Jeff Thomas sticking with Illinois. NOT!

Advertisement
Thomas was our best WR....

Watch the replays....

Amazing mitts.....fearless over the middle....ran tight-*** routes like...
1547251491720.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gut feel.

He quit on his high school team, tried to quit UM after his freshman season (coaches talked him out of it) then quit mid-season and most importantly, mid-semester. So in order for him to play at another D1 school he'll have to make up the classes he didn't complete this semester at UM and be a full time student at Illinois for one full academic year before being eligible to play again.

Had he stayed at UM he would have been the marquee guy in 2019 and been in prime position to get drafted in the 2020 draft. Now he'll have to do what I listed above then play for Illinois in 2020 and go into the 2021 draft. I will be very surprised if he can hold up through all of that. Just my opinion.

Had he transferred to a lower division school he could have played in 2019 and entered the 2020 draft but instead he chose Illinois so he has to sit out 2019. Questionable move.

I can foresee a scenario where he just uses Illinois as a practice spot in 2019 then declaring for the 2020 draft after not playing the 2019 season. He'll go undrafted but will likely get a UFA opportunity with some NFL squad. But that would mean he never plays another CFB game (my prediction). This is the most probable outcome IMO.
A sad but likely scenario. Sad sad situation for this kid.

removed all mentions of Illinois from his twitter and is not listed on their roster.................
I hope its not something he did to get kicked out. Baller 100% and was on his way to the league if he stayed here. Would've had another year of great film.

Advertisement
Gut feel.

He quit on his high school team, tried to quit UM after his freshman season (coaches talked him out of it) then quit mid-season and most importantly, mid-semester. So in order for him to play at another D1 school he'll have to make up the classes he didn't complete this semester at UM and be a full time student at Illinois for one full academic year before being eligible to play again.

Had he stayed at UM he would have been the marquee guy in 2019 and been in prime position to get drafted in the 2020 draft. Now he'll have to do what I listed above then play for Illinois in 2020 and go into the 2021 draft. I will be very surprised if he can hold up through all of that. Just my opinion.

Had he transferred to a lower division school he could have played in 2019 and entered the 2020 draft but instead he chose Illinois so he has to sit out 2019. Questionable move.

I can foresee a scenario where he just uses Illinois as a practice spot in 2019 then declaring for the 2020 draft after not playing the 2019 season. He'll go undrafted but will likely get a UFA opportunity with some NFL squad. But that would mean he never plays another CFB game (my prediction). This is the most probable outcome IMO.
I can’t see him playing another down of football either. His decision making has been **** poor for a long time and seems to have some insecurities.

I just can’t see how he gets through a year without playing football but on the other hand, not playing for a year may change his perspective on life

Advertisement
Jeff Thomas? Talented kid. Wish him well. Just not here. I don’t care how much CMR sucked and how he wasn’t getting enough touches. You don’t quit on your team. If he was upset wait until the season is over.

He quit in HS, he quit on the canes. He should do his growing up elsewhere. Kid gets to play for a school with a great football tradition. Getting a free college ride estimated at almost 200k for the cost of 4 years. Like **** kid grow a brain

Advertisement
Back