2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with Golden in Year 2 was twofold at a talent level:
1) Over a third of the 2010 class had already left a year later. Players like Storm Johnson - gone
2) The 2011 class was wrecked by the time Shannon left. We had two blue chip recruits left

Combine that with a lot of 2008 players leaving and the 2012 team had a much lower year over year blue chip ratio and featured a lot of true freshmen playing.
The #1 problem was No D. That defense was horrific and never got better with better players.

Advertisement
1694715877085.gif

I won't even bother to ask how much football you've played. I'll simply leave it at when you're playing prevent for your base it's clearly gonna affect your ability to stop the run. Regardless it really gets alarming how each and everything said on here rather than people asking for context all they bother to do is try to tell you what you meant. I'm not speaking on the results of the defense. I'm speaking on the talent of the front 7. Golden had numerous dudes on the front 7 in his few years here that would've been monsters with our normal approach to defense... if you disagree that's more than fine. I honestly don't care. I'll stick with my opinion and you stick to yours. By the way a front 7 consists of more than simply interior linemen. And if you apply that same logic throughout our history there's not many PROTOTYPICAL dt we've EVER had. But again,you got your opinion and whether or not I agree I'll stick respect your opinion.

I will ask if you FORGOT that as soon as no dnofrio was gone that same talent that alfraud put together was a top 3 defense in the country or not? That's simply going off my memory. Seems pretty convenient to leave that out when you're mentioning the 70th against the run nonsense.

Nothing but respect for anyone opinion on here man.

There’s more to a front 7 than interior line, yea but when you’re foundation is leaky and you’re weak as **** up the middle sometimes it doesn’t matter about the other 5 on the front.

We had a few talented tackles during that entire Golden era and two didn’t come of age until they were with Manny (McIntosh and Norton).

A lot of the time it was Darius Smith, Corey King, wyche, Earl Moore, Robinson, Regis, Huerteleu etc. Shayon Green starting for how many years?

There was some talent sprinkled in but that front 7 wasn’t fine to me. To each his own though

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Here's the actual link. Have to subscribe unless you can find someone with a knockoff stream

Isn’t there some guy that always streams on youtube or Facebook? I forget his name but it’s literally just him streaming from his phone or something. You can hear him talking to people and stuff.

Advertisement
Even though he’s local, Smith would be Mario’s DJ Williams moment for me. When Butch landed him, I knew beyond any doubt it was on. For the record, I don’t think we have much of a shot. But I guess that’s my point.
We definitely have a shot keep winning and have that offense looking good. Plus the love he getting from the people in his community that want him to stay home and Zay and Jojo. It's gonna be hard to tell the U no!!!

Canesport spoke to him after the game last night. Says what you'd expect: likes how Miami looks so far, Coach KB and Mario living up to what they told him, blah, blah, blah. Now he's saying he wants to see how they do in conference play against teams like Clemson, etc..

"Smith initially planned to take game day visits to Miami for the Hurricanes’ home games against Texas A&M and Clemson, but after choosing to take game day visits to Ohio State those weekends instead, he now plans to return to Hard Rock for Miami’s Oct. 7 game against Georgia Tech."

LOL

Advertisement
Like i said, double back in October/ November. If he flips this is a late move if we can get to the ACC champ game, we should be good regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back