2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
TVD numbers wise was alot similar to multiple high level QBs, considering he missed some games. The problems wasnt his numbers. For example our WRs had better numbers than Ohio and FSU. The problem was turning the ball over. Multiple times in the red zone when it got condensed. Wrong choice of throws under no pressure etc. He was injured but i dont blame injury for alot of his turnovers. GT came in with a plan and he fell into it. It was much like the plan Ohio Miami used against us, except Ohio Miami couldnt stop us running it. First game of the season and he threw a pick to them going for a wide open Jacolby. How? Wrong choice of throw.
Exactly. And wasn’t even him throwing to the wrong guy (a couple were)..it was him just delivering the wrong type of throw..wrong trajectory wrong velocity etc. that’s what made this year frustrating for me..the QB spot LITERALLY lost us GT, UNC (imo) & NC state..if TVD doesnt **** the bed this is a 9/10 win team whose losses would’ve been close games..but given TVD play that’s not what happened

Advertisement
They will see next year and some will have no ego and pride and admit but some will hold onto that pride for the sake of saying I told you so
What’s crazy is we saw the same stretches when he was a younger guy with Lashlee..but Lashlee did a great job of creating mistakes/mismatches mainly due to the tempo..TVD would have stretches mainly in the Early parts of the game where it just looked like he had no clue what the Defense was doing coverage wise.

**** your really dying on that hill protecting TVD lol

GT threw us in such incredible hole we needed a defensive TD to get us over… yeah the fumble that wasn’t and not taking a knew… blah blah we were **** near 20 point favorites

TVD cost us this season… I was already weary of him when he pulled that stupid flirting with Bama a few weeks before the season started
I was done with him the Middle Tennessee game with those early picks. There was no coming back from that. Just a complete lack of feel for the game at that position. Granted defense folded too. But he doesnt have the intangible of a gamer that we just cant win big without. Wish him luck and he light it up but it was time for change so we can actually build a team with true leaders. QB spot has to be a leader of the team.

This place is insane.

Name all the teams that had a legit backup.

I'll wait.
This is a disingenuous response. Nobody has any idea how good most backups are, bc the odds of your starting QB missing a full game, is pretty low. If you take into account P5 programs and don’t include places like Iowa where the start wouldn’t even be a backup at most places, you’ll find Miami is at or near the bottom of that small group. And if you don’t think it matters, FSU showed you exactly why it matters. If your backup an’t complete a forward pass you’re done.

I was done with him the Middle Tennessee game with those early picks. There was no coming back from that. Just a complete lack of feel for the game at that position. Granted defense folded too. But he doesnt have the intangible of a gamer that we just cant win big without. Wish him luck and he light it up but it was time for change so we can actually build a team with true leaders. QB spot has to be a leader of the team.
He folds like a lawn chair pretty easily when adversity begins to hit him…

I was ready to get back on the TVD train this year thinking Dawson running a similar Lashlee offense would be a boon to him and catapult our season and his draft stock… his Bama flirting reminded me how selfish he was… the kid has a very good NIL from us and his family isn’t hurting for money.. how do you not focus on this one **** season knowing if you ball out your going to be a day 1 or 2 draft pick

Advertisement
He folds like a lawn chair pretty easily when adversity begins to hit him…

I was ready to get back on the TVD train this year thinking Dawson running a similar Lashlee offense would be a boon to him and catapult our season and his draft stock… his Bama flirting reminded me how selfish he was… the kid has a very good NIL from us and his family isn’t hurting for money.. how do you not focus on this one **** season knowing if you ball out your going to be a day 1 or 2 draft pick
Agree 100 percent. I think that why when he started struggling it seem the team disconnected from him some. It felt different watching the game when Emory came in against Clemson. That was telling to me that I wasn't crazy and his leadership skills were trash even to his peers.

That's just the same as certain people in here telling you we have no chance but they can't tell you Jeremiah has come to 4 games of ours this season or the fact that he's on campus on a regular. That's not saying we'll get him. That's simply saying far more goes on that most people just don't know about.
And in some to most cases, I've learned that the less fans know, the better

How does a kid this good, who can make this big of an impact go somewhere else? Seeing his comments here about the community and the guys he looked up to, how does this kid leave Miami? If it were the #1 WR from California or Louisiana we‘re after, fine.

We need him to stay home.

On a side note since JS mentioned him. I‘ve always been intrigued by Ochocinco’s story coming out of HS. Anyone here know if he was a Miami probable had it not been for the grade issues and stuff?
Idk chads whole recruitment story but i know chad has said hella times that he was a huge canes fans growing up and they had a heavy influence on him

Advertisement
What’s crazy is we saw the same stretches when he was a younger guy with Lashlee..but Lashlee did a great job of creating mistakes/mismatches mainly due to the tempo..TVD would have stretches mainly in the Early parts of the game where it just looked like he had no clue what the Defense was doing coverage wise.
For the guys we had it’s amazing they did what they did. George all u had to do was get physical with yet he had a big year. X gets open although not fast. Young tall can’t create a lot of separation consistently still decent numbers. TVD had Rambo running by dudes. And we had a slow TE who TVD never looked at when he was an option. Amazing what they got out of those guys this year.

So, anything new about JJ visiting this weekend?
Season 2 Reaction GIF by Law & Order

He'll be sneaking out of the back seat of a Black Tahoe here about zero dark thirty tonight. Best believe it.

Idk chads whole recruitment story but i know chad has said hella times that he was a huge canes fans growing up and they had a heavy influence on him
That’s what I figured considering the swag and persona he always had but I hadn’t seen or heard anything canes related from him so didn’t know. That’s good to hear.

Reactions: E1k
Advertisement
How does a kid this good, who can make this big of an impact go somewhere else? Seeing his comments here about the community and the guys he looked up to, how does this kid leave Miami? If it were the #1 WR from California or Louisiana we‘re after, fine.

On a side note since JS mentioned him. I‘ve always been intrigued by Ochocinco’s story coming out of HS. Anyone here know if he was a Miami probable had it not been for the grade issues and stuff?
Because Mario can't articulate how he will be utilized. Duh

Chad was a HUGE Cane fan....but grades was his undoing.

Chad was a HUGE Cane fan....but grades was his undoing.

Chad is an amazing human being. We had posted about a teammate of mine in high school who passed away and had a flag football tournament in his honor. He found out and showed up, leading the prayer before the game, donating from his own dime, and reaching out to NFL players to do the same.

Another time, he posted how good he was in FIFA, and my boy challenged him. Chad showed up to his house, connected his gaming system, and played 3-4 games with him.

He is just a chill dude who loves life.

Wish he had played for the U.

Advertisement
Chad is an amazing human being. We had posted about a teammate of mine in high school who passed away and had a flag football tournament in his honor. He found out and showed up, leading the prayer before the game, donating from his own dime, and reaching out to NFL players to do the same.

Another time, he posted how good he was in FIFA, and my boy challenged him. Chad showed up to his house, connected his gaming system, and played 3-4 games with him.

He is just a chill dude who loves life.

Wish he had played for the U.
That's awesome!

I bet he could have an incredible conversation about being a receiver with a receiver, I mean not as good as Mario of course....

Which is the summary of the last week of this thread...😎

This is a disingenuous response. Nobody has any idea how good most backups are, bc the odds of your starting QB missing a full game, is pretty low. If you take into account P5 programs and don’t include places like Iowa where the start wouldn’t even be a backup at most places, you’ll find Miami is at or near the bottom of that small group. And if you don’t think it matters, FSU showed you exactly why it matters. If your backup an’t complete a forward pass you’re done.
You just proved my point.

The original porster said it was the coaches fault we didn't have anyone to replace TVD when he was hurt and playing like garbage.

I said name the teams that have this so-called depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back