Jennings to Michigan

Advertisement
It has been trash with the way this staff recruits. There’s no reason not to have T2 and Hood committed
Other then them not wanting to! They have to want to be here has nothing to do with staff. They have scholarship offers so the proverbial ball is in there court. It's gonna happen or not happen on these kids terms not ours or da coaches. Relax and let it play out...jersey!

Hester played on lousy teams. I know, I was there.

Carter played on the best teams in Suncoast history.

The third legend out of Suncoast is basketball player Anthony Goldwire.
I knew Ant Goldwire. I remember sitting in the stands watching him take the ball coast-to-coast against Lakes to win the Derek Harper Classic (when that was a real big deal) at the buzzer. He was a great but not a Palm Beach legend like AC, Rellford, Harper, or Daryl Mitchell...those were dudes.

Advertisement
How ironic! He decommits from FSU because they have a losing culture and an unstable coach/player relationship. Meanwhile he commits to a program that not only Currently has a losing Culture with players having feuds with coaches, but also a program that’s on the verge of losing its head coach.
Please tell more about the players feuding with coaches.

I mean technically both are FSU legacies. Jennings was a FSU commit. But yeah imo this kid Braden is a 3/4 OLB type

I rarely criticize or down vote anyone, OP is being ridiculously and unrealistically negative. This is a really good class, with lots of monsters. And if we add another LB, it would be T2 or Hood.

Advertisement
I knew Ant Goldwire. I remember sitting in the stands watching him take the ball coast-to-coast against Lakes to win the Derek Harper Classic (when that was a real big deal) at the buzzer. He was a great but not a Palm Beach legend like AC, Rellford, Harper, or Daryl Mitchell...those were dudes.
He had a younger cousin, Leemire Goldwire, who was really good at Dwyer in the mid 2000s. A guard just like him. Was on the Dwyer teams with Alonzo Gee who played in the NBA for a while. Leemire spent a good decade or so playing overseas.

Decomitted from FSU because he doesn’t want to play for a loser. Michigan sure looks like a loser, and might have some coaching changes soon.

7-1 down here with your brother starting.

did we even really go after him? People said he is a tweener like Joyner. Not really a Lb with speed and not big enough for DE.

did we even really go after him? People said he is a tweener like Joyner. Not really a Lb with speed and not big enough for DE.
He's a top 100 prospect with big time offers. Joyner was a mid 3 star guy. He'll find a spot on the field if he's as good as projected.

Advertisement
He's a top 100 prospect with big time offers. Joyner was a mid 3 star guy. He'll find a spot on the field if he's as good as projected.

got friends and family who are huge Michigan fans and they think they have to part ways with Harbaugh after the year.

that leaves Jennings, Hood and the DB from STA all possibly looking for a new team.

I'd be all over Hood first and foremost (and T2 of course, but that's a different discussion). We need a kid that diagnoses plays in the middle, and has the lateral quickness to get to a lane quickly or cover a crossing route. Hood is that guy. I really like his HUDL. I've had enough of the tweeners. Brooks is the only rush end that I am fully confident can make the transition. But McCloud, Wilder, Joyner all failed, and plenty of guys before them. Hood looks like the real deal to me.

1 QB, 2CBs and 1 more LB are our minimum requirements for 2021, assuming class caps are relaxed due to Covid. I'd make Hood a top priority if I were Manny. And it really needs to be Manny to lead his recruitment at this point. Because Baker and Patke shouldn't even be on staff come February.

I'd be all over Hood first and foremost (and T2 of course, but that's a different discussion). We need a kid that diagnoses plays in the middle, and has the lateral quickness to get to a lane quickly or cover a crossing route. Hood is that guy. I really like his HUDL. I've had enough of the tweeners. Brooks is the only rush end that I am fully confident can make the transition. But McCloud, Wilder, Joyner all failed, and plenty of guys before them. Hood looks like the real deal to me.

1 QB, 2CBs and 1 more LB are our minimum requirements for 2021, assuming class caps are relaxed due to Covid. I'd make Hood a top priority if I were Manny. And it really needs to be Manny to lead his recruitment at this point. Because Baker and Patke shouldn't even be on staff come February.

Numbers wise we don't need another backer...We play only 2 traditional backers.

I agree if Hood's senior struggles aren't bad enough for red flags you take him...Him, Lewis, Jennings are all takable. But this team just has more pressing needs than backer.

Advertisement

I agree if Hood's senior struggles aren't bad enough for red flags you take him...Him, Lewis, Jennings are all takable. But this team just has more pressing needs than backer.

Agree, but if they do raise the class caps by even one or two, I’d want T2 or Hood I this class.

Not sure why people are so focused on needing a backer. Yes, you want a stud like Jennings or Lewis etc. But what we need is this young talented group to mature. Brooks can ball, Austin Cave can ball. The kid from Houston can ball. I love Huff. I like the 3 backers committed. Problem is we missed the position in recruiting for a cycle or two and the kids should get better next year. Both physically and mentally.

Corner is an issue to me. Have to land two kids. And i may be in the minority here, but 4 running backs on the roster next year scares me. Especially when Burns is one of those. He’s frail and kids can transfer on a dime. That leaves 3 and guys get hurt. I know we have more pressing issues, but i’m just adding my two cents there.

Advertisement
Back