Jeff Thomas

Ka’deem Carey just signed the most lucrative American contract for a RB in CFL history, 2 year deal worth atleast $340k a year. Obviously not NFL money but if someone can make 40-60% of that while working their way back to the NFL it’s not a bad gig.
Didn't know that. Good for Ka'deem. He was fun to watch at U of A.

Advertisement
shame a guy like this didn't have DVD throwing to him. well, shame his head was up his *** most of his career, but having another QB would've really highlighted him
Or we can look at it as a shame he didn't catch that TD ball against Florida, or the long pass in the ACC title that wouldn't have allowed Clemson to drop the hammer so quick on us, after both balls hit him in both hands. Like I said then, Big time Players Make Big Time Plays - those were he's two biggest at Miami, he didn't make either.

Or we can look at it as a shame he didn't catch that TD ball against Florida, or the long pass in the ACC title that wouldn't have allowed Clemson to drop the hammer so quick on us, after both balls hit him in both hands. Like I said then, Big time Players Make Big Time Plays - those were he's two biggest at Miami, he didn't make either.

lol ok man. probably could have come down with that ball vs UF, but that was an incredibly difficult catch. not like it was a given. i'd rip him way more for that absolutely murderous dropped punt. but that catch in the end zone was hardly a reason to get on him.

Can't look at the bad without looking at the good.... LSU Game?? How many times did he get behind defenders and was our best weapon from Rosier to literally just throw as far as he could...

Hate him if you want but the kid had a lot of incredible highlight plays. Everyone was comparing him to the all time greats and sure he maybe didnt meet everyone's lofty expectations. But man kid could make some special plays.

Advertisement
Ka’deem Carey just signed the most lucrative American contract for a RB in CFL history, 2 year deal worth atleast $340k a year. Obviously not NFL money but if someone can make 40-60% of that while working their way back to the NFL it’s not a bad gig.

Edit: meant to link article
Wow, that is a massive deal. Usually that money is reserved for QB's......CFL stepping up..... Or they may go bankrupt soon. Haha

Wow, that is a massive deal. Usually that money is reserved for QB's......CFL stepping up..... Or they may go bankrupt soon. Haha
They recently asked players to take a 20% paycut or reduced salary cap 20% due to Covid, can’t remember which. But his contract was surprising.

lol ok man. probably could have come down with that ball vs UF, but that was an incredibly difficult catch. not like it was a given. i'd rip him way more for that absolutely murderous dropped punt. but that catch in the end zone was hardly a reason to get on him.
I was answering in context of your QB statement and those games - which were the two biggest. I don't hate on the kid, I just don't get the logic people use anytime his name comes up and they default to Rosier as the problem (and forget how horrible the O-line was). Rosier was told he'd never start here; Many thought Thomas was God's gift. One exceeded his ceiling, one never reached it.

The QB didn't make him ***** up off the field. So put it another way; Think of all the TD's and highlights he would have had if Rosier would have thrown to him (or had time with the Ol) if he'd been on the field. But oh wait! He wasn't on the field, because he was always suspended for ******** up. That is why with all his incredible talent he is without a team.

To me Manny sealed his fate when he brought him back. All that cancer talk was BS. The team saw it too. In the end he didn't do Thomas any favors either. One of many poster boys for the past 17 years this program has struggled: too many overrated, undisciplined recruits who thought they were better than they really were, were not willing to put in the work to better themselves. Combine that with staffs that allowed it, and welcome to mediocrity.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back