Jeremiah Payton

I think all the receivers made a nice play pope with that catch at the end of the first half, wiggins sideline catch, Payton with a nice first down catch and harley but we didn’t really work to give them the ball that much So I’m not going to be that critical on their play today. Let’s see if there’s improvement for the next game
We play Louisville next, and jarren shredded them last year. This will be a great opportunity for the pass offense.

Advertisement
Lashlee left too much on the table. Why did it take over two quarters to find B. Jordan. Jordan and Mallory are mismatches for any defense. It could be because our OLine simply can't hold up.
The offense ran 5 plays last night.

Our receivers as a whole are underwhelming - but last night isn't a great barometer of what our passing offense could/will be. I think Payton is going to be our go-to guy sooner rather than later. Wiggins the "take the top off" guy, Pope is meh, Harley - not sure what to think of Harley, he hasn't seemed to ever take that next step. I would like to see some X out there in the slot. But the door is open for Payton to make a name for himself.

Advertisement
I Started This Thread a Few Weeks Back. I'm Seriously Questioning my Evaluation of Payton! The Dude Has Had A Number Of Chances in Games Esp Today, NO PRODUCTION! Extremely Worried He Aint The Guy I Thought He Was! I really hope for our sake He Steps up. So Far Looks Lost Out There!

I Started This Thread a Few Weeks Back. I'm Seriously Questioning my Evaluation of Payton! The Dude Has Had A Number Of Chances in Games Esp Today, NO PRODUCTION! Extremely Worried He Aint The Guy I Thought He Was! I really hope for our sake He Steps up. So Far Looks Lost Out There!
Yea your evaluations leave a lot to be desired ...🤣

Advertisement
Going to sell my Payton stock at this point. Not sure if it’s mental or what but dude looking very JAGish thus far.
Yeah to me it looks like he’s thinking too much. Not sure why he just doesn’t look confident at all.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bump.

Sooooo

This ninja plan on ever doing something in a game other get a penalty?
Since before Halloween, the King and our starting 3 have 50 catches and over 700 yards between them and I don't know how many TD's. There was no way any of the freshman were going to get too many opportunities with the vets producing so well. The passing unit was humming. I don't think you see any more of them than we already have barring injury (no injuries please) or if our passing game atrophies and shrivels away during the break. To be honest, I hope the Oline comes back healthy and we open against Wake trying to run the ball down their throats, and are able to do it

Payton had done nothing thus far to support your statement. He does nothing after the catch moreover king has been consistent and playing well and is in the heisman conversations.

I'll reiterate what I said about coach likens and the receiver room before the season, the free lunch program is over with, the days of just playing guys to keep them happy and to keep them from transferring are over with, coach likens not putting you out their to the detriment of the team, gotta earn your time these days, he cares nothing about stars or how high a recruiting ranking you had coming in, he has the only True and real Rankin system that matters, practice and limited opportunities, he's making and forcing the receiver room to be hungry. Our guys are actually route running now, the development has been clear, he gave the starters ample time to start making plays, they stayed stale, but this also opened the door for the back-ups and young ones to step up and take a spot, we all saw what happened, the starters started stepping up.

It's a good sign when the older guys are able to have production that is justifying keeping the young guns at bay.

I'll reiterate what I said about coach likens and the receiver room before the season, the free lunch program is over with, the days of just playing guys to keep them happy and to keep them from transferring are over with, coach likens not putting you out their to the detriment of the team, gotta earn your time these days, he cares nothing about stars or how high a recruiting ranking you had coming in, he has the only True and real Rankin system that matters, practice and limited opportunities, he's making and forcing the receiver room to be hungry. Our guys are actually route running now, the development has been clear, he gave the starters ample time to start making plays, they stayed stale, but this also opened the door for the back-ups and young ones to step up and take a spot, we all saw what happened, the starters started stepping up.

It's a good sign when the older guys are able to have production that is justifying keeping the young guns at bay.
the improvement is tangible on the eyes and in he stat sheet.

Advertisement
Back