Jelani Hamilton Gone

Hopefully he made the most of his education. He was highly ranked but I don't think his lack of production is much of a surprise. At least he stuck it out when he could have bailed plenty of times. Best of luck to him.

Advertisement
Hopefully he made the most of his education. He was highly ranked but I don't think his lack of production is much of a surprise. At least he stuck it out when he could have bailed plenty of times. Best of luck to him.

Yep my bleakness fore told his sucking....he was highly overrated because he went to St. Thomas.... played too soft and didnt have that pop..knee injurty made things worst

He might be the nicest, greatest dude in the world and I commend him for that, but he was a flat out bust. High 4 star recruit. Rarely saw the field. Red shirt as junior (non injury). No other word for it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Had a safety as a frosh vs NC state. Then boom never to step foot on the field.

With the right coaching, he would've been useful I would guess. He's another name on a long list of names who came here and didn't pan out yet had attention from a who's who of college football. Good luck to the young man.

When players get dropped, i truly feels it gives the players on the team an extra motivation to work harder becuase they dont want to end up like that but its still young we shall see.

Advertisement
Prior staff wasted prime years of them all. Kwami Harris said they taught to play thru the OL center of mass which is an OL dream. Looked like they were 4th grade slow dancers. On the contrary, listen to Kool on youtube and one of three things to get your DL beat is playing too mush to OL center of mass. When was the last time you saw a UM DL pass rush move such as a spin move....never! Who knows what this kid might have been had he not been in the hands of inept coaches?

We gotta stop blaming coaches and/or prior injuries every time a player fizzles out. Sometimes guys just aren't that good. In Hamilton's case, you could see in his Senior "highlight" film that he wasn't physical enough for major college football.

Advertisement
RIP Salami Hamilton.

white_shadow_salami.jpg

Not sure who or what to blame, but if you felt he wasn't going to be productive then you were in the distinct minority of raters. Hamilton was a high 4 star with offers from everybody. He had a disappointing career when viewed against the prism of his stars, but he did his time (gracefully) so I've got nothing bad to say about him. Unfortunately for him he will be mentioned among the biggest of busts from at least the Golden era if not a larger time period.

Yep my bleakness fore told his sucking....he was highly overrated because he went to St. Thomas.... played too soft and didnt have that pop..knee injurty made things worst

Before he ever committed I thought he was WAY too slow for a DE, and lacked a high motor. And he wasn't strong in HS, just big.

Not sure who or what to blame, but if you felt he wasn't going to be productive then you were in the distinct minority of raters. Hamilton was a high 4 star with offers from everybody. He had a disappointing career when viewed against the prism of his stars, but he did his time (gracefully) so I've got nothing bad to say about him. Unfortunately for him he will be mentioned among the biggest of busts from at least the Golden era if not a larger time period.

Naw there were several posters who were not enthused with him... We were just overcome by the sheep... I hate Being right when dudes are gonna suck... I remember when I think macho or someone else said no way Dwayne hoilett would ever play here....he got lambasted but dudes are usually right

Advertisement
Back