Jelani Hamilton on Randy Shannon

I havent read a lot of the debates recently, but that retarded **** above implying im a slurper if i dont think shannon is the worst coach in history is so fuggin stupid and it weakens anything else you all say.

Also, some of you ARE going a bit overboard on Golden, and then when we cal you on it, your punk azzes get defensive. I support the guy of course, but Im not going to annoint him off a 6-6 season.

I mean, dont you all normally pull out the dook games when you look at the overall record? Bethune Cookman? A horrible USF team? UNC? Thats 4 of the 6 wins! Anyone who doesnt think Golden is God is a hater or a shannon supporter? Dafuggouttahere!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Coker was far worse than Shannon and its amazing that people forget that. Sure, Shannon wasn't able to turn things around, was a horrible communicator and never recruited any corners. But we were in that mess because Coker took the ferrari that this program was in 2000, fell asleep at the wheel, and drove it off a bridge into a BP oil spill fire. Coker was the absolute worst CEO of a major college program of all time.

Coker was far worse than Shannon and its amazing that people forget that. Sure, Shannon wasn't able to turn things around, was a horrible communicator and never recruited any corners. But we were in that mess because Coker took the ferrari that this program was in 2000, fell asleep at the wheel, and drove it off a bridge into a BP oil spill fire. Coker was the absolute worst CEO of a major college program of all time.

Uh, Shannon was Coker's main man during the collapse. All Shannon did was continue the fail he was already a part of.

Uh, Shannon was Coker's main man during the collapse. All Shannon did was continue the fail he was already a part of.

Seems to me that in 2003 even, we were a lil offense away from going back the the title game again. Our defense stayed solid for most of cokers years. DCH nailed it

FWIW, organization is hugely important in coaching and well in pretty much any job in life. Didn't realize Nites was saying otherwise, classic niteism.

Advertisement
jelani no need to bash a coach you never played for homie, let sorry *** Futch do that.

Will he bash Golden if he pans out to be a bust?

Advertisement
FWIW, organization is hugely important in coaching and well in pretty much any job in life. Didn't realize Nites was saying otherwise, classic niteism.

Nites said shannon REBUILT miami, that shows you his football knowledge.

Donna would have been a better coach than shannon

jelani no need to bash a coach you never played for homie, let sorry *** Futch do that.

who did futch blast?

remember Futch put shannon on blast for playing favorites..

about a month later a practice tape comes out where the coaches are yelling at Futch for not running through his blocks..

ahh yess i believe this was right after RS was canned and he for some reason switched to TE

Advertisement
kid's got pimples. Doesn't look that old. He also needs a lot of weight-room time. I'm sure he'll be a good one, eventually.

Coker ran this program into the ground but Shammin destroyed its soul.

This. I remember that night too. 48 - 0 . But truth be told its Shalala's fault for going cheap as well as neutering our recruiting with higher academic hurdles.

I havent read a lot of the debates recently, but that retarded **** above implying im a slurper if i dont think shannon is the worst coach in history is so fuggin stupid and it weakens anything else you all say.

Also, some of you ARE going a bit overboard on Golden, and then when we cal you on it, your punk azzes get defensive. I support the guy of course, but Im not going to annoint him off a 6-6 season.

I mean, dont you all normally pull out the dook games when you look at the overall record? Bethune Cookman? A horrible USF team? UNC? Thats 4 of the 6 wins! Anyone who doesnt think Golden is God is a hater or a shannon supporter? Dafuggouttahere!!!

Ay, as I mentioned to you once before Eduardo...all we ask of you former Shannon Sluprers is to stay out of discussion for the time being. For being so dense for so long and blinded by obvious racial bias, all we ask of you is to sit a few years out of the discussion of Golden, is all...kinda like being put on time out. You kinda lost the ability to have your opinion be anything more than crap by defending Shannon in the way you did, for so long.

Advertisement

Golden can not and will not be a bust. He's too competent and works too hard.

It amazes me that people can't already see he will be a success.

How much of a success? Who knows.

At minimum he will have rebuilt the program and set it up for the next guy to have a much easier task taking team to the next level.

crossover22[]_[];229663 said:

How do you have 10 all acc guys, have 8 guys drafted mixed in with some nfl starters
without buildinging the program up dummy? explain that.

How do you have 10 all acc guys, have 8 guys drafted mixed in with some nfl starters
without
buildinging the program up dummy? explain that.

How do you have 10 all acc guys, have 8 guys drafted mixed in with some nfl starters without beining able to win your division within a pitiful conference? The answer is because Shannon was a horrendous coach.

without
buildinging the program up dummy? explain that.

How do you have 10 all acc guys, have 8 guys drafted mixed in with some nfl starters without beining able to win your division within a pitiful conference? The answer is because Shannon was a horrendous coach.

Exactley. Shannon failed as a HC..the dude sucked. he built the talent back up and underachieved. kinda what Golden did at temple.

Advertisement
Back