2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right; every team needs a guy like him. To be clear when he committed, I was excited and said he was a dog. I felt he was a great #2, #3 WR for us, but what transpired was him being a #1. OK, if he’s going to be a #1, then the EZ needs to be his happy place. So my whole point was if we’re going to sell our offense, George needs to be featured. He did more w/ less, and his #’s would’ve been off the charts if the QBs looked his way as often.
Very well said in all your posts on this. George, X should really just be selling pieces to elite talent. Look at what these guys can do & they're not NFL talent. It's the same conversation at RB tbh imo... we had a stable of guys who had good production but nobody that was elite.... Elite guys take plays where' there's nothing more & turn it into big yardage + TD's..... people get too worked up though if you ever question stuff though. You can still like & appreciate guys like X & parrish, etc... but doesn't mean you ahve to crown them or say there isnt room for improvement.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Do u want me to be honest? The selling point is George, not X.

TVD force fed X the ball throughout the entire season. He was targeted a staggering 105 times, meaning 26% or approx. 1 out of 4 passes went to him. George did way more w/ less, & led the team in TDs.

X numbers look cool, but the impact is the ?. Actually, for as many targets + receptions he has, his numbers aren’t very good compared to his peers.

Focusing on the WR leaders in FBS (P5) who had 70+ receptions:

1. Nabers (LSU): 12 games - 86 rec. 1546 yard 14 TDs
2. Washington (UVA): 12 games -110 rec. 1426 yards 9 TDs
3. Franklin (UO): 12 games - 77 rec. 1349 yards 14 TDs
4. Odunze (UW): 12 games - 73 rec. 1326 yards 13 TDs
5. Legette (USCe): 12 games - 71 rec. 1255 yards 7 TDs
6. McMillon (AU): 12 games - 80 rec. 1242 yards 10 TDs
7. Burden (Mizzou): 12 games - 83 rec. 1197 yards 8 TDs
8. Williams (Illini) 12 games - 82 rec. 1055 yards 5 TDs
9. Restrepo (The U) 12 games - 74 rec. 993 yards 5 TDs
10. Johnson (UO) 12 games - 70 rec. 942 yards 9 TDs
11. Stoops (OU) 12 games - 78 rec. 880 yards 10 TDs
12. L. Victor (WSU) 11 games - 89 rec. 860 yards 5 TDs
13. Presley (OKSt): 12 games - 76 rec. 746 yards 5 TDs
14. Cowing (AU): 12 games - 83 rec. 660 yards 11 TDs

Despite X being our leading receiver in receptions, targets, & yards, based upon his peers he has a very low TD output. Those who have similar outputs were Isaiah Williams of Illinois, & Lincoln Victor of Washington St. Do you know the commonality?

Illinois: 5-7
WSU: 5-7
Miami: 7-5

The exception to this was Brennan Presley of OKSt, and that’s due to them having a 1,600 yard back w/ 20 TDs.

In other words, the output is not moving the overall team success needle. Jacolby George should be by far our best selling point b/c George on less targets, less receptions has better output numbers than X, & it’s not particularly close. If George receives the same amount of targets, he would be on pace to put up a 1200 yard season and 10 TDs.

I actually think the selling point is Young. Young got 5 targets in the redzone and scored on 3 with a first down on another. If you apply the same targets to you as X with JJ’s talent, holy****!!

Advertisement
Lebron sending another tweet in 3….2….1….
Screenshot_20231129_174059_Instagram.jpg

Advertisement
In Dawson's offense the slot receiver is the #1 option more often than not. This is why Restrepo got so many targets. Tight ends and running backs get virtually no targets. Dawson has to make some changes going into next season.
With an athlete like Smith out there to use it’s an easy transition to make.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back