2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
nd.jpg

Advertisement
FSU averaged 5.46 a play, Clemson averaged 5.43.

Something is definitely up with FSU. Last year they ran the ball at will against almost everyone. Benson averaged 6.4 YPC, this year he's averaging 4.7.

Toafili's YPC is down half a yard. They lost Ward, replaced him with Rodney Hill, and he's averaging almost a yard less per carry.

Travis is running less, both on scrambles and designed runs. It also seems like they're playing slower than they did last year, for whatever reason.

I don't know, that 2nd half against LSU was impressive, other than that they haven't looked very good. Clemson still has some players, especially on defense, and they were at home....but 17 offensive points? They hit Wilson for 41 yards on the first play of the 3rd quarter.....after that, they ran 25 plays and gained 89 yards. That's 3.56 a play. For context, last year New Mexico finished dead last in the country in YPP. They averaged 3.70.

FSUs six drives in the 2nd half were FG, punt, punt, punt, punt, downs.

They ain't ****.

I commented elsewhere that Norvell seems to be above average at scripting but once the first and second half settles down FSUs offense has been sputtering.

Happened in the BC game as well. Looked like they were about to blow their doors off to start the second and then…..

We very may well lose it being on the road but we match up well and this isn’t some generational squad FSU is trotting out.

If we have a good team, we will have a home field advantage with 50k. I was at GT in 2017 earlier in the season and we made it loud as ****, especially when the rain came. Give the fans something to cheer for and 40k, 45k, 50k. We gonna turn up. Even A&M was loud. We could build the most hostile place to play witha good team. That roof traps everything

I am fascinated by this and I would love somebody to do a study about noise levels as you add people. I think people are under the assumption that more people equals louder. But, to your point, adding more people usually means the footprint has to grow, people get further away, and there's more open air above. I also think when you add more people the ratio of soft, squishy human surface area to stadium hard, sound reflecting area means you have more dampening and less echo.

I've been to multiple stadiums that fit 90K+ and every time I've always been shocked at how loud I thought it would be versus how loud it is. I always find myself saying, "it's not really louder".
Construction of the stadium plays a pretty big role. It’s why Tiger and Autzen Stadiums are so loud. Being built into a deep bowl rather than the more modern stadium design keeps so much noise in the stadium. Autzen holds what maybe 55k. That place is insanely loud.

Advertisement
If you were at the 2017 ND game, I still get chills all these years later reading other people talking about the Bandy pick 6 moment when they were in the crowd at Hard Rock haha. It was that incredible of a moment if you were there. New good memories to come soon hopefully, it has been awhile...

I ran all the way down the aisle stairs and fived everyone on the way back up, cracked out on adrenaline. The whole place was outer body after that.

Everyone including FSU fans have the LSU game stuck in their head, 3 games later.

Their offense is average. I know we played a FCS team and they played 4 FBS teams. But BC and Southern Miss are terrrible teams. They couldnt move the ball consistently against BC and even need bunch of 4th downs v Southern Miss. Travis was pretty average v Southern Miss throwing the ball as well.

BC outgained them by over 100 yards, if not for 18 penalties they lose by 10. BC who next week had 56 put on them by Louisville with 10 mins left in the 3rd qtr

They are ranked 11th in the ACC rushing the ball and 7th in total offense, worse than Clemson.

The offense is Travis and has been average.
Miami played 2 defenses ranked within the top 60s. FSU has played just 1.

Advertisement
It didn't hurt that their quarterback almost literally **** down his leg. I'm with you, that place was ravenous that night, those kids were beat before they got out of the locker room. But if you remember, they moved the ball some on the first drive, and then Wimbush had a receiver WIDE OPEN for a TD (can't remember if it was St Brown or Claypool) that should've given them a 7-0 lead. But he overthrew it, because he was petrified, we punted quickly, they punted it back, then Berrios scored and the place got real scary. The next drive, Wimbush threw an awful pass and Quan picked it, and the stadium turned into Death Row. They were absolutely cooked from then on out, once the crowd smelled blood and Wimbush was in the tank, they had absolutely no shot.

One of the most fun nights of my entire life. I think after the Bandy pick, I was SCREAMING as loud as I possibly could into my dad's ear, who was sitting in the seat next to me. He threw his hands up, he couldn't make out a single word. If I yelled that loud in his ear in any other setting, he'd have been in the emergency room. But it was so loud in there, he couldn't make out one syllable LOL. Just looked at me and shrugged after I yelled at the top of my lungs directly into his eardrum. What a ******* night.

It was St. Brown. He wasn't WIDE open, but a better throw would have put ND up 6 right out of the gate. Could have completely changed the ballgame.

On Bandy's pick, my buddy literally picked me up off my feet and other people in our row joined in. I basically crowdsurfed until the PAT went through the uprights. Incredible.

Its the only way to build a sustainable power. I think other builds are flashes like fsu right now. I don't say that cause they are our hated rival it's just they do not recruit well enough up front imo. The teams that have controlled cfb recruit monsters up front.
How do you build depth if you’re elite players are portal one-offs? I don’t think you can.

I was there and I was at Neyland for Tennessee and Alabama a year ago in the recruiting section.

It's a different sound.. open air vs partially closed. Neyland was shaking but the sound wasn't like Hard Rock.. HR during the whole game and especially that Bandy pick 6 was ear piercing. The normal noise plus 75% of it echoing back down off the roof.

It's funny to me that Herbstreit, during that game, said they've never heard anything as loud as this.. but also says there's no home field advantage and it's not that loud.
I’ve convinced myself that Herbstreit was just trying to motivate this fan base by calling us out.

Advertisement
It was at that moment that I thought The U was truly back for the first time since the 03 season.

I still get so **** frustrated by this. I saw a tweet years later that said something along the lines of "after that November night, one team went 45-7 the next four years. The other team was Miami."

It truly felt like Miami was back. And then we spent the next four years tripping over our ****s to squander any momentum we built that night.

If you were at the 2017 ND game, I still get chills all these years later reading other people talking about the Bandy pick 6 moment when they were in the crowd at Hard Rock haha. It was that incredible of a moment if you were there. New good memories to come soon hopefully, it has been awhile...

Signed,

Peruche

Attachments

• IMG_7598.jpeg
    IMG_7598.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7599.jpeg
    IMG_7599.jpeg
    298.7 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
I’ve been to one game my whole life, I picked the 2017 ND game 🤣. The pick 6 was insane, we were row one 20 yard line! **** was insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back