Jeremiah Payton

I'll reiterate what I said about coach likens and the receiver room before the season, the free lunch program is over with, the days of just playing guys to keep them happy and to keep them from transferring are over with, coach likens not putting you out their to the detriment of the team, gotta earn your time these days, he cares nothing about stars or how high a recruiting ranking you had coming in, he has the only True and real Rankin system that matters, practice and limited opportunities, he's making and forcing the receiver room to be hungry. Our guys are actually route running now, the development has been clear, he gave the starters ample time to start making plays, they stayed stale, but this also opened the door for the back-ups and young ones to step up and take a spot, we all saw what happened, the starters started stepping up.

It's a good sign when the older guys are able to have production that is justifying keeping the young guns at bay.

these 3 WRs are making more plays than they ever have in their 3-4 years here under two diff WR coaches prior to likens. you can see the immediate diff once their jobs were on the line.

Advertisement
the improvement is tangible on the eyes and in he stat sheet.
Fo Sho, they
the improvement is tangible on the eyes and in he stat sheet.
Fo Sho, they are consistently getting separation on the intermediate routes now, that's the main thing that's been missing with this group, with that, now they'll be able to open up the whole playbook, rhett needs to help his o-line out tho, to many teams are just crashing us downhill on the read options, rhett doesn't seem to have or call plays that'll force a defense to have to slow down and think!

Advertisement
They threw it to him 3 times. He caught it 3 times. Im not sure what else he could do when he is not a target. He is like our 4th or 5th option in the pass game.

He had 2 catches not 3.

You get the ball thrown to you more if you get open.

So what is it? Chicken or egg?

Last edited:
He's miscast right now. He's best as a rugged receiver between the hashes (crossers, over routes, quick hitches) and on screens where can run after the catch. He can line up tight to a formation and block. Think poor man's Godwin in a modern pro-style.

Instead he's being as a boundary guy where his average physical traits don't do him any favors. I loved him as a prospect but I don't expect much unless he moves to the slot.

I think it was against CMU last year, 12 caught a down and in over the middle. He looked so fluid and natural moving after the catch. Definitely thought he’d be our next No 1. He’s still got time but it’s not looking great at the moment.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's miscast right now. He's best as a rugged receiver between the hashes (crossers, over routes, quick hitches) and on screens where can run after the catch. He can line up tight to a formation and block. Think poor man's Godwin in a modern pro-style.

Instead he's being as a boundary guy where his average physical traits don't do him any favors. I loved him as a prospect but I don't expect much unless he moves to the slot.

Bubble screens should go to him to...but the other guys cant block that well. I cant take the bubbles to Dee Wiggins to much...he is looking for the fastest path out of bounds or to the ground before getting hit lol

Advertisement
In Today’s game you typically know is somebody has something by year 2. Well is almost the end of year 2 for Payton. There are absolutely zero indications that he’ll be solid by next fall. In this day and age with modern offenses you don’t need to wait 3/4 years.

One of his catches got called back due to a flag i fuess.

lol im guessing you dont understand how offense works.
Bulls****e. You are covering for him.

hes been thrown to in other games and hasn’t shown real separation yet.
Why aren’t they running rpos with the supposed best talent we have at Wr?

Last edited:
Bulls got. You are covering due him.

hes been thrown to in other games and hasn’t shown real separation yet.
Why aren’t they running rpos with the supposed best talent we have at Wr?
I honestly dont know who is the best talent at wr....i kinda think thats why they had an "open competition" a few weeks ago.
Im guessing its Harley. He hasnt got much separation for true...but he isnt exactly a feature guy and when they tried getting himt he rock earlier in the season seemed to be some disconnect with him

I honestly dont know who is the best talent at wr....i kinda think thats why they had an "open competition" a few weeks ago.
Im guessing its Harley. He hasnt got much separation for true...but he isnt exactly a feature guy and when they tried getting himt he rock earlier in the season seemed to be some disconnect with him

talent doesn’t = best. I know what you’re saying but if you listed most TALENTED WR in football history, how many names are listed before you get to Jerry? 30? 50?

We need that work ethic, that intrinsic dog. I’m not sure we have that...

Advertisement
Back