Jelani Hamilton Gone

We gotta stop blaming coaches and/or prior injuries every time a player fizzles out. Sometimes guys just aren't that good. In Hamilton's case, you could see in his Senior "highlight" film that he wasn't physical enough for major college football.

he hit his prime as a sophomore when STA went up to Ohio to play in that Herbie sponsored game and got robbed. Played great in that game

Advertisement
With the right coaching, he would've been useful I would guess. He's another name on a long list of names who came here and didn't pan out yet had attention from a who's who of college football. Good luck to the young man.

I'm not sure a coaching can make a player be physical if he is not.

I'll add Rhyan Anderson to that long list.

With the right coaching, he would've been useful I would guess. He's another name on a long list of names who came here and didn't pan out yet had attention from a who's who of college football. Good luck to the young man.

I know Rhyan and his parents very well. He had so much he was dealing with. His mother passed away a few years ago. His dad and I hooked up in ATL during Thanksgvn. Rhyan finished his degree and is doing well.

He once ate an entire of box of chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches and bragged about it on twitter. Good riddance.

I know Rhyan and his parents very well. He had so much he was dealing with. His mother passed away a few years ago. His dad and I hooked up in ATL during Thanksgvn. Rhyan finished his degree and is doing well.

Thank you for adding that little bit of perspective.
Very glad he is doing well.

Advertisement
Watched him play against Bishop Gorman when he was a senior in HS.....game was televised....
He was a complete non factor

Not sure who or what to blame, but if you felt he wasn't going to be productive then you were in the distinct minority of raters. Hamilton was a high 4 star with offers from everybody. He had a disappointing career when viewed against the prism of his stars, but he did his time (gracefully) so I've got nothing bad to say about him. Unfortunately for him he will be mentioned among the biggest of busts from at least the Golden era if not a larger time period.

Naw there were several posters who were not enthused with him... We were just overcome by the sheep... I hate Being right when dudes are gonna suck... I remember when I think macho or someone else said no way Dwayne hoilett would ever play here....he got lambasted but dudes are usually right

Oh, dude, I got ripped a new ******* for that statement. They were all over me. LOL

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back