2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
More excuses for TVD being unable to read defensive coverages… Kyle Shannhan, Sean Mcvay, or Mike McDaniel can’t help a QB with play calls if he doesn’t understand zone coverage principles

Less time working on his golf short game and more time on his craft to give him that confidence
The perception is that Lashlee was able to get something out of him and since Mario came onboard he’s regressed to the point of unplayable.

Advertisement
More excuses for TVD being unable to read defensive coverages… Kyle Shannhan, Sean Mcvay, or Mike McDaniel can’t help a QB with play calls if he doesn’t understand zone coverage principles

Less time working on his golf short game and more time on his craft to give him that confidence
It’s pure insanity. TVD has had receivers schemed open for touchdowns and threw the ball to the other team. How in the **** is that Dawsons fault?!
It’s like they keep talking about Dawson and Mario while not acknowledging the biggest reason for our offensive struggles. It truly shows their lack of football knowledge. You have a qb throwing picks….the answer is obviously to open up the offense and throw the ball more😂. Dam winning football games let’s just hope and pray he doesn’t complete more passes to the other team than ours 🤣

It’s pure insanity. TVD has had receivers schemed open for touchdowns and threw the ball to the other team. How in the **** is that Dawsons fault?!
It’s like they keep talking about Dawson and Mario while not acknowledging the biggest reason for our offensive struggles. It truly shows their lack of football knowledge. You have a qb throwing picks….the answer is obviously to open up the offense and throw the ball more😂. Dam winning football games let’s just hope and pray he doesn’t complete more passes to the other team than ours 🤣
Ohhh TVD is definitely to blame. I was one of the few to dare say something bad about him last year. He is a problem but he isn’t the only problem. Dawson is a problem for not adapting when it’s clear what he is running won’t work for TVD and more importantly Mario is to blame for not knowing that the QB he hitched his wagon was trash.

The perception is that Lashlee was able to get something out of him and since Mario came onboard he’s regressed to the point of unplayable.
Fine and dandy except how do you explain the first four weeks of the season… since GT unlocked this mysterious new and exciting thing called zone coverage on Tyler he has completely regressed. Tyler has zero clue where his plays are schemed to go and where he should be trying to find the open zones…

Guess what if you can’t beat it they’ll run it until you prove you can’t…

Advertisement
Ohhh TVD is definitely to blame. I was one of the few to dare say something bad about him last year. He is a problem but he isn’t the only problem. Dawson is a problem for not adapting when it’s clear what he is running won’t work for TVD and more importantly Mario is to blame for not knowing that the QB he hitched his wagon was trash.
He was fine the first 4 games. And then he just lost it. Mario has probably never seen anything like that happen to a qb. **** I’ve been watching football for 30 plus years and can’t recall many qbs doing it. It’s not normal.

They’ve tried to trust him by keeping him out there and pushing through.,. UVA was **** near a loss with his turnovers, NCST was, and GT was (yes I know Mario ****ed up too)

go back and watch his INTs and a common theme is forced throws into double(or triple coverage to X) or flat out underthrows his WRs like George for an easy TD against NCST

He was fine the first 4 games. And then he just lost it. Mario has probably never seen anything like that happen to a qb. **** I’ve been watching football for 30 plus years and can’t recall many qbs doing it. It’s not normal.
But we saw him fall apart last year as well. He threw some inexplicable INTs as well. He locks in on one guy and struggles against zone. This was there last year, I remember because I said that while it was partially on Gattis it was also on TVD. I believe that today as well. Now this may have been new to Dawson but not to Mario. He felt comfortable enough to go into the season with TVD and nobody behind him.

Once again, I’m not absolving TVD but to absolve the staff is ****** crazy to me. Mario knew **** well how important getting the offense right this year was. We knew there was a narrative against Mario that we hoped could be crushed as well. As the smoke clears, it’s an utter failure and a missed opp with this OL we had in relation to the schedule we played.

Fine and dandy except how do you explain the first four weeks of the season… since GT unlocked this mysterious new and exciting thing called zone coverage on Tyler he has completely regressed. Tyler has zero clue where his plays are schemed to go and where he should be trying to find the open zones…

Guess what if you can’t beat it they’ll run it until you prove you can’t…
I’m not saying he’s not what you say. But he was Rookie of the Year under Lashlee and then tanked under Mario, while Norvell developed Travis, so that’s what the bottom line looks like. The perception is bad regardless of TVD not being able to read a zone because he didn’t develop since Lashlee but ended up worse.

Advertisement
I’m not saying he’s not what you say. But he was Rookie of the Year under Lashlee and then tanked under Mario, while Norvell developed Travis, so that’s what the bottom line looks like. The perception is bad regardless of TVD not being able to read a zone because he didn’t develop since Lashlee but ended up worse.
Eh. He had some **** games under Lashlee
To that everyone kind of ignores. That 3 int game versus fsu killed us

But we saw him fall apart last year as well. He threw some inexplicable INTs as well. He locks in on one guy and struggles against zone. This was there last year, I remember because I said that while it was partially on Gattis it was also on TVD. I believe that today as well. Now this may have been new to Dawson but not to Mario. He felt comfortable enough to go into the season with TVD and nobody behind him.

Once again, I’m not absolving TVD but to absolve the staff is ****** crazy to me. Mario knew **** well how important getting the offense right this year was. We knew there was a narrative against Mario that we hoped could be crushed as well. As the smoke clears, it’s an utter failure and a missed opp with this OL we had in relation to the schedule we played.
He was hurt last year. And we all thought it was the oline not protecting him and the o coordinator not helping. So Mario went out and fixed the oline and brought in a better coordinator hoping to fix the problem. It seems that TVD is the problem. And we actually had an unfavorable backloaded schedule. We are the only team that plays ALL of the ACC conference contenders, it’s quite comical.

No one and I mean no one said after the first 4 games. You know what TVD is just gonna start throwing INTs like a madman. You can go through every post on this board and pull up every YouTube vid about the team after week 4. Mario fixed what he thought the problem was. Just because he makes 8 million a year doesn’t make him be able to see a future that NO ONE saw.

Advertisement
His biggest issue is that he’s a mental midget. He takes a hit or throws and INT and he can’t shake it off. I can’t really blame that on Mario.
This is compounded by the fact that he plays quite aggressively by trying to throw it into very tight windows. Dawson has not been doing him any favors by using tempo and spreading the field. When you play aggressive but can't shake it off, it leads to a sharp, quick decline when things don't go your way.

His biggest issue is that he’s a mental midget. He takes a hit or throws and INT and he can’t shake it off. I can’t really blame that on Mario.
Literally the opposite of another interception machine we had in Jacory. Difference being Jacory would literally shrug off three straight awful throws and then string together some beauties. The memory of a goldfish. TVD could use some of that.

Advertisement
I agree with you. Time to move on.
Nick Saban did the same exact thing this year and the end of a game. Could have taken a knee but instead ran the ball. His RB didn't lose possession of the ball and the refs didn't get a chance to review it and make a horrible call.
So, is Nick Saban an idiot also?
The situation that Mario had at Oregon was not the same and they would have had to punt with time left so ppl saying he has done this twice might just be attacking for the sake of attacking.
Coaches in all sports make decisions that dont work out and sometimes result in a team losing. Trying to decide which decisions are worse than others is silly.
We spent two weeks complaining about it and that's how sports work and Mario knows it and he gets paid well to deal with it. If we watch him get in the same spot again at Miami and do the same thing, regardless of the outcome then everyone can go for his head, and he deserves it.
When do we get past it and move on?
Mario wasn't the only one to use poor judgement in that play. Who told Don to run with one hand on the ball into the line? Who told Couch to sell out for a pick on the sideline pass? Who told Kam to let a WR get behind him on the final play? Who told the ACC ref to review the play and not see that he was down before the fumble?
If I was the coach, I would take a knee more so to avoid injury than even to avoid the fumble. I coached HS basketball for 25 year. I went to 3 final fours, two state title games and won one of them. Coach of the year in FL twice and other accomplishments. I also made decisions that I regret, some that cost my team games although some might not have been end of game decisions but led to losing outcomes. Am I to be judged based on some of those bad decisions or the other great stuff that I also did to decide if I'm a "great" coach or an "idiot"?
If a recruit that we were going to get decides to not come to a Miami based on one play, then either he wasn't coming anyway, or he was going to leave and transfer the first time a decision was made that he didn't like or agree with.
I hope JS comes; I also hope he doesn't end up at one of the schools in N FLA. We don't have to have him to be successful and we should be thrilled with the WR class we have assuming they all stay committed. He would be extra credit on top of an A rated WR class.
Our running back didn’t lose possession either on replay but Miami gets zero calls

Literally the opposite of another interception machine we had in Jacory. Difference being Jacory would literally shrug off three straight awful throws and then string together some beauties. The memory of a goldfish. TVD could use some of that.
Jacory was a true gunslinger. Except his arm was a .22 instead of a Colt .45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back