2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
I... agree and disagree.

To say that Michigan doesn't outtalent teams and then proceed to go that half of the team has better talent compared to the opposition (the trenches) is a slight contradiction. The Patriots have had the honor of having three recent Wolverines on their defense and one on the offense and all of them were physically gifted individuals, without question.

The big reason why Michigan is winning now compared to prior, outside of hacking into their rivals servers and stealing practice footage of course, is that their players are extremely talented in the trenches AND well coached. They have a monstrous floor, but their ceiling stands and falls with the skill positions and their QB play. Outside of that, you can count bad Michigan games in the trenches on one hand. The problem is schematically and on the skill position.

Which is also why they haven't been able to win the big one. The position that gets you over the hump is the QB, unless you're Georgia and your entire team goes in the first three rounds of the draft. And Michigan hasn't had really elite QB play. Outside of that, stud team thats guaranteed to win 10 games minimum simply based on having elite coaching and fundamentals.

They're basically an extension of the 49ers when Harbaugh coached them. Mean on the O-Line and D-Line but QB play... ehhhhh.
Several things here. #1 their qb is a reincarnated nfl version of Trent dilfer. He's nothing but a game manager. #2 nowhere did I say half of their team is talented just because they're in the trenches. What I said is the talent that they do get comes in the trenches. Not that all of the people in the trenches are talented. Far as coaching goes I've never paid attention to be able to say one way or another your thoughts on Mario. But I'd really hope you don't have negatives to say about Mario's game day coaching if you say Harbaugh and staff is elite coaches. The two are VERY similar. Good but far from great in that capacity. They have several elite position coaches and those are at their positions of strength. Ol,dl & lb. Pretty good coaching at corner also. But when you say they stand out cause of skill positions I'll just say I disagree. Cause it's too late to go in more depth than that.

Advertisement
#1 their qb is a reincarnated nfl version of Trent dilfer. He's nothing but a game manager.
Which is the problem with Michigan and their inability to get over the hump.

#2 nowhere did I say half of their team is talented just because they're in the trenches. What I said is the talent that they do get comes in the trenches. Not that all of the people in the trenches are talented.
I mean, roughly half of the players that play on the field are in the trenches, that's what I meant. And Michigan recruits absurd amount of talent in that aspect.

I'd say we agree here, just in other perspectives.
Far as coaching goes I've never paid attention to be able to say one way or another your thoughts on Mario. But I'd really hope you don't have negatives to say about Mario's game day coaching if you say Harbaugh and staff is elite coaches. The two are VERY similar. Good but far from great in that capacity. They have several elite position coaches and those are at their positions of strength. Ol,dl & lb.
This is what I meant. Harbaughs in-game is really eh, but his position coaches prepare their players at the highest level.

But when you say they stand out cause of skill positions I'll just say I disagree. Cause it's too late to go in more depth than that.
They stand out negatively because of the skill positions. Michigan wins because of their advantages on O-Line and D-Line, plus very good LB play. This makes them win 95% of their games.

The problem is, their QB and WR play is not good enough to win them the National Championship. Georgia had Brock Bowers the past two years, Bama had all these weapons (ironically, when Jameson Williams went down, things went to ****), LSU in 2019 I don't think I have to elaborate and so on.

No one is saying Michigan isn't good, they are elite. The argument is, can Michigan bully their way to a title without relying on the skill position offensively. I'm not sure, the past years are clear to me.

My gut has told me all along that he sticks with OSU, with us coming in a close second. I’m buying ZERO of the FSU smoke. Think about it: No self respecting WR is going to learn under the tutelage of Ron “I’ll teach you how to block real good” Dugans. They grabbed one of the top WR’s in the portal last year and he went on to have….658 yds on the year and was completely shut down by Damari, a true freshman. The thing we need to keep in mind is even without Jeremiah we still got one of the top WR classes in the nation coming in, so we good.

The key is the letter "D." He is Duane Starks, Damione Lewis, and Dan Morgan.
Jim Carrey Alrighty Then GIF by Ace Ventura

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Worst part if he chooses FSU will be Norvells reaction

99% of these guys are full of **** but hes at the top of that category

Last edited:
lol just in time for someone to come in and give us a little bit of hope to drive clicks

Advertisement
Norvell shouldn’t be beating us on the trail, if this is considered over. That’s JMO though. Haven’t heard it being over though, did he flip or something?

Surprised we are not at Jeremiah Smith 4.0 or by 500 pages. I guess this isn’t the fan favorite recruit for CIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back