Jeff Thomas sticking with Illinois. NOT!

Advertisement
Thomas had a blow-up with Ron Duggans and went too far. He burned the bridge to any return.
Yup! He also told Dugans to suck his D***. That was the end of his time at Miami. Also missed and late for practices/meetings and supposedly due to his relationship with Dugans, he was spewing poisonous thoughts to Pope and other young receivers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Saw he landed at Illinois with Lovie Smith why exactly did Richt dismiss him and not dismiss Perry for his sextape?
he wasn't dismissed he chose to leave program and he had issues with authority got into it a lot with dugans his position coach had same issue in hs always getting into it with his coaches so I don't think was dugans fault

He has to sit out a year on the bench now and by the time he's eligible to play next year his coach lovie will be fired and Jeff will quit on his time again and not get drafted

His tape is legit. If Callaway's baggage didn't keep him from getting drafted, Jeff's won't either.

Advertisement
Saw he landed at Illinois with Lovie Smith why exactly did Richt dismiss him and not dismiss Perry for his sextape?

He wasn't dismissed. He quit. Lots of behind the scenes stuff went on, but it all came to a boil when he mushed Dugans in practice and walked off the field. To make matters worse, Richt chastised him in a meeting the following day and JT4 said "F--- IT. I'M OUT!", and hasn't looked back since.

Interesting part to all of this is that there's been some talk with new coaching staff about trying to bring him back. Stay tuned.

He wasn't dismissed. He quit. Lots of behind the scenes stuff went on, but it all came to a boil when he mushed Dugans in practice and walked off the field. To make matters worse, Richt chastised him in a meeting the following day and JT4 said "F--- IT. I'M OUT!", and hasn't looked back since.

Interesting part to all of this is that there's been some talk with new coaching staff about trying to bring him back. Stay tuned.

Is it too late? I thought he already elected to transfer to Illini?

Is it too late? I thought he already elected to transfer to Illini?

Not sure how the transfer rules work, but I found it interesting to hear that there was a possibility of him coming back. Makes some sense, considering the root of JT4's issues (Richt offense & Dugans) with the team are now gone.

Advertisement
Why is that?

Gut feel.

He quit on his high school team, tried to quit UM after his freshman season (coaches talked him out of it) then quit mid-season and most importantly, mid-semester. So in order for him to play at another D1 school he'll have to make up the classes he didn't complete this semester at UM and be a full time student at Illinois for one full academic year before being eligible to play again.

Had he stayed at UM he would have been the marquee guy in 2019 and been in prime position to get drafted in the 2020 draft. Now he'll have to do what I listed above then play for Illinois in 2020 and go into the 2021 draft. I will be very surprised if he can hold up through all of that. Just my opinion.

Had he transferred to a lower division school he could have played in 2019 and entered the 2020 draft but instead he chose Illinois so he has to sit out 2019. Questionable move.

I can foresee a scenario where he just uses Illinois as a practice spot in 2019 then declaring for the 2020 draft after not playing the 2019 season. He'll go undrafted but will likely get a UFA opportunity with some NFL squad. But that would mean he never plays another CFB game (my prediction). This is the most probable outcome IMO.

Jeff Thomas is still on our roster why is that , and if not ....then bring Jeff back to 😐

1547002488918.gif

Advertisement
Back