Jeremiah Payton

These situations find a way to settle themselves. Attrition happens one way or another. In 2017 the core WR group was AR, Berrios, Cager and JT. Berrios graduated, AR had a career ending injury and the other guys transferred (or almost did and declared early).

No insider knowledge but I'd be surprised if Pope doesn't transfer. Maybe he just doesn't have any options though. Either way Payton should be the direct backup to Keyshawn Smith at least until Brashard Smith is ready to make an impact.

It's a tempo offense and if the team is as good as it should be there will be a lot of games where 6-8 WRs get a lot of snaps. 2020 LSU had a ton of WRs both vets and young guys and they all got theirs even with the team being mediocre.
If Pope is gonna do it he better do it by tomorrow. Last day to get in the portal and be eligible for the 2021 season.

Advertisement
If Pope is gonna do it he better do it by tomorrow. Last day to get in the portal and be eligible for the 2021 season.
That's wild I didn't know there's a cutoff. A lotta dudes around the nation are gonna be wishing there wasn't in summer camp.

I guess it's wishful thinking to expect Pope not to be in the rotation smh.

Advertisement
So the commissioner of the basketball league posted this on his IG story. My theory is confirmed, Payton is indeed in this basketball league.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210706-164934_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210706-164934_Instagram.jpg
    863.6 KB · Views: 100
Advertisement
So I assume he won’t be on the team anymore?
Terrible take. I understand you may not like the kids or the fact that he hasn't produced while here, but thinking he is off the team for playing basketball recreationally is such a brain dead take. I've seen football players playing ball all the time in Herbert, doesn't mean anything except that kids want to have fun. If anything this is good news as it means his knee is probably healed up. Reserve judgment until you know all the details.

Terrible take. I understand you may not like the kids or the fact that he hasn't produced while here, but thinking he is off the team for playing basketball recreationally is such a brain dead take. I've seen football players playing ball all the time in Herbert, doesn't mean anything except that kids want to have fun. If anything this is good news as it means his knee is probably healed up. Reserve judgment until you know all the details.
Jeez who ****ed you off? I don’t know the team rules when it comes to playing in rec leagues so I asked a reliable source. All I did was ask a question bud. I never said I didn’t like the kid nor did I write him off like some people on here.

Advertisement
Jeez who ****ed you off? I don’t know the team rules when it comes to playing in rec leagues so I asked a reliable source. All I did was ask a question bud. I never said I didn’t like the kid nor did I write him off like some people on here.
I mean in the photo of him with the rec league guy it literally says to watch out for him on the field. No chance that he would kill his chances at a football career to go hoop.

Advertisement
most college football players played...intramural or rec league basketball in off season i know i did and iw as an oL.

Im quite sure dude iint he off szn and playing on a team no biggy
Thats great news then. Like I said, I really don't know the team rules when it comes to that.

All I know is he better not try to dunk on me. I didnt get this screen name bc I allow dunks

Too many comments and I'm lazy... Will he be playing football for us this fall or not?

Advertisement
Back