Jeff Thomas status?

He needs to stay. But I would wait till after the bowl game and see if any staff changes are made. and then make a choice if Enos is still around i would probably leave

It doesn’t matter what happens. He needs to return.

His behavior and work ethic have raised too many questions about his intangibles.

He needs to turn over a new leaf and give every weight room and practice rep everything he’s got. He needs to improve his attitude and acceptance of coaching.

With hard work, he can greatly improve his top end speed and be a complete, dominant player for his size.

He has to understand the NFL doesn’t just give multi million dollar contracts for showing up. It will be the hardest work he has ever done in his life. If he wants the money, he should bring a pro effort to a college team and give himself a real shot at changing his life.

Advertisement
It doesn’t matter what happens. He needs to return.

His behavior and work ethic have raised too many questions about his intangibles.

He needs to turn over a new leaf and give every weight room and practice rep everything he’s got. He needs to improve his attitude and acceptance of coaching.

With hard work, he can greatly improve his top end speed and be a complete, dominant player for his size.

He has to understand the NFL doesn’t just give multi million dollar contracts for showing up. It will be the hardest work he has ever done in his life. If he wants the money, he should bring a pro effort to a college team and give himself a real shot at changing his life.
Well said. Sadly though, this exact post could have been made a year ago and it would have applied the same then.

Last edited:
i always thought he had superstar written all over him. what a shame he was given malik rosier as his QB option and this year has just been weird. i dont think there is any chance he comes back for 2020, although i agree with u he needs to.

The combination of Malik as his QB, Richt Sr. as his OC, and Jon as the QB coach was simply dreadful. Basic routes and route trees really take away from this kid's ability - and that's basically been our M.O for 5 years.

Scheme much more than QB, imo, but yeah I agree with your point. I don't understand why anyone sh-ts on Kaaya. He wasn't perfect but he is the best QB we've had since Dorsey, by a long long mile.

Even with how trash our scheme has been, Brad would find Jeff much more often than Jarren and N’Kosi.

Advertisement
Scheme much more than QB, imo, but yeah I agree with your point. I don't understand why anyone sh-ts on Kaaya. He wasn't perfect but he is the best QB we've had since Dorsey, by a long long mile.

All I remember is him getting sacked anytime a defender sneezed on him down the stretch. "***** in the Pocket" is what I labeled him. I'm not a fan of that type of QB. With that said, if the kid had Dorsey's 2001 OL, and his personnel, he would have crushed the record books. I don't hate him at all. He's all CANE. But, I just prefer a tough **** under center.

The combination of Malik as his QB, Richt Sr. as his OC, and Jon as the QB coach was simply dreadful. Basic routes and route trees really take away from this kid's ability - and that's basically been our M.O for 5 years.
Dude would have been a stud here with Morris or Kaaya as qb and Jedd as the OC.

Dude would have been a stud here with Morris or Kaaya as qb and Jedd as the OC.

It's painful to think about all the things we don't do with him - and really how he still hasn't been further developed. It's like he's still the guy who ate everyone's lunch at the All-Star Game but hasn't really been pushed past that in terms of development. Just all-natural ability.

It's painful to think about all the things we don't do with him - and really how he still hasn't been further developed. It's like he's still the guy who ate everyone's lunch at the All-Star Game but hasn't really been pushed past that in terms of development. Just all-natural ability.
His high school tape was so frickin impressive. I saw him live too in his younger high school days and knew he’d be a stud.

Advertisement
All I remember is him getting sacked anytime a defender sneezed on him down the stretch. "***** in the Pocket" is what I labeled him. I'm not a fan of that type of QB. With that said, if the kid had Dorsey's 2001 OL, and his personnel, he would have crushed the record books. I don't hate him at all. He's all CANE. But, I just prefer a tough **** under center.

He was misused like all of our players.

He was thrown to the wolves before he was ready and developed some bad habits as a result. Williams should have been the starter and Brad worked in over time.

He was a 1st round quality passer from three step drop. He was such a pure west coast quick passing quarterback, he never had to hold the ball in high school. He knew where to go with it and got it out quick.

Richt leaving him stranded in five step drops with bad pass protection was criminal neglect the first half of 2016.

Richt’s short passing game was awful, but when he used what little he had after the Notre Dame fiasco, Brad got hot and the offense ended 2016 on a tear.

You want to know how all powerful coaching is? Compare 2016 before Notre Dame offense to 2016 after 2016 Notre Dame offense.

We get really good, but not all around dominant, can’t miss players like the elite teams.

The reason we can’t live in the second tier, top 10-15 teams and play good football is because we try to make the players we do sign play against their strengths.

Fair enough. He did collapse like a wounded deer when the pocket broke down.

He was misused like all of our players.

He was thrown to the wolves before he was ready and developed some bad habits as a result. Williams should have been the starter and Brad worked in over time.

He was a 1st round quality passer from three step drop. He was such a pure west coast quick passing quarterback, he never had to hold the ball in high school. He knew where to go with it and got it out quick.

Richt leaving him stranded in five step drops with bad pass protection was criminal neglect the first half of 2016.

Richt’s short passing game was awful, but when he used what little he had after the Notre Dame fiasco, Brad got hot and the offense ended 2016 on a tear.

You want to know how all powerful coaching is? Compare 2016 before Notre Dame offense to 2016 after 2016 Notre Dame offense.

We get really good, but not all around dominant, can’t miss players like the elite teams.

The reason we can’t live in the second tier, top 10-15 teams and play good football is because we try to make the players we do sign play against their strengths.

He definitely was misused. Richt's dumb RPO approach, even though everyone in the world knew Brad would never run 99.9% of the time was just dumb. But, my main issue with him was his slow internal clock even after a year plus of starting experience and being soft in the pocket. Plus, he was AWFUL when it came to climbing the pocket - or just navigating the rush. Awful.

It is painful, but there's some culpability on Jeff's shoulders for that as well.

Advertisement
He's in control of his mindset and how he prepares. Absolutely. But, he doesn't control play design, route trees, and play-calling.
Of course. There's simply no arguing that JT4's talents haven't been cannibalized by the sh-t system(s) we've run since he's been here. Very sad and infuriating as ****. Yet, aside from that, he has always come across to me as a kid who thinks he will forever get by on his god given talents rather than being committed to honing his craft as much as possible. And I've seen that echoed by many who know him/his football career much better than I do. With a few very notable exceptions, that generally is not a recipe for success at the top of any form of athletics.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jeff Thomas has the talent to be a 1st round pick.. Anyone who says other wise just don't know anything about the way the game works.. Just from the same school alone; Santana Moss & Phillip Dorsett were drafted in the 1st round. Then Jeff Thomas - just by being a top combine performer alone will get consideration for the 1st round. He clearly has the same type of talent that those 2 have.. Also DeSean Jackson is a better comparison; At least they way their willing to do kick returns.

Every topic I read about Jeff Thomas this summer, about him leaving Miami was basically like "good luck but not really".. Then when they hire Enos & Jeff Thomas says he's rejoining the team.. Everyone wants the entire coaching staff fired, & all the players suck somehow.

Zion Nelson is a perfect example..... "Why are they so desperate they signed a low 3 star athlete.. Then kids on here especially were like;;; He's gained so much weight lifting weights - while acknowledging o-linemen takes usually 2 to 3 years to develop in the ncaa." Then after a few weeks in the 2019 school year everyone just bashes the kid.

Guys it comes down to this...........
If you really want it, you put in the work and make the effort for YOU.
If you show effort to the team, and guys in the locker respect you, the effort is made for YOU.
If you show up on time, do your business, and respect the Coaches, the effort is on YOU.
If you show up, sulk, run half assed routes, gossip, be a negative player, and never contribute to the team, then the effort is on YOU..

It all comes down to desire of what YOU want for yourself first, and what YOU show the team second.

The NFL is the payoff, but it is predicated on what YOU have done in College ball, not what YOU would like, desire, or hope for.
It is after all a choice.
It is entirely left up to Jeff.
The question is asked what do YOU want?..He is the only person to give an answer....Only Jeff knows, not CSI posters..

It is painful, but there's some culpability on Jeff's shoulders for that as well.

I feel you but malcontent wide receivers put up big numbers all the time.

Our ENTIRE offense has been a disaster for three years.

This staff tries too hard to reward attitude. Many coaches have lost games unnecessarily doing this and still don’t change the culture.

Jeff does have to take responsibility for the role he played in that, but our offensive problems are way, way bigger than him.

Advertisement
Back