Jermaine Grace

TC7D

2000 Cane
Former Miami LB Jermaine Grace will enter the 2017 NFL Draft.

Grace was implicated in a luxury rental car scandal in August, one which ultimately led to his dismissal from the football program. He has remained at the university on scholarship, though, and is set to graduate in December. His attorney, Jason Setchen, indicated that the 6-foot-1, 221-pounder will be allowed to participate in Miami's offseason Pro Day. "While he could have sought reinstatement by the NCAA and under the graduate transfer rule transferred to another Football Bowl Subdivision institution," Setchen said, "he decided to fulfill another lifelong dream and enter the NFL Draft as a college graduate." Last season, Grace led Miami with 79 tackles.

Source: Rotoworld

Advertisement
Happy he finished putting in his work, he should have been playing this year, he didn't need to be involved in that bs knowing he would have NFL money in less than a year.

indicated that the 6-foot-1, 221-pounder will be allowed to participate in Miami's offseason Pro Day.

Sorry we tossed you under the bus Jermaine but by all means, come tear your ACL at our sh*tty facilities.

PanthersFan.gif

he didn't need to be involved in that bs knowing he would have NFL money in less than a year.

While this is true, what he did might have warranted a few game suspension, not expulsion.

Advertisement
Sucked what happened. I think Grace would've had a great season in the defense. Hope for the best.

Advertisement
I had completely blocked Grace and AQM from all level of consciousnesses after that news dropped but yeah, this defense could've been top 10 with those guys. Glad that kids like McCloud and Jackson got more playing time though.

Hope the Phins are smart enough to get him at his likely reduced price. He's in the Deone Bucannon style of LB (not saying as good) and would have been around a second rounder with double digit TFLs and multiple INTs this year in Diaz's system. Instead, unless some team gets really savvy, he's going to take a significant loss on his 1st contract.

he didn't need to be involved in that bs knowing he would have NFL money in less than a year.

While this is true, what he did might have warranted a few game suspension, not expulsion.

We were on probation and he was rolling in a Lamborghini tied to sports agents. I'll just stop there, because if you dont already get it you never will.

Sadly there's porsters that will default to mentioning how players at other schools are committing crimes and not getting suspended at all by the NCAA; yet fail to correlate the differences to what those guys did and what AQM/Grace did and why the latter were kicked off the team.

Thus showing their lack of intelligence.

Advertisement

How did Alquadin do at Hampton this year? UM overreacted right? Alquadin must have tore it up at Hampton.

He's going to go the RayRay Armstrong route - no college will take him so I would not be surprised to see him declare soon.

Advertisement
How did Alquadin do at Hampton this year? UM overreacted right? Alquadin must have tore it up at Hampton.

Because Grace & Muhammad had the same baggage going into this issue, correct? Because UM is known for standing behind its players, right? Critizing our university doesn't mean I'm excusing his actions.

Advertisement
Back