2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
[Deleted by Maude’s. There’s a reason the name was left out of it].

7 far as size of the bag. There's definitely some PROMISING bigger bags. Only one delivering them from what I've heard. We've been very transparent with this. Our thing is if youre honest with us we'll be honest with you. We've had two issues and it was due to games being played that had nothing to do with us. The numbers reported for us are far more often than not a complete lie but it's never numbers we release. They usually release that themselves to see if they can get a bidding war going. All I think of more often than not is of jeru the damaja. Ya playing yaself

USC delivering on its promises? That's one I would expect.

SEC schools are too accustomed to hundreds of years of "fixed labor costs" to be overly generous with the cash deliveries.

It's always happened. This ain't nothing new. Kids play just as dirty games as schools. They just get called on it while schools don't. Y'all been told forever this is a dirty business. But people wanna see something genuine in it. It's like falling in love with a Chinese lady boy in Thailand... There's levels to this ****. We've lost multiple commits throughout the years to kids playing dirty games when we refused to do the same. At the end of the day GREED will always win out.

1686251268839.png

Advertisement
I think perhaps the only "new" part is before if you got promised an illegal bag and if the school skipped out on you, its not like you could go sue. That be like a drug dealer only selling you 1/2 of the drugs you purchased, cant run to the cops and claim an issue.

However now with NIL, I would imagine if your sign a contract for X and they pay you for Y then the player has some redress and it can be talked about more openly in a public forum.

And yet...

...no lawsuits yet...

Not even when the Gaytor Collective massively breached on Jaden Rashada...

I been told you hermano, there's a reason we can't discuss much freely on here. People can't simply keep stuff on the board and discuss amongst ourselves. They run to social media & it turns into a **** show. Then people get mad at us cause we have to be vague about things... Irony in that one ain't it.
Crazy because people on here are the first to **** on the local reporters for letting stuff get out just to turn around and do the same things themselves lol.

And yet...

...no lawsuits yet...

Yeah that one interests me. Maybe the contract was not well written for Rashada and UF found the loophole. Because otherwise Rashada had a great argument for detrimental reliance and loss of income considering that he had UM’s NIL package set up.

Advertisement
And yet...

...no lawsuits yet...

Yeah that one interests me. Maybe the contract was not well written for Rashada and UF found the loophole. Because otherwise Rashada had a great argument for detrimental reliance and loss of income considering that he had UM’s NIL package set up.

Yeah and it is still young. I would assume no kid while in school likely wants to sue over NIL, imagine that would get you black listed.

I am interested 3+years from now when they are out of college, not in the NFL, looking for a buck and you can get some contingency attorney to take the case and sue just under the SOL deadline. I can already see a new division forming inside of Morgan and Morgan.

For Rashada, my guess is they paid him SOMETHING to not sue. No way Uf was letting that complaint get filed as it would get them black listed. Perhaps let him out of his NLI, give him a nice chunk of change, and call it a day but yes could be a loophole or poorly written, etc.

My comment was more so you can now openly talk about it lawsuit or not (yes UF getting sued would be hilarious) but regardless, pre NIL if Rashada flipped on signing day, or held out and requested a release from his NLI we would all assume it was a bag drop, family problem, GF pulling him away cough*antoine*cough but no way of knowing. Post NIL the entire country had proof it was solely $ related and we all got to talk about it for a glorious 2-3 weeks.

Yeah and it is still young. I would assume no kid while in school likely wants to sue over NIL, imagine that would get you black listed.

I am interested 3+years from now when they are out of college, not in the NFL, looking for a buck and you can get some contingency attorney to take the case and sue just under the SOL deadline. I can already see a new division forming inside of Morgan and Morgan.

For Rashada, my guess is they paid him SOMETHING to not sue. No way Uf was letting that complaint get filed as it would get them black listed. Perhaps let him out of his NLI, give him a nice chunk of change, and call it a day but yes could be a loophole or poorly written, etc.

My comment was more so you can now openly talk about it lawsuit or not (yes UF getting sued would be hilarious) but regardless, pre NIL if Rashada flipped on signing day, or held out and requested a release from his NLI we would all assume it was a bag drop, family problem, GF pulling him away cough*antoine*cough but no way of knowing. Post NIL the entire country had proof it was solely $ related and we all got to talk about it for a glorious 2-3 weeks.
This has been a problem for years. At least now the transfer portal gives a player options.
Look at how players from top schools have used it to either up the bag or get the bag that was promised but never arrived (Mims).
Just a few years ago if a kid was promised something, not only could he not transfer and not sit, but also had no legal option.
The fact remains that players are now getting more money both illegal and nil money because the ncaa is basically a Mexican police force and the bagmen are running around like cartel hit men with a .50 cal on the back of a Tacoma telling kids “there’s more where that came from” and then not delivering.
SEC schools have used this strategy for years. Most of those bags were up front payments followed by maintenance money for bills and rent or any money for things back home. Now the money is even more ridiculous because you can’t differentiate where the money for that ride and your girl’s Louis duffel bag came from.

I strongly suspect that the first order of business will be eliminating or placing heavy restrictions on the transfer portal. Schools know that a player that receives illegal benefits and enrolls is basically stuck like Chuck unless he gets kicked off the team.

So if a player can’t sue it’s likely because the money that was supposed to come really wasn’t nil money or he didn’t read the fine print.

I think perhaps the only "new" part is before if you got promised an illegal bag and if the school skipped out on you, its not like you could go sue. That be like a drug dealer only selling you 1/2 of the drugs you purchased, cant run to the cops and claim an issue.

However now with NIL, I would imagine if your sign a contract for X and they pay you for Y then the player has some redress and it can be talked about more openly in a public forum.
Yes and no. The problems kids are running into is because schools for the most part are telling them u can't sign ur papers till you're signed to the school. At that point they play games with the papers. Also ALOT of kids half *** it on due process. They let they moms or pops check out papers and don't realize most of these are smart contracts with TONS of verbage in it for the collectives etc and NOTHING for the kids. If you don't do what they say to a T. Then they can void that contract and ur ****ed. Kids better smarten up. But one thing recruiting has shown throughout the years is most kids don't take the process serious. They like a jury. They just go for the best story and the rest be damned.

He didn't have a contract. All they have is a verbal agreement with individuals who don't DIRECTLY represent the offer in itself. So you can't even say you had a verbal agreement with the proper parties. And that's why ufag vetoed the agreement prior to him signing with them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Crazy because people on here are the first to **** on the local reporters for letting stuff get out just to turn around and do the same things themselves lol.
Yeah but what u not realizing in that is two seperate things. #1 several of these dudes provide info to those same beat writers etc. #2 several of those media people are on here stealing info and running with it like they got a source of their own.

He didn't have a contract. All they have is a possession agreement with individuals who don't DIRECTLY represent the offer in itself. So you can't even say you had a verbal agreement with the proper parties. And that's why ufag vetoed the agreement prior to him signing with them.
Doesn’t this make the Rashada family decision to spurn UM and real money even more stupid?

Advertisement
He didn't have a contract. All they have is a verbal agreement with individuals who don't DIRECTLY represent the offer in itself. So you can't even say you had a verbal agreement with the proper parties. And that's why ufag vetoed the agreement prior to him signing with them.

Lol they went with a verbal to a third party? Can’t fix stupid I guess. Jesus Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back