Advertisement
Difference between this guy and Ford/Sandland is that he has 4 years to develop.

Looks like a great get and now the next couple of years we're looking at Standish Dobard, Chris Herndon, David Njoku & Jerome Washington at TE. A stud or two is going to be created in that position battle.

That's how you do it.

he'll be a 35 year old senior
no excuse from the physically ready standpoint

doesn't look like the seam route guy, or the spread him out,
but he has the physical size and maturity to destroy people as an inline blocker,
good, not great hands, but repetition can improve this

4 years is enough time to get him up to a better than average TE
next year, he can be 2nd in depth if he comes early based upon his physical presence

Advertisement
Back