2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we took a QB who was ACC Rookie of the Year, and after Gattis ruined him, he’s even worse now - unplayable. This is a guy Bama made a run for in the off-season. There’s nothing remotely stable about our offense except for the OL. RB is ok. If you’re a QB, WR or TE, do you really think UM is a better situation than FSU right now?
Right now? No. I'd take Travis, Benson, Coleman, Wilson, Bell, Toafili over Miami's skill guys. But next year? Miami will have a better O-line and RBs than FSU. The depth chart for WRs will be pretty much equal. And both teams will be in the portal.

Advertisement
Lol just calling it how I see it. I’m shocked that people think we’re so close on offense to being a 10-0 type contender.

FSU has beat us on the field and on the trail. I have zero confidence in our ability to pull JJ Smith over them right now, were he to flip. But that’s ok, no offense intended to the true believers. We’ll see soon enough.
No I agree, just sucks. I’ve been here multiple times under multiple staffs… just never thought it would be Mario.

As much as anyone wants to say they can’t develop and need the portal… Miami bout to do the same thing.

They also are THE spot for transfer QBs tbh, how could we even counter (besides cash)?. They took a ranked outside the top 1000 who couldn’t sniff the field at UL and turned him into one of the most prolific QBs in school history. We took a blue chip who was ROTY under our last staff and turned him into Kirby Freeman. Don’t really have a leg to stand on here.

Right now? No. I'd take Travis, Benson, Coleman, Wilson, Bell, Toafili over Miami's skill guys. But next year? Miami will have a better O-line and RBs than FSU. The depth chart for WRs will be pretty much equal. And both teams will be in the portal.
The thing you’re not accounting for is coaching though… we have ZERO 2H adjustments since Mario was hired. The game management side. Tbh we’re more talented than FSU RIGHT NOW. We’ll have more players drafted from our 7-5 team than their 12/13 win team…. So it doesn’t matter if our depth chart is “about equal”.. we need our roster to be 2X better. ****** feeling.

The thing you’re not accounting for is coaching though… we have ZERO 2H adjustments since Mario was hired. The game management side. Tbh we’re more talented than FSU RIGHT NOW. We’ll have more players drafted from our 7-5 team than their 12/13 win team…. So it doesn’t matter if our depth chart is “about equal”.. we need our roster to be 2X better. ****** feeling.
It’s also all hypothetical about who’s leaving and being added, from both teams. The only concrete thing to compare are the current rosters and current commits.

Not to mention if we’re playing the hypothetical roster game, FSU has had first pick of the portal not just between the Florida schools, but nationally. It’s not insane to think they’ll replicate that bar.

Last edited:
I’d be happy to be wrong and see an influx of high end talent on offense. I can see it on Defense but please tell me what we have done on offense to warrant JJ Smith and any WRs, TEs and/or QBs flipping here over schools like FSU, Ohio State with Hartline and Day, Ole Miss with Lane…. etc?
Well you could say we have the best OL in the country coming back with depth galore. Travis has run for his life in most of the games he's played when facing a good D.

Advertisement
Plus our D is miles ahead of theirs.

Because we took a QB who was ACC Rookie of the Year, and after Gattis ruined him, he’s even worse now - unplayable. This is a guy Bama made a run for in the off-season. There’s nothing remotely stable about our offense except for the OL. RB is ok. If you’re a QB, WR or TE, do you really think UM is a better situation than FSU right now?
I think the key factor here is "right now." It is the better situation right now, but guys like JS aren't on that roster right now. That offense is going to look completely different next year. He wouldn't be on the same roster as Coleman or Wilson. He wouldn't have Travis throwing him the ball. I think FSU has a lot of question marks going into next year. Losing 90% of your offensive production and like 60% of your snaps is big. Norvell is definitely the better OC and Coach right now though.

I don't think we ultimately flip him, but I do think we're not that behind on the trail overall. Class will be pretty good when all is said and done.

Big point that a lot of people aren't thinking about at the moment. FSU is going to go from one of the most experienced teams in the country to one of the least experienced. They lose a lot of guys, and raiding the portal can't make up for that, especially when the team's backfilled by three prior recruiting classes ranked 23rd, 20th, and 19th.

Look at FSUs depth chart behind their portal guys right now. It’s pretty average because of how bad their recruiting was his first three years.

Sure, they’ll probably be good again in two years. But for next year they’ll literally have to hit on on their portal targets again and most importantly replace Travis. To assume it’s gonna happen again seems premature

Advertisement
FSU is trash **** FSU. We almost beat them in their house with a team full of freshman

Well you could say we have the best OL in the country coming back with depth galore. Travis has run for his life in most of the games he's played when facing a good D.
I think we have a holy **** of an OL and they were wrongly not recognized this year. That should be a real draw for a QB but the problem has been the coaching. There’s no other way to explain it beyond money but I don’t think that’s it. So a WR like JJ looks at Norvell’s track record and ours and goes where he thinks he’ll succeed including where there’ll be a qb who will get him the ball.

I think we have a holy **** of an OL and they were wrongly not recognized this year. That should be a real draw for a QB but the problem has been the coaching. There’s no other way to explain it beyond money but I don’t think that’s it. So a WR like JJ looks at Norvell’s track record and ours and goes where he thinks he’ll succeed including where there’ll be a qb who will get him the ball.
I agree with a lot of what your saying but JJ has to know the FSU team that's playing now won't be the one he goes to if he commits. They're losing 90% of the offense and some good players on an already average D. 🤷‍♂️

FSU and I don’t think it’s close. Unfortunately Norvell and FSU has done better than what we needed to do this season and I’d say we’re going to feel the pain of it on the offensive side on ESD.

@gacaneaddict downvote me all you want. When I’m right I’m going to come back in here looking for you and if I’m wrong I’ll be right here. FSU is going to cuck us.

Advertisement
I agree with a lot of what your saying but JJ has to know the FSU team that's playing now won't be the one he goes to if he commits. They're losing 90% of the offense and some good players on an already average D. 🤷‍♂️
I get it. They’ll just reload in the portal like they have. Kids will believe in what they’re doing right now unfortunately.

What’s scary is that they’ve never done much on the HS trail under Norvell. Now they’ve got that rolling it would seem with a month left.

Mario did it to himself. They did what they’ve needed to do and we haven’t.

Only chance (slim as it is) to get Jj to come here is to get him to delay signing in DEC. Would give Mario a 6-7 weeks to find/sign our QB for next year. It would have to be a HR and even then that would only give us a fighting chance

I get it. They’ll just reload in the portal like they have. Kids will believe in what they’re doing right now unfortunately.

What’s scary is that they’ve never done much on the HS trail under Norvell. Now they’ve got that rolling it would seem with a month left.

It doesn't work that way. Yes they will get Portal kids but it doesn't mean they will all be as good as what they got this year.

Advertisement

nice try, Norvell.

More excuses for TVD being unable to read defensive coverages… Kyle Shannhan, Sean Mcvay, or Mike McDaniel can’t help a QB with play calls if he doesn’t understand zone coverage principles

Less time working on his golf short game and more time on his craft to give him that confidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back