Jeff Thomas sticking with Illinois. NOT!

He handled it the only way he knows how my dude. To run. Don’t fault the 20 year old kid for psychological issues when the 40-50 year old coaches are pushing him to the brink and was quite literally the only player with a pulse on our offense.
He’s not a martyr man, I’m sorry. Anyway you want to slice it the 40-50 year old men were being paid to coach, they clearly failed at it, but that’s not his place to almost come to blows with one. If he had issues go to administration about them. But short of them breaking the law or putting kids purposefully in dangerous situations Jeff had no place to do what he did.

Advertisement
Consequences don't have to all be the same because every issue or infraction isn't the same. I agree let there be a consequence but that doesn't necessarily mean exact punishment.

First, let the team vote. Then let him start down in the depth chart and earn his way back which means his reps are reduced. If He puts the work in he can get back up there. Then a very short leash from here on out.

That’s fair. I just don’t think he should be allowed to come back in like he did nothing wrong in the situation.

Advertisement
If he runs again,....it's to the draft. Nowhere to run and play right away in FBS. Throw away your career or ball out for UM or sit for a year.

We hold all the cards.

But the narrative is that his only reaction is to quit since he is an introvert.

Advertisement
I’m here whether or not I’m right or wrong I’m just saying my words came directly from him last night unlike other rumors on him... unless some new developments happened this morning idk I’ll be talking to him later though so I’ll keep y’all informed but if he comes back y’all can give me all the sh*t you want I’m man enough to take that...and if y’all still don’t believe me just ask @apfenny3 he will def back me up on my credibility 👌🏼
Can’t speak for anything Jeff did/didn’t say but I can confirm his and @MiamiCanes812’s friendship

Advertisement
Advertisement
Does he make us better? Absolutely.

Bring him back and make him earn his starting role back, shouldn't be hard.

Keep him on a short leash. If he ***** up, give him an extended suspension or boot him depending on the circumstances.

Can't risk losing credibility amongst the rest of the roster but he's a dynamic athlete who immediately becomes our best receiver, again.

if it was “homesick” why is he tryna come back. That’s my point. I don’t think homesickness had anything to do with it tbh. It was friction with staff. But as a coach let’s say we hit a rough stretch or Jeff doesn’t click with who is coaching him. Do you take him back and jeopardize the same **** Happenimg again

If you are homesick AND feel you are in a hopeless situation it makes it worse. Now if there is hope and a new beginning, the homesickness is not so much of a factor. Its like starting like when he was a freshman. He was probably missing home then too but other things were keeping him going. It was a dynamic not so much one thing playing into it.

I think if the team is ok taking him back and you give him a meaningful consequence I would be fine with it.

Oh look, being a pretentious know it all douche on the internet backfires.

And no surprise it's you. ******* bozo

Did I hurt you at some point in the past to the point you’ve becoming a raging cūnt?

Get therapy so you can move on with your life.

Advertisement
Back