Jennifer Strawley: Our Female Blake James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
What culture? Miami will always have a division between people who aren't meatheads, and people who think that one sport should be the whole reason the school exists. Most decent schools have this problem. The issue is that the people that should care about the program are incompetent. Blake and the athletic department are left to do their own thing for the most part. The problem is that when you have incompetent people running the show, it's a crappy model. Get a strong, competent AD, let him know there will be consequences for 1) putting out a bad product and 2) doing things that will affect the University in a negative fashion, and let them run the department with little interference. Not a tough concept.
They may be incompetent. But the bigger problem is their social agenda (diversity, etc.) have a higher priority than commitment to excellence. It's become the prime mover in their decision making. Do you think the current culture will allow the AD to be independent? DO you think a strong, competent AD, won't jump ship at the first opportunity if forced to make decisions on that basis? Didn't we already lose 2 ADs (Hocutt and Eichorst)? Who knows the real reason the left. But the opportunity to "return home" or "work for their alma maters" certainly gave them a graceful, dignified out.

Advertisement
Why would they?

If you flip burgers for a living how in the **** would you be capable of analyzing administrative performance?

Every assclown thinks that management is terrible but guess what would be worse? Putting those assclowns in power.

Again you are making a great assumption about the people find themselves in those jobs.
Who they are. What theh are capable of knowing and understanding and what circumstances led them to that job.
But we are going in circles here.
You assume that unless you have a degree and are in management you are incable of educating yourself and understanding anything beyond tge job yoh have.

Advertisement
Great.

Another clown who thinks he's a descendant of the incredibly elite Founders of this country.

The country was founded by some of the most elite people in the history of the world. They would hate people like you.
Another liberal elitist arrogantly showing how grossly undereducated he truly is. How does someone jump to conclusions so quickly and make the ridiculous assumptions you do?

Advertisement
They may be incompetent. But the bigger problem is their social agenda (diversity, etc.) have a higher priority than commitment to excellence. It's become the prime mover in their decision making. Do you think the current culture will allow the AD to be independent? DO you think a strong, competent AD, won't jump ship at the first opportunity if forced to make decisions on that basis? Didn't we already lose 2 ADs (Hocutt and Eichorst)? Who knows the real reason the left. But the opportunity to "return home" or "work for their alma maters" certainly gave them a graceful, dignified out.

I am going to go out on a limb that they (some of the items below may only apply to one of them):

1. Didn’t want to deal with the NCAA mess,
2. Didn’t like Miami and our culture,
3. Preferred employment elsewhere (e.g. Wanted to be closer to “home” or where they fit in),
4. Hated micromanaging simps giving their illogical and irrational input.

But the bigger problem is their social agenda (diversity, etc.) have a higher priority than commitment to excellence. It's become the prime mover in their decision making.

What evidence do you have of this?

Are they incompetent or are they super competent but only in driving their agenda?

Again, not at all.

I just laugh at people like you pretending to have competence in athletic administration.

Don't know who you are confusing me with but I have never claimed to have competence in athletic administration.
I'm in a thread in a fan forum where people are discussing administration members that were in the search committee.
Since we are have been bad for a long time I think its educational to learn about these people.
You disagree we have been bad for a long time?

Advertisement
Didn't we already lose 2 ADs (Hocutt and Eichorst)? Who knows the real reason the left. But the opportunity to "return home" or "work for their alma maters" certainly gave them a graceful, dignified out.

Hocutt was from Texas and wanted to go somewhere with, I'm sure, less stress.

Eichorst was offered $1 million to go to Nebraska.

But when you have an agenda you can make up any story to make it come right.

Advertisement
What evidence do you have of this?

Are they incompetent or are they super competent but only in driving their agenda?
troll.gif

Alvarez. Who else?

Overall Shalala didn't commit to athletics and here we are. We're in too big of a hole and we still have her puppets at the top.

Butch Davis was already the head coach and left on his own before Shalala was even officially the President.

What in the **** are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back