Jeff Thomas

CFL would take him, and that's not meant to be disparaging. I mean they don't pay a lot, but it is football. Different football, but still football. With the size of the field his speed could be used nicely.

Advertisement
The dude is stupid talented and maybe taking those 2 years off cleared his head up. I mean at 24 hes got a good 10 years left in him. Find a great training team/Gym that is connected to the NFL. They will get the word out if he truly has turned it around.

If he wanted to play football there's plenty of options...... he wants to play profe$$ional football, start at the top.

Some people are just their own worst enemy.

Kid made a mistake coming to Miami. Should’ve gone somewhere with a good QB and a wide open spread offense. Not saying he still wouldn’t of messed up off field, but he would’ve had way more tape and probably drafted after 3 years.

Advertisement
It's incredibly sad when you see it, you know where its going, and nothing they or others do seems to change the trajectory. On the other hand, you get to see this game save a lot of people.

CFL would take him, and that's not meant to be disparaging. I mean they don't pay a lot, but it is football. Different football, but still football. With the size of the field his speed could be used nicely.
I wouldn't be so sure of that, they might give him a tryout, but they can only have so many American players right? They need to be sure of their takes. I saw a similar situation with a guy who went to Clemson - they tried him out, but never bit.

Kid made a mistake coming to Miami. Should’ve gone somewhere with a good QB and a wide open spread offense. Not saying he still wouldn’t of messed up off field, but he would’ve had way more tape and probably drafted after 3 years.

eh he is a speedy small slot guy, now if he goes and puts up crazy numbers maybe he gets drafted. But he is much closer to the Isiah McKenzie mold than Hill. He got a shot with the Pats who saw something but still had like the lowest signing bonus (I think only $2,500) of any player I have seen, no one else was touching him for whatever reason, same with Willis who was a manchild here yet cannot make a roster in the NFL.

I have a few crazy NE fan friends that follow the team in depth and they heard that when he was hurt he wasn't attending all the rehab stuff he should have been and ran some wrong routes at practice (which is a big no-no for Belichick apparently). Did say he would flash here and there and his get-off was prob best on the team but still he was cut pretty quick on a team desperate for WR and never got another look.

This is the same Pats team that took undrafted JC Jackson and made him a star who is now prob going to be a top paid NFL CB. Some similarities between the two but JC is actually worse, JC starts at UF, gets hurt week 1 and redshirts, gets arrested for armed robbery, kicked off team, goes to Riverside then ends up at Maryland, finishes his career with a TOTAL of only like 80 tackles and less than 5 INTs, not a lot of film, goes to the Pats, gets only a 10k signing bonus, balls out in Camp and is now a star. Yes that is the exception more than the rule but if there was a team to do it, he was on it.

shame a guy like this didn't have DVD throwing to him. well, shame his head was up his *** most of his career, but having another QB would've really highlighted him

Advertisement
He has the physical talent to play in the NFL, but I doubt any team would give him a shot at this point.

You have a point when you say that his best route might actually be the XFL or the other spring league that’s starting up. He could potentially get some good tape out there and then maybe the NFL comes calling.

A lot of guys have the "physical talent" to play in the NFL, but there are 32 teams and only so many spots.

Few guys can disappear from a game—after underachieving their way through college, while out-talenting everyone in high school—and have some wake up moment (after going undrafted), turning it around to play at the sport's highest level.

Won't say the kid has zero chance, but 99.9% odds that even with some mental about-face it's long gone for fan-favorite Jeff Thomas.

Would actually take him more seriously if he wasn't on Twitter talking about any comeback—head down, actually doing the work and trying to get there—instead of chasing social media love from people who have given him too many undeserved chances.

shame a guy like this didn't have DVD throwing to him. well, shame his head was up his *** most of his career, but having another QB would've really highlighted him

He was a head case. Don't blame the quarterback.

KJ Osborn had Jarren Williams and N'Kosi Perry throwing footballs at him for a year and the former Buffalo transfer parlayed that into a fifth round pick and a nice little career in Minnesota—as the kid is a tireless working, a leader and a winner.

Jeff Thomas was always the problem with Jeff Thomas. He didn't see the field because he was getting outworked by "lesser" players. Doesn't matter who was throwing the ball.

He was a head case. Don't blame the quarterback.

KJ Osborn had Jarren Williams and N'Kosi Perry throwing footballs at him for a year and the former Buffalo transfer parlayed that into a fifth round pick and a nice little career in Minnesota—as the kid is a tireless working, a leader and a winner.

Jeff Thomas was always the problem with Jeff Thomas. He didn't see the field because he was getting outworked by "lesser" players. Doesn't matter who was throwing the ball.

yeah i said he had his head up his *** most of his career. disagree largely with your last sentence. jmo

Wasn't as elusive as Roscoe??....Yes he was.....Look, we all know JT made mistakes....but let's stop with the talent nonsense. I personally took time off from work the entire week of the Under Armor game in Orlando...JUST to focus on watching JT at practices and of course the game. The entire week JT made a complete mockery of EVERY 4 & 5* DB (and there was a plethora of elite kids) to the point it was comical. When they held the fastest Under Armor participant race....JT left everyone in the dust to win the award. Let's not even talk about the game...where he not only was MVP with 2 TDs....but his Okie Doak Dead leg on one of the TDs, is still talked about till this day. He left an All Star LSU Secondary in absolute disarray too boot....When I met and spoke with Jeff at UM....I left thinking this kid was gonna be an all time UM Great....Breaks my heart at the degree of wasted talent.
He was basically open on every play during his time here. He was a monster in and out his breaks.

Advertisement
I wouldn't be so sure of that, they might give him a tryout, but they can only have so many American players right? They need to be sure of their takes. I saw a similar situation with a guy who went to Clemson - they tried him out, but never bit.
That is true. They have to have a certain amount of Canadians on the team. Usually they are Oline men and safeties. Some Slot Backs for sure. Its no guarantee, to play in Canada and barely make anything you really have to love football and the living in Canada part. At least for part of the year

Most teams up here have their ratio for Canadians to the OL and DL, but if you can play and you're willing to play most Canadian teams will take a chance on you. Toronto signed both Tony Washington and Shawn Oakman this past offseason, also had martavis Bryant under contract but he never showed up for TC (heard from a player it was most likely vaccine related)

That is true. They have to have a certain amount of Canadians on the team. Usually they are Oline men and safeties. Some Slot Backs for sure. Its no guarantee, to play in Canada and barely make anything you really have to love football and the living in Canada part. At least for part of the year
My late wife was from Toronto, one of her best friends was an Argonauts Cheerleader on their Grey Cup team in the 80s.

Advertisement
At least he's realized his attitude & work ethic were working against him. Some dudes never come to that realization - it's always someone else fault.

USFL seems the best route to him getting back on the field.

Ka’deem Carey just signed the most lucrative American contract for a RB in CFL history, 2 year deal worth atleast $340k a year. Obviously not NFL money but if someone can make 40-60% of that while working their way back to the NFL it’s not a bad gig.

Edit: meant to link article

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back