2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Here to make sure the words "Jeremiah Smith" appear at least once per page on the Jeremiah Smith thread.
Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

@Brooklyndee ...as you know better than anyone, if Yatil came a few yrs later, and minus the injury, he'd certainly be up there as well. How soon people forget about how ridiculous he was when healthy.
I grew up(as he’s a few years older than myself) watching “Jit” in high school at CHS…Now, he didn’t put up video game stats because(like with Andre Johnson) high school ball was predicated mainly on the running game(plus qbs back then were NOWHERE AS ADVANCED passing da ball as they are now)…Like Andre, when CHS was down and time was ticking away, EVERYONE at Memorial Stadium KNEW where da ball was going & if da QB could get it there, then there was NOTHING that the opposing defense could do about it…Jit was A STUD in HS & I was TOTALLY looking forward to him continuing to be A STUD at Da U…Unfortunately, injuries derailed his collegiate & pro career…

Against Manny all you had to do was throw over the middle.

We're still too vulnerable over the middle this season. Our LBs are a huge step up from Manny, but aren't good in coverage tbh. Guidry needs to clean that up. I really hope Chase Smith keeps coming on strong between now and FSU, and/or they use JW there.

Advertisement
We're still too vulnerable over the middle this season. Our LBs are a huge step up from Manny, but aren't good in coverage tbh. Guidry needs to clean that up. I really hope Chase Smith keeps coming on strong between now and FSU, and/or they use JW there.
There aren’t many college linebackers that are good in coverage tbh. It’s why they are so valuable in the pros

Definitely

Advertisement
There aren’t many college linebackers that are good in coverage tbh. It’s why they are so valuable in the pros
I think in general LB are not expected to be good in pass coverage. How many times do you hear about an offense trying to get a matchup they like and it typically is a RB, WR, or TE 1v1 against a LB. Like a wheel route from a RB out the back field against a LB? Ball is probably going there. TE running a skinny post or seam route 1v1 against a TE? Ball is going there. Slot WR lined up over a LB to run any route? He is getting the ball. You need the LB for run support and you live with the drop off in pass coverage. Only a few true freaks at the LB position that will cover and not be a liability.

Construction of the stadium plays a pretty big role. It’s why Tiger and Autzen Stadiums are so loud. Being built into a deep bowl rather than the more modern stadium design keeps so much noise in the stadium. Autzen holds what maybe 55k. That place is insanely loud.

Autzen is very loud, but I didn't realize that stadium only holds 55k, the way oregon fans talk about their program I thought they had a 100K stadium

Advertisement
agree...........worried about the interior DL and that area in the middle. It aint as bad as Manny though but I think it will be cleaned up further down the line when bodies change. We may get carved up a bit this season but they better get there licks in now.

im sure their logical fans know they are not recruiting at a level like when Jimbo was there. Its not even close
Their 24 class is actually surprisingly good. It surprises me that recruits can't see Norvell doesn't develop his own guys. How many of his own recruits are actual starters for FSU? I'm sure the number isn't very high.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back