2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Great point , 90% of these kids will never experience what the rich and famous enjoy.
To be able for a short time to be flown all over the country to billion dollar CFB 5 star hotels best food and site seeing .
Hard to say NAH I don’t want it .

My biggest beef can be the parents being a fan of a school and forcing there kid to go there this pains me .

Example: Parrish suffered years of playing for schools he didn’t care for because of his parents SAD.

Now he’s happy being a Cane even though he may not start but one thing is certain they call his number blood sweat and tears of passion is running with Parrish.

Great points here,

GOCANES
Disagree. The issue isn't him enjoying his recruitment. It's about him acting like an entitled *** clown Kardashian.

I don't recall any of this drama with Innis last year. He went on his visits and "enjoyed" his recruiting but he acted like a man and not a reality star.

If football doesn't work out for him then he's going to be an entitled prick with no money.

This kid needs to toughen up big time. I get he’s 17, but dude needs to get grounded. If he wants to play in the big leagues and in the world of NIL, he’s no longer an amateur/innocent kid…he’s an asset. I’m against trashing kids or even interacting with them on social media, but in the world we live in….kid needs to stop being so naive and soft. Heavy is the head

Same here.

IIRC, at the time, he was being slow played and didn't have a committable offer from us. We had opted for Chaney and Rooster and he was the odd man out.

I don't doubt that - but what's curious to me is the parents pushing ole miss, despite his misgivings about it. Crootin, mane.

Advertisement
Usually it's 25 to visit(from most of the bigger schools or ones trying to fake the funk.)and 50-75 to either commit or official. Desperation changes the scale.
25,000?!?! Jesus that’s a waste of money in my eyes. The games the game, but grown folk out here investing $75,000 just for a kid to visit the school they work for or went to twice. That’s more than some dudes first signing bonus in the NFL.

Borderline idiotic.

25,000?!?! Jesus that’s a waste of money in my eyes. The games the game, but grown folk out here investing $75,000 just for a kid to visit the school they work for or went to twice. That’s more than some dudes first signing bonus in the NFL.

Borderline idiotic.

market dynamics are going to fix that right quick.

the one thing you can say about the NIL/Portal environment, it created a much more efficient market .

market dynamics are going to fix that right quick.

the one thing you can say about the NIL/Portal environment, it created a much more efficient market .
Efficient? Nah. Much more volatile environment. What nil created is a chance for all schools to be heard. I'll give it that. But it's a very different level from one to the next. You see what we doin but our blueprint for nil is VERY different from what most schools can pitch. Us, usc, Stanford, vandy & northwestern are really the only schools out there who can move independent of a LARGE PORTION of their community on board. Really helps when you have MULTIPLE billionaires all on the same page. We're actually finally starting to chip away at the local opportunities for nil finally. That's why you're seeing several collectives pop up for us. Our alumni base is very different from most universities where not an overwhelming number of us are locals. But our marketing machine is real. Starting to see that take effect.

Advertisement
Plenty of y'all already got my jerseys.... Or atleast that number. Or something like that.
1686182505589.gif

Advertisement
Efficient? Nah. Much more volatile environment. What nil created is a chance for all schools to be heard. I'll give it that. But it's a very different level from one to the next. You see what we doin but our blueprint for nil is VERY different from what most schools can pitch. Us, usc, Stanford, vandy & northwestern are really the only schools out there who can move independent of a LARGE PORTION of their community on board. Really helps when you have MULTIPLE billionaires all on the same page. We're actually finally starting to chip away at the local opportunities for nil finally. That's why you're seeing several collectives pop up for us. Our alumni base is very different from most universities where not an overwhelming number of us are locals. But our marketing machine is real. Starting to see that take effect.

What's crazy is how many parents are oblivious to the process of asking for the money. I know a high four star he didn't get a dime of NIL to go to an SEC school and is asking me what he should do now hahaha. So many parents don't even know about paid visits but I educate them! The disparity of how people play the game is nuts.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back