2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
I met him once as a kid at FLL Airport when he was briefly with the Dolphins. I had a book of football cards and he was asking me who I had. One was a Yatil rookie card and he smiled real big. Funniest part is that I didn’t realize it was him until a few days later when I looked at the back of the card and saw his face.
He ran a 4.35 at the combine at 6'2 210lbs...
FB_IMG_1695857222674.jpg

Advertisement
He was a Man amongst boys when healthy. @Brooklyndee was close to him. I'm good friends with former UM DB Nathaniel Brooks, and Ironically I was talking to him a few weeks ago about Yatil....Nate said he was literally unstoppable when healthy.
I remember there was a cautious excitement in SFL when the Dolphins signed him. Unfortunately as we all know, it didn’t work in that instance.

Advertisement
Because Deion was on the opposite side of the field dealing with Blades. Brian was fast...but wasn't nearly as strong as Irvin....I was in Tally for that game.
And then Irv found some dude in the stands and high fived him. One of my all time Cane memories. They were rubbing Burt Reynolds inner thigh during the game and then the meteor hit.

If we beat GT by double digits and then go to UNC and win, the Clemson game is going to be able to be seen on a seismograph.
Seriously! Even going into that game against Notre Dame in 2017 the whole fan base knew Rosier was the luckiest man in the building and the offense was a huge weakness. We were in ecstasy but also utter shock at what unfolded in front of us. The building was raucous no doubt, but a lot of ND fans showed up thinking they were about to get the Big Dub and embarrass all flash no substance Miami.

We roll into this game against Clemson undefeated, I don't think many Tiger fans are making the trip. If it's a night game, it will be perception changing for our program regarding our lackluster game attendance especially for the recruits. Klubnik will not be able to function in that environment without throwing the game away.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Seriously! Even going into that game against Notre Dame in 2017 the whole fan base knew Rosier was the luckiest man in the building and the offense was a huge weakness. We were in ecstasy but also utter shock at what unfolded in front of us. The building was raucous no doubt, but a lot of ND fans showed up thinking they were about to get the Big Dub and embarrass all flash no substance Miami.

We roll into this game against Clemson undefeated, I don't think many Tiger fans are making the trip. If it's a night game, it will be perception changing for our program regarding our lackluster game attendance especially for the recruits. Klubnik will not be able to function in that environment without throwing the game away.

If you were watching the game from home, you probably knew it was over the moment Kelly nervously talked about the scoreboards lmao. In person, I felt what Kelly felt at kickoff as all the recruits walked by in the stands. No team in the country was beating us that night. One of the best examples of the advantage home field can give a team.

If you were watching the game from home, you probably knew it was over the moment Kelly nervously talked about the scoreboards lmao. In person, I felt what Kelly felt at kickoff as all the recruits walked by in the stands. No team in the country was beating us that night. One of the best examples of the advantage home field can give a team.

It didn't hurt that their quarterback almost literally **** down his leg. I'm with you, that place was ravenous that night, those kids were beat before they got out of the locker room. But if you remember, they moved the ball some on the first drive, and then Wimbush had a receiver WIDE OPEN for a TD (can't remember if it was St Brown or Claypool) that should've given them a 7-0 lead. But he overthrew it, because he was petrified, we punted quickly, they punted it back, then Berrios scored and the place got real scary. The next drive, Wimbush threw an awful pass and Quan picked it, and the stadium turned into Death Row. They were absolutely cooked from then on out, once the crowd smelled blood and Wimbush was in the tank, they had absolutely no shot.

One of the most fun nights of my entire life. I think after the Bandy pick, I was SCREAMING as loud as I possibly could into my dad's ear, who was sitting in the seat next to me. He threw his hands up, he couldn't make out a single word. If I yelled that loud in his ear in any other setting, he'd have been in the emergency room. But it was so loud in there, he couldn't make out one syllable LOL. Just looked at me and shrugged after I yelled at the top of my lungs directly into his eardrum. What a ******* night.

@NC_Canes_11 FSU is 7th in total offense in the ACC putting up 427 yards per game. They also give up 400 yards per game on defense and ranked 100th in the nation.

I never seen a team hype not match the substance. People took LSU 2nd half and said yup this is a top 5 team, even some ranking them #1 and ignore the firts half v LSU and all the games they look like garbage.

Their schedule has been tougher than us because we played Bethune, but the hard work they made outa BC and Clemson was not because those opponents are good. They are not a great team. Btw ESPN FPI without the preseason ranking...they are 29th.

Thats not the be all end all and is wrong at times but they had us beating Texas A&M.

Part of being a great team, is making terrible teams look terrible. And good teams look average like we did with A&M.
I have been pretty consistent on my FSU takes. Good but not great team.

If you have a good QB, a good offensive line, and a defense that can stop the run, you can beat this FSU team 7 out of 10 times. Clemson should have won that game with only a defense that can stop the run. Their O line isn’t that good, but they played good enough. And Cade was average. If they had TVD, they win that game by 2 scores. It’ll be really interesting when they play Duke.

I will say again, if we played FSU at home I’d be very confirmed Miami wins. Being on the road is the only question I have about that game. Miami just matches up so well with them.

Advertisement
I have been pretty consistent on my FSU takes. Good but not great team.

If you have a good QB, a good offensive line, and a defense that can stop the run, you can beat this FSU team 7 out of 10 times. Clemson should have won that game with only a defense that can stop the run. Their O line isn’t that good, but they played good enough. And Cade was average. If they had TVD, they win that game by 2 scores. It’ll be really interesting when they play Duke.

I will say again, if we played FSU at home I’d be very confirmed Miami wins. Being on the road is the only question I have about that game. Miami just matches up so well with them.

FSU averaged 5.46 a play, Clemson averaged 5.43.

Something is definitely up with FSU. Last year they ran the ball at will against almost everyone. Benson averaged 6.4 YPC, this year he's averaging 4.7.

Toafili's YPC is down half a yard. They lost Ward, replaced him with Rodney Hill, and he's averaging almost a yard less per carry.

Travis is running less, both on scrambles and designed runs. It also seems like they're playing slower than they did last year, for whatever reason.

I don't know, that 2nd half against LSU was impressive, other than that they haven't looked very good. Clemson still has some players, especially on defense, and they were at home....but 17 offensive points? They hit Wilson for 41 yards on the first play of the 3rd quarter.....after that, they ran 25 plays and gained 89 yards. That's 3.56 a play. For context, last year New Mexico finished dead last in the country in YPP. They averaged 3.70.

FSUs six drives in the 2nd half were FG, punt, punt, punt, punt, downs.

They ain't ****.

Advertisement
FSU averaged 5.46 a play, Clemson averaged 5.43.

Something is definitely up with FSU. Last year they ran the ball at will against almost everyone. Benson averaged 6.4 YPC, this year he's averaging 4.7.

Toafili's YPC is down half a yard. They lost Ward, replaced him with Rodney Hill, and he's averaging almost a yard less per carry.

Travis is running less, both on scrambles and designed runs. It also seems like they're playing slower than they did last year, for whatever reason.

I don't know, that 2nd half against LSU was impressive, other than that they haven't looked very good. Clemson still has some players, especially on defense, and they were at home....but 17 offensive points? They hit Wilson for 41 yards on the first play of the 3rd quarter.....after that, they ran 25 plays and gained 89 yards. That's 3.56 a play. For context, last year New Mexico finished dead last in the country in YPP. They averaged 3.70.

FSUs six drives in the 2nd half were FG, punt, punt, punt, punt, downs.

They ain't ****.
They’re all about big plays. You shut that down, you win.

It didn't hurt that their quarterback almost literally **** down his leg. I'm with you, that place was ravenous that night, those kids were beat before they got out of the locker room. But if you remember, they moved the ball some on the first drive, and then Wimbush had a receiver WIDE OPEN for a TD (can't remember if it was St Brown or Claypool) that should've given them a 7-0 lead. But he overthrew it, because he was petrified, we punted quickly, they punted it back, then Berrios scored and the place got real scary. The next drive, Wimbush threw an awful pass and Quan picked it, and the stadium turned into Death Row. They were absolutely cooked from then on out, once the crowd smelled blood and Wimbush was in the tank, they had absolutely no shot.

One of the most fun nights of my entire life. I think after the Bandy pick, I was SCREAMING as loud as I possibly could into my dad's ear, who was sitting in the seat next to me. He threw his hands up, he couldn't make out a single word. If I yelled that loud in his ear in any other setting, he'd have been in the emergency room. But it was so loud in there, he couldn't make out one syllable LOL. Just looked at me and shrugged after I yelled at the top of my lungs directly into his eardrum. What a ******* night.
Pretty much an Identical story for my dad and I.

My dad was actually the football commissioner at Suniland Park for a number of years and He coached Trajan when he was a 65lber at Suniland park. That pick 6 was an unreal moment for us.

1695863285050.jpeg

I am standing by the statement though. We get to this game against Clemson with no losses and a night kick… Ooooh boy that place is going to be shock and mother ******* awe for Clemson

They’re all about big plays. You shut that down, you win.

And not even big running plays. Last year they were 6th in the country in 10+ yard rushes. They were 3rd in the country in 20+ yard rushes. They had explosive after explosive in the run game.

This year, we have 23 10+ yard runs in 3 FBS games, they have 19 in 4 FBS games. They only have four 20+ yard rushes all season, again in their 4 games. Last year they averaged almost 3 per game.

This year it's all in the passing game. They're 10th in the country in 20+ yard pass plays. They're Top 15 in 30+ yard pass plays. For whatever reason, they can't run the ball. I don't know if defenses have figured out Norvell's scheme, or what. But it's the same OL and the same backs, minus Ward. But if you can stop the 40+ yard plays in the passing game to Wilson and Coleman, you can really shut them down. The DBs need to bring their A games.

Pretty much an Identical story for my dad and I.

My dad was actually the football commissioner at Suniland Park for a number of years and He coached Trajan when he was a 65lber at Suniland park. That pick 6 was an unreal moment for us.

View attachment 258790

I am standing by the statement though. We get to this game against Clemson with no losses and a night kick… Ooooh boy that place is going to be shock and mother ******* awe for Clemson

This is awesome. Glad you have that memory forever, that's what it's all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back