2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our receivers have all been blocking their asses of this year too. Clearly a point of emphasis and it’s how you get the YAC we are getting
Yep. I know we’ve played some scrub teams but I think the national perception is off here with Canes, which is funny to me… there’s been years Miami starts off hot (2009, 2013 & 2017 come to mind) and the media blows us up… yet in those years Miami had close games vs some not so good teams early. - funny the media is being cautious now.

It’s not who we’re beating, it’s HOW we’re beating them. Highest rated team in CFB by PFF through first month. You see the efficiency jumping off the charts.

Advertisement
Yep. I know we’ve played some scrub teams but I think the national perception is off here with Canes, which is funny to me… there’s been years Miami starts off hot (2009, 2013 & 2017 come to mind) and the media blows us up… yet in those years Miami had close games vs some not so good teams early. - funny the media is being cautious now.

It’s not who we’re beating, it’s HOW we’re beating them. Highest rated team in CFB by PFF through first month. You see the efficiency jumping off the charts.
Agree they usually hype us up quick but they got Colorado for ratings so they good. This is a good sign cause they like to hype us up then shoot us down. This the real get up and they ignoring it.

@NC_Canes_11 FSU is 7th in total offense in the ACC putting up 427 yards per game. They also give up 400 yards per game on defense and ranked 100th in the nation.

I never seen a team hype not match the substance. People took LSU 2nd half and said yup this is a top 5 team, even some ranking them #1 and ignore the firts half v LSU and all the games they look like garbage.

Their schedule has been tougher than us because we played Bethune, but the hard work they made outa BC and Clemson was not because those opponents are good. They are not a great team. Btw ESPN FPI without the preseason ranking...they are 29th.

Thats not the be all end all and is wrong at times but they had us beating Texas A&M.

Part of being a great team, is making terrible teams look terrible. And good teams look average like we did with A&M.

Agree they usually hype us up quick but they got Colorado for ratings so they good. This is a good sign cause they like to hype us up then shoot us down. This the real get up and they ignoring it.
Yep… watch us work. Only the beginning.

Advertisement

That A&M game removed all that for me. For one even 2013 when we beat the Lizards, we couldnt move the ball much. We jumped on them and they kept turning it over. Also we have never manhandle a team top 5 in talent in the nation. They can use that to justify their pessimism but facts are facts. Most of them picked us to lose and now instead of give credit they down A&M, who then manhandle Auburn last week.
Its one thing to beat teams, its another to physically manhandle a team stacking players for 5 years, even Bama struggle with them, even in bad years like last.

Just take the Southern Miss game last year vs the Ohio game this year

Similar score, absolutely 100% different if you watched though

Advertisement
I was certainly one of the people who thought that winning would not have as large of an impact as was expected. But people much wiser than me on this board are certainly looking smart now. This is fun.

I'm kinda confused by this whole storyline.

The common belief was that Smith wanted to be a Cane if we were actually improved and headed on the right trajectory, but he didn't want to fall for another head fake as many of us have over the recent years. That made a huge amount of sense to me.

If all of that is true, why would he get off that strategy before we get into the meat of the schedule? it isn't like MC is going to put up an I'm sorry we're closed sign. Makes no sense to me.

Advertisement

A2M and Miami OH are as good as anyone else’s top two through four games. We’ll see that even more as the season progresses. BCU and Temple are terrible. But we absolutely dominated them from start to finish whereas many of the other programs including both Florida and FSU struggled against weak competition.

Only way to prove we deserve consideration is to keep winning. Circle UNC. We beat them decisively everyone will be taking us seriously.

A2M and Miami OH are as good as anyone else’s top two through four games. We’ll see that even more as the season progresses. BCU and Temple are terrible. But we absolutely dominated them from start to finish whereas many of the other programs including both Florida and FSU struggled against weak competition.

Only way to prove we deserve consideration is to keep winning. Circle UNC. We beat them decisively everyone will be taking us seriously.

If we beat GT by double digits and then go to UNC and win, the Clemson game is going to be able to be seen on a seismograph.

That A&M game removed all that for me. For one even 2013 when we beat the Lizards, we couldnt move the ball much. We jumped on them and they kept turning it over. Also we have never manhandle a team top 5 in talent in the nation. They can use that to justify their pessimism but facts are facts. Most of them picked us to lose and now instead of give credit they down A&M, who then manhandle Auburn last week.
Its one thing to beat teams, its another to physically manhandle a team stacking players for 5 years, even Bama struggle with them, even in bad years like last.

They’re going to beat Bama

Advertisement
Reggie Wayne is the greatest receiver.
Reggie is the Greatest "Possession WR"....
But nobody touches Irvin....Look what he did to ELITE Secondaries his entire UM career...even as a frosh. Those OU & FSU DBs were no joke....and he made them look foolish. He left 1987 Co/Thorpe Award winner Ricky Dixon laying face down on the turf in 86 & 87....Deion couldn't cover Irvin in College...Playmaker was too strong. After the 85 UM vs FSU game, they switched Deion to cover Brian Blades, which cost FSU dearly in the 87 game.

Reggie is the Greatest "Possession WR"....
But nobody touches Irvin....Look what he did to ELITE Secondaries his entire UM career...even as a frosh. Those OU & FSU DBs were no joke....and he made them look foolish. He left 1987 Co/Thorpe Award winner Ricky Dixon laying face down on the turf in 86 & 87....Deion couldn't cover Irvin in College...Playmaker was too strong. After the 85 UM vs FSU game, they switched Deion to cover Brian Blades, which cost FSU dearly in the 87 game.
Mike smoked the self-anointed rapper Dedrick Dodge.

Chill with the chants that's what lame schools do like uf. Just perform let that speak let the swag speak. While Smith scored tds for OSU or UM we will always have gator fans holding a sign and cheering for him meme. Even when he scores on them next year
What if we all walk into stadium wearing pimp hat, cape, and cane?

over the top swag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back