Jelani Hamilton on Randy Shannon

Exactley. Shannon failed as a HC..the dude sucked. he built the talent back up and underachieved. kinda what Golden did at temple.
Golden did not "underachieve" at Temple. He resurrected a program that was on the verge of extinction. Temple was absolutely dreadful for decades. Golden takes over and has them in a bowl game within a couple of years. The more you try to diminish Golden's accomplishments at Temple the more it highlights your ignorance on the subject.

Advertisement
Exactley. Shannon failed as a HC..the dude sucked. he built the talent back up and underachieved. kinda what Golden did at temple.
Golden did not "underachieve" at Temple. He resurrected a program that was on the verge of extinction. Temple was absolutely dreadful for decades. Golden takes over and has them in a bowl game within a couple of years. The more you try to diminish Golden's accomplishments at Temple the more it highlights your ignorance on the subject.

he built temple up and then underachieved. it's that simple. he had the 1,1,3, recruiting classes in the mac and never won the division. who cares how long temple suked before he got there? meaningless. golden was able to bring in the best players while he was there and never won anything. congrats to golden.

FWIW, Miami hasn't had a 1st rounder in 3 years. First time since 1972. 25 1st rounders from 2000-2007. 1 from 2008-2011 (Kenny Phillips at 31) and a possible 1 in 2012 (Miller).

0 1st rounders in 07 and 08 recruiting classes. Miller possible in 2009. Henderson possible in 2010. So I'm not sure he's shown the ability to develop or recruit and develop 1st round talent.

Not sure I'd call that building up to Miami levels. Just my opinion though.

FWIW, Miami hasn't had a 1st rounder in 3 years. First time since 1972. 25 1st rounders from 2000-2007. 1 from 2008-2011 (Kenny Phillips at 31) and a possible 1 in 2012 (Miller).

0 1st rounders in 07 and 08 recruiting classes. Miller possible in 2009. Henderson possible in 2010. So I'm not sure he's shown the ability to develop or recruit and develop 1st round talent.

Not sure I'd call that building up to Miami levels. Just my opinion though.

meaningless post. orlando franklin wasn't drafted in the first rd AND HE STARTS WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT. Jimmy graham third rd. Miami had 10 all acc guys, 8 draft picks mixed in eventual nfl starters and underachieved in 2010. that's called building up and under achieving.

he built temple up and then underachieved. it's that simple. he had the 1,1,3, recruiting classes in the mac and never won the division. who cares how long temple suked before he got there? meaningless. golden was able to bring in the best players while he was there and never won anything. congrats to golden.

LMAO. Not that you have an agenda against him or anything, right?

Advertisement
Anyone who thinks Shannon built up Miami and yet left the 2011 roster to Golden knows absolutely nothing about football.

Anyone who thinks Shannon built up Miami and yet left the 2011 roster to Golden knows absolutely nothing about football.

If you know so much about football how come you can't anwer my simple question? How can you have 10 all acc guysm 8 drafted players mixed in with nfl starters and built the talent level back up?

everything i said is fact. you're just mad b/c you can't comment on what was said.

If you know so much about football how come you can't anwer my simple question? How can you have 10 all acc guysm 8 drafted players mixed in with nfl starters and built the talent level back up?

Because talent and roster management is about more then a few players. Also, because you can be a complete failure (Shannon and Coker) and still get good players to come to Miami because we are in the premier talent hotbed for HS football and the legacy that Miami has.

And FWIW, Franklin, McCarthy, Gordon, and Bosher were all recruited by Coker in the 06 class. So 4 out of your 8 drafted players weren't Shannon's.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Shannon did build the talent back up in certain areas (not many), and under-developed the talent in all areas of the football team.

Wasnt Temple gonna drop Football alltogether before Golden got there?

Now they beat teams that Randy's talent loses to.

Advertisement
Diego no lie we had enough talent on this team last year to win at least 8 games...

You're right. And we wouldve won 8 games had Jacory been a man and ran into the endzone at full speed vs K State..........and If the NCAA wouldnt have suspended 15 players vs Maryland

So you were saying??

Diego no lie we had enough talent on this team last year to win at least 8 games...

You're right. And we wouldve won 8 games had Jacory been a man and ran into the endzone at full speed vs K State..........and If the NCAA wouldnt have suspended 15 players vs Maryland

So you were saying??

just one of many instances where he proved he was not a big enough man to be the qb at the U.

HOW DO YOU NOT GET THAT YARD?

the biggest was after INT #3 against ND and he simply shrugged his shoulders looking at the sideline, i have never hated a hurricane player until i saw that

So you were saying??

just one of many instances where he proved he was not a big enough man to be the qb at the U.

HOW DO YOU NOT GET THAT YARD?

the biggest was after INT #3 against ND and he simply shrugged his shoulders looking at the sideline, i have never hated a hurricane player until i saw that

Lance Legget ducking out of the way of a pass did it for me.

Advertisement
No way we were a 6-6 team last year with the talent we had on our team.

Maryland beat one FBS school (oh yeah that one win just happened to be us). Their other win was vs Towson I believe sprinkled in were great losses to powerhouse teams like Temple, BC, and Wake Forest.

I support Golden but we absolutely should not have been 6-6. I hope he can right the ship beginning this season.

Side note:

Shannon was a **** poor CEO, but Coker takes the cake. Randy was a fail but Coker was an EPIC FAIL. Shannon was recruiting off of 9-4, 7-6, 5-7 etc.. records and did an average job at recruiting (player development was abysmal however).

Coker was recruiting off 11-1, National Championship, National Championship loss, BCS bowl bid, BCS bowl bid. Can you say pathetic? He recruited horribly (what a 2004 and 2005 class eh?) and his player development was also horrible. Coker did less with more than anyone I can remember.

So Coker was a failure, he destroyed the Bentley so Donna Shalala does the smart thing and hires the guy who was riding shotgun with Coker through the fail? I mean is that the jist of it?

Hollywood couldn't have written a better comedy.

What the **** good does having 3478292309809 All ACC kids do when they perform like a bunch of puss*ies on the field? lol. Shammin was an epic disgrace and the worst coach at UM since the 1970's. Even Corker did better than Shammin and his record even during his later crappy years PROVES it. Corker crashed this program but Shammin DESTROYED its soul.

everything i said is fact. you're just mad b/c you can't comment on what was said.

Want a fact? It's this: The recruiting class 'facts' you listed don't compel your conclusion that he underachieved. That's your agenda speaking. And every single person here knows it. But keep denying it. Do you enjoy Randy's *******, btw?

I hope he balls... I didnt get the opportunity to see him but I heard his game is a lot to be desired... All he said was that RS wasnt impressed with him... Its not a communicating problem its just that RS wasnt impressed with him at the time... Whatever... He's gone now... I just want this kid to ball... As a poster mentioned already, we heard Futch talk about favoritism and he sucked... And we heard Ojomo elude to the issue and he under performed... And lets not get started on Storm... We need some ballers...

I just hope that if his career encounters some obstacles that he doesnt give up... I really didnt see the purpose of adding anything related to RS... I mean we all knw he failed as a HC... He shouldnt have been offered the job... You dont get a 1st time HC at a program like Miami... His record determined that he was an average coach(which is failing at Miami), but come on we run with every negative press about him... Give it a rest... Jelanie just ball! I know he was 1st team all broward but he barely played... There are no hype awards around here... You have to earn it...

Advertisement
Back