2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we took a QB who was ACC Rookie of the Year, and after Gattis ruined him, he’s even worse now - unplayable. This is a guy Bama made a run for in the off-season. There’s nothing remotely stable about our offense except for the OL. RB is ok. If you’re a QB, WR or TE, do you really think UM is a better situation than FSU right now?

I usually agree with most of what you say but I have to differ on TVD. If you asked me at the beginning of the year whether Gattis ruined him, I would have said yes. Now it's clear to me DCs know how to trick TVD into seeing what they want him to see. Dawson could have changed some things to help minimize TVDs penchant for damaging plays, but fundamentally he's scheming around a liability. While Williams isn't a world beater, he limits mistakes and that lets the run game and D to their thing. If Williams starts after Clemson, I think we're 8-2 today (he would have won GT too, but I can't give a good reason that the coaches would have permanently benched TVD at that point in the season)

Advertisement
I’m not saying he’s not what you say. But he was Rookie of the Year under Lashlee and then tanked under Mario, while Norvell developed Travis, so that’s what the bottom line looks like. The perception is bad regardless of TVD not being able to read a zone because he didn’t develop since Lashlee but ended up worse.
That’s a fine opinion if you want to blame it on strictly coaching… but rewatching games and his interceptions in particular a common theme is under throws or throwing it into double bracket coverage. He is unsure and is guessing…

I will admit that Gattis did no favors to any offensive players except maybe the TEs… but TVD being unable to read defenses and get out of his own head has been what’s ultimately “tanked” his career.

Well you could say we have the best OL in the country coming back with depth galore. Travis has run for his life in most of the games he's played when facing a good D.
I think it’s highly unlikely our entire OL returns next year. I think a minimum of 2 leave to the draft and it’s most likely 3 leaving

Advertisement
I think it’s highly unlikely our entire OL returns next year. I think a minimum of 2 leave to the draft and it’s most likely 3 leaving
We have some going BIG guys to step in & bully dudes next year, getting better every game.

Advertisement
10 tds,7 ints.
indecisive-i-dont-know.gif

Def wouldn't mind bringing him to challenge Emory for qb2...

Advertisement
We have some going BIG guys to step in & bully dudes next year, getting better every game.
I'm excited about the young guys and think they have a really bright future, particularly McCoy, Sampson and Kinsler.

Ideally they all return but if we can replicate this years performance without Rivers, Lee and/or Cohen it will make for a very bright future.

As for "getting better every game" I may be misunderstanding you, but only McCoy is getting snaps in a limited role at TE outside of the starting five.

Aside from our OL being stellar this year, thankfully they've also been very durable.

Losing those 3 guys also makes us very young on OL with Cooper and McCoy being the only 3 year guys.

In that scenario I think it would be wise to add 1 or 2 veteran OL through the portal.

Advertisement
I'm excited about the young guys and think they have a really bright future, particularly McCoy, Sampson and Kinsler.

Ideally they all return but if we can replicate this years performance without Rivers, Lee and/or Cohen it will make for a very bright future.

As for "getting better every game" I may be misunderstanding you, but only McCoy is getting snaps in a limited role at TE outside of the starting five.

Aside from our OL being stellar this year, thankfully they've also been very durable.

Losing those 3 guys also makes us very young on OL with Cooper and McCoy being the only 3 year guys.

In that scenario I think it would be wise to add 1 or 2 veteran OL through the portal.
I was speaking to them getting better every game next year when they are getting reps & experience.

One guy I am really curious about how he develops is Frankie T. I know he's a project but the measurables sure are impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back