2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Michigan doesn't out talent, most teams at all. They have several positions they recruit very well, and they're not skill positions. Where Michigan's talent comes in and what makes them win, (It's exactly what y'all make fun of Mario for )they win because they are fundamental and they are far more physical than everyone else. Where it matters, which is the trenches.
That's why Michigan wins.

I can respect the view point. #1 I'm not talking about at this second. I'm talking about what MICHIGAN DOES,WHAT THEYRE KNOWN FOR. So maybe it's important to note ON A REGULAR BASIS year after year what Michigan consistently puts into the NFL and produces at are ol,dl,lb... so after saying that feel free to look through those numerous picks and see how many fall outside of that criteria... There's a reason special teams is so pivotal for them annually which is also reflected by 2 of those NFL picks you speak on in a kicker and punter. They are a national brand and an amazing degree. So not trying to minimalize them and their ability to acquire SOME talent. But maybe look into what you were emphasizing a lil more. Out of those 9 spots how many weren't exactly what I said is their strength? 2 or 3? And one of those is Ronnie bell who wasn't even a three star coming out of high school so it emphasizes coaching more than anything else. Physicality & fundamentals is where they stand out from the majority of the pack.
I gotcha. I think you are underselling Michigan's talent, but it's a small disagreement.

Your overall point that they win big because they dominate the margins that Mario wants to dominate is completely accurate. It's kind of the program Mario is aspiring to match in a lot of ways, but our recruiting pipelines could give us an advantage at the skill positions if we ever do return to that tier 1 level of college football.

300 pages here we come

Los Angeles Horse GIF by PIXIES

Michigan doesn't out talent, most teams at all. They have several positions they recruit very well, and they're not skill positions. Where Michigan's talent comes in and what makes them win, (It's exactly what y'all make fun of Mario for )they win because they are fundamental and they are far more physical than everyone else. Where it matters, which is the trenches.
That's why Michigan wins.

I can respect the view point. #1 I'm not talking about at this second. I'm talking about what MICHIGAN DOES,WHAT THEYRE KNOWN FOR. So maybe it's important to note ON A REGULAR BASIS year after year what Michigan consistently puts into the NFL and produces at are ol,dl,lb... so after saying that feel free to look through those numerous picks and see how many fall outside of that criteria... There's a reason special teams is so pivotal for them annually which is also reflected by 2 of those NFL picks you speak on in a kicker and punter. They are a national brand and an amazing degree. So not trying to minimalize them and their ability to acquire SOME talent. But maybe look into what you were emphasizing a lil more. Out of those 9 spots how many weren't exactly what I said is their strength? 2 or 3? And one of those is Ronnie bell who wasn't even a three star coming out of high school so it emphasizes coaching more than anything else. Physicality & fundamentals is where they stand out from the majority of the pack.
I thought that Iowa defense played them real real well, they just had one of the worst offenses I have ever seen. If it weren’t for their special teams that game would have been a lot closer.

Advertisement
🤣 sorry man. I didn’t know you were a fan of the Jim HarBro offense.
It’s boring but it works when you have the guys. I think if we get a gunslinger the O will be exciting. If we get a stare down dude that takes forever to see things then it will look like Hershey squirts. I would sign the guy who punted Baxter tho

It’s boring but it works when you have the guys. I think if we get a gunslinger the O will be exciting. If we get a stare down dude that takes forever to see things then it will look like Hershey squirts. I would sign the guy who punted Baxter tho
We can build trenches but I don’t think we should try to go down the Michigan path. Why can’t we have superior OL play with some University of Washington schemes… or something that will get WRs and QBs excited?

💯 agree, witnessed it first hand a couple of weeks ago. I was in Ann Arbor for the OSU game, a will to win, tougher than opponents and 💯 more physical than OSU. I watched both teams closely in warm ups, was very fortunate to legacy seats with a couple of buddies. OSU looked bigger, stronger, faster in warm ups. But when the bell rang, it was Big Blue who man handled them. Trenches wins championships, not the shiny skilled positions.
Well trenches COMBINED with the shiny skill positions. But you won't win one without the trenches. That's for **** sure. I've always been jealous of their game day vibe. It really is an entire experience. That's what I wish for us that well never get to unfortunately. Cause it's not just a loud packed environment. It's a crowd full of passionate people who are there specifically to see a game played by their squad. Here even when it's packed a good portion of the crowd is only there because it's a social gathering. Annoys the **** out of me how lil passion we have as a whole. They just wanna get drunk and get on the jumbotron...

Advertisement
We can build trenches but I don’t think we should try to go down the Michigan path. Why can’t we have superior OL play with some University of Washington schemes… or something that will get WRs and QBs excited?
I think we will with a qb if not then yea it’s a problem with Mario.

Well trenches COMBINED with the shiny skill positions. But you won't win one without the trenches. That's for **** sure. I've always been jealous of their game day vibe. It really is an entire experience. That's what I wish for us that well never get to unfortunately. Cause it's not just a loud packed environment. It's a crowd full of passionate people who are there specifically to see a game played by their squad. Here even when it's packed a good portion of the crowd is only there because it's a social gathering. Annoys the **** out of me how lil passion we have as a whole. They just wanna get drunk and get on the jumbotron...
Don’t get me wrong, love to see the skill positions as well. I believe we can have both, it’s a beautiful thing…but the foundation must be the trenches.

If iowa had any offense this year, they would without question be a playoff team.
Kinda crazy the team/program that has produced the best NFL TEs by far over the past 6 years that are so inept offensively. Literally right now 3/4 of the top TEs in the NFL are from Iowa and are decently young...

Especially cause I'd be surprised if they had a bad OLine (I don't watch Iowa but I'm just assuming it's in their ethos and fact they have a decent number in NFL). It's literally just OC+QB+WR for them. And WR imo is a result of OC+QB being atrocious there. People want to talk about Mario+Richt being stubborn and showing Nepotism, what's been going on there at OC has been crazy

Advertisement
Kinda crazy the team/program that has produced the best NFL TEs by far over the past 6 years that are so inept offensively. Literally right now 3/4 of the top TEs in the NFL are from Iowa and are decently young...

Especially cause I'd be surprised if they had a bad OLine (I don't watch Iowa but I'm just assuming it's in their ethos and fact they have a decent number in NFL). It's literally just OC+QB+WR for them. And WR imo is a result of OC+QB being atrocious there. People want to talk about Mario+Richt being stubborn and showing Nepotism, what's been going on there at OC has been crazy
Iowa and Wisconsin seem to have these certain position groups they churn out. It’s weird asf, they strictly have to rely on evals. And sometimes they get a big get no one knows about it though till three years later. That Iowa defense this year was nasty

Advertisement
Always love seeing a dominant d. They definitely fit that bill. We're close ourselves.
My favorite part of football is a dominant defense. I remember I was in HS hardcore giants fan, I said we have no chance against the ravens and everyone called me a fake fan. I’m like bruh u seen Ray Lewis? Around that time Miamis D was as dominant in college. Fell in love man never seen defenses like that.

My favorite part of football is a dominant defense. I remember I was in HS hardcore giants fan, I said we have no chance against the ravens and everyone called me a fake fan. I’m like bruh u seen Ray Lewis? Around that time Miamis D was as dominant in college. Fell in love man never seen defenses like that.
Amen to that.

That 90/91 Eagles Defense was pure Insanity as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back