Jeff Thomas sticking with Illinois. NOT!

It’s obvious Jeff has some issues personally in his life. He’s a super talented player and has a lot of potential in the NFL. I would take him back strictly on one condition. He proves can be and adult and handle his own life. He should have to earn his spot back and by that I mean he needs to do what Willis did and spend a year on scout team and then he can rejoin in 2020. I know that is not what he has in mind but his actions, while a result of his environment and situation with the team last year, were completely unacceptable. It is a privilege to get a D1 scholly and he acted like a brat about it when he wasn’t getting his way and even challenging his coaches in front of his teammates. If he doesn’t want to do that then I wouldn’t want him back. He’s not entitled to a spot at University of Miami. Prove it to us.

Advertisement
Here is what is happening here.

The only smoke about JT4 has been manufactured IN THIS THREAD.

People read this thread, like lame local reporters such as Mammary Navarro, and report it, thereby reinforcing the manufactured rumor, which began in this thread.

Like Kekulé’s dream snake, you guys are eating your own tail. Creating your own rumor, and then using your own smoke as proof of the rumor you created. With a couple of flimsy “insiders” - you know who you are - fanning the flames with your wishful thinking.

NEWSFLASH - just because you might have a passing acquaintance with a couple of players on the team doesn’t mean you now shlt, doesn’t mean they tell you shlt, and doesn’t mean they even know shlt. You think MD and the sports administration are blabbermouthing their inside personnel plans to one grunt out of 85? Here’s a clue: THEY’RE NOT.

I have not seen one single realiable thing from JT4 or his camp that would add credence to any of this.

There is no smoke - except what’s been created here.

Oh look, being a pretentious know it all douche on the internet backfires.

And no surprise it's you. ******* bozo

Advertisement
It’s obvious Jeff has some issues personally in his life. He’s a super talented player and has a lot of potential in the NFL. I would take him back strictly on one condition. He proves can be and adult and handle his own life. He should have to earn his spot back and by that I mean he needs to do what Willis did and spend a year on scout team and then he can rejoin in 2020. I know that is not what he has in mind but his actions, while a result of his environment and situation with the team last year, were completely unacceptable. It is a privilege to get a D1 scholly and he acted like a brat about it when he wasn’t getting his way and even challenging his coaches in front of his teammates. If he doesn’t want to do that then I wouldn’t want him back. He’s not entitled to a spot at University of Miami. Prove it to us.
Nah, let his *** back on and ball this season then let him go off to the NFL

It's very simple. He balls out one more year and bounces to the league.

Look, as Mr. Myagi once said - "Teacher say, student do." I love Richt as a man of integrity and of faith, but he hadn't brought the discipline required to make the U work its way back to the top. If Diaz can do that, then JT will follow that at least for a year, so he can show out, maybe win a ring for the Coastal (do they give rings for that?) and move on.

Advertisement
Willis needs to sit his *** down and just show him what he needs to do.
**** Mark Richt needs to sit him down if he was the one that changed Willis.

Willis was a kid with MAJOR character issues and we were scared every second of a problem.
Then he completely changed his act. Im not sure I've seen anything like that TBH usually they change for a year and then their old problems come back.

Not with this. We’ve had some bad dudes and guys with attitudes before but you don’t bring back a guy who quit on the team and feels free to curse coaches out. You want to win but you don’t want this becoming 2008 Florida because then things will end just as quickly as they started. Also, you want to keep him away from the younger guys. A hard pass. You don’t build a program with Jeff Thomas.

During the JJ thru Coker era we didn’t give a **** about a guys attitude as long as he was a badass player. As long as he can follow the game plan and make the spectacular catches he made this past season...he’s a winner and we should take him back.

Don’t matter about the past with past coaches who couldn’t coach anyways.

Advertisement
where's xbox boy who claimed he wasnt coming back lol. clearly jeff wants to and barry reported teammates are expecting him back

I’m good with the year in purgatory. I just don’t think he should be brought back in like nothing happened. Actions have consequences.
I agree he’s gonna have to earn the trust back from his teammates and coaches. He also has to earn his spot in the starting lineup which he will easily.

Advertisement
To anyone who thinks "he's a quitter, he quit" can sit down. The dude was the only guy on offense with any fire and drive to win all season. He was open every single game and no one could hit him. This is a business and this is his livelyhood on the line. Everyone who just looks at it like oh "free education" yes they get that but they also have dreams to get to the NFL and the last offensive staff was pretty much making his stock plummet.

Michael Irvin wouldnt of sat with a smile while Rosier and Richt **** his career up. Just like Eddy Johnson didnt with Golden/d nafrio **** show. And great coaches like Jimmy, Urban sure as **** wouldnt of thrown them off the team. Great coaches know how to chanel that and make these guys hall of famers. If Jimmy was coach, Eddy Johnson would be one of the highest paid LBs in the league right now.

We saw the tension and his frusteration when we had coaches/players that didnt give a **** about winning. It was the same with EJ. The guys want to be great and WIN. Everybody likes to keep bringing up quitting. Have to use some common sense and read between the lines. The guy showed extreme passion and frusteration when his coach and QB werent doing there job. And he had every right to. The guy was dissmissed.

The same people would say Jimmy should of thrown Irvin off the team when he beat the linemans *** for cutting in front of him to get his steak. Did Jimmy say “oh we cant have a freshman dividing the lockeroom?”. **** no. He said thats my guy. Some of you too fragile. The guy has all world talent. Use it. Period.

BINGO —- old school Canes is what we need!

To anyone who thinks "he's a quitter, he quit" can sit down. The dude was the only guy on offense with any fire and drive to win all season. He was open every single game and no one could hit him. This is a business and this is his livelyhood on the line. Everyone who just looks at it like oh "free education" yes they get that but they also have dreams to get to the NFL and the last offensive staff was pretty much making his stock plummet.

BINGO—- he was tired of MR’s 3 runs up the middle game plan.

Okay..ima play devils advocate for Jeff

Say he does legitimately want to comeback..doesn’t that shoot down the reason that he himself and many on here co-signed about he’s reason for leaving was personal. He wanted to be close to fam and was homesick..that rationale goes out of the window..

So once again If him wanting Back In is true one can conclude that he “left” because he quit on his teammates and team in a tough situation. The O was **** this year. So he quits. One also can say that there indeed was friction and probably a confrontation between him and the old staff.

Now if that’s the reason he left his teammates out to dry and he wants back, if I’m manny I’m not gonna dismiss his request. I’d handle like this: Have a full team meeting with all returning players, lay out the situation to why Jeff quit or “left” the team for all the players. Then let the players vote. AND vote openly. Nothings secretly. Talley them votes. Then have your team captains in a meet with only the staff discuss and decide on what happens next

It was both homesickness and disappointment with the offense from what I read. So I guess he figured if I am going to play for a disappointing team may as well play near home.

Advertisement
Back